My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Secretary of Defense James Mattis is implicated in one of the largest business scandals of the past decades, described by the Securities and Exchange Commission as an “elaborate, years-long fraud” through which Theranos, led by CEO Elizabeth Holmes and president Ramesh “Sunny” Balwani, “exaggerated or made false statements about the company’s technology, business, and financial performance.”

Basically, their biotech startup was founded on the promise of faster, cheaper, painless blood tests. But their technology was fake.

Mattis not only served on Theranos’s board during some of the years it was perpetrating the fraud after he retired from US military service, but he earlier served as a key advocate of putting the company’s technology (technology that was, to be clear, fake) to use inside the military while he was still serving as a general."

https://www.vox.com/2018/3/16/171242...os-board-trump

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    You think Mattis knew it was a fraud?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Holmes hoodwinked quite a few people. Obama named her a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship and the Clinton campaign had her host fundraisers.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Holmes hoodwinked quite a few people. Obama named her a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship and the Clinton campaign had her host fundraisers.
    Agreed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was sitting on the board. It was literally his job to know better.

That said, I doubt it.

The big takeaway is that it reflects very poorly on his judgment. Something TSA will gloss over in his rush to whitewash anything having to do with Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama Clinton
    Dance, marionetka.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Dance, marionetka.
    You only like to tell half the story, I fill in the rest of the details for those who want the whole story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was sitting on the board. It was literally his job to know better.

That said, I doubt it.

The big takeaway is that it reflects very poorly on his judgment. Something TSA will gloss over in his rush to whitewash anything having to do with Trump.
    Board members are 100% vulnerable to misinformation from executives. You are reaching on this one, BouGuy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Board members are 100% vulnerable to misinformation from executives. You are reaching on this one, BouGuy.
    They are, vulnerable to what management tells them indeed, BUT it is their job though to provide oversight, PERIOD. That is why you have a board of directors, to represent shareholders and hold management accountable.

When I evaluate board members in my risk assessments, I pay very close attention to what/how they talk about what they do. If they don't know their , that ups the risk profile for the business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit trying to make excuses for "R"s, you're smarter than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thread about mattis. your first post goes directly to clinton

*ding*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why isn't everything about Clinton?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit trying to make excuses for "R"s, you're smarter than that.
    Seriously? You twist that Mattis was on the board (along with Henry kissinger and many other washington heavy weights) into "Mattis company commits fraud" as your le and accuse ME of being partisan? Wouldnt you call me out if I started a thread " Ex Democrat Senator Sam Nunn conpany commits fraud?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Obama Clinton

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Seriously? You twist that Mattis was on the board (along with Henry kissinger and many other washington heavy weights) into "Mattis company commits fraud" as your le and accuse ME of being partisan? Wouldnt you call me out if I started a thread " Ex Democrat Senator Sam Nunn conpany commits fraud?
    He's been on a roll this week. This thread is no different than his "Trump aide-serious financial crimes" where the aid gambled.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Eh, its what Vox told him to think.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    That’s pretty god damn funny right there. Well done CC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice to see him deviate from wonkette once in a while

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    What the happened to this forum since I’ve been gone? I mean, Boutons is still an idiot and can’t think for himself and posts more than any human being should post on an Internet forum based on the Spurs....but everyone else has changed. RG never used to be this angry.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    For what it’s worth I still think you’re the most rationale poster on here outside of Teysha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the happened to this forum since I’ve been gone? I mean, Boutons is still an idiot and can’t think for himself and posts more than any human being should post on an Internet forum based on the Spurs....but everyone else has changed. RG never used to be this angry.
    yeah he's gone off the rails since the election tbh... melted down hard at one point and started spamming melania modeling pics

For what it’s worth I still think you’re the most rationale poster on here outside of Teysha.
    <3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You going to start taking all the Fox News, dailycaller, etc posts to task too or you just want to look mindlessly biased?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Nah. They get plenty of flack without me. I have hope that RG will wake the up.

Thread Information