Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Aldridge is better head-to-head

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays great against Towns & AD (for the most part) all the time it seems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will never be the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish he would own someone in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of it is probably a difference in playing styles. AD and KAT thrive off of guys who head straight for the rim every time. Not hard for those guys to defend that. But LMA has that Nowitzki post game and it’s pretty unguardable. Shooters like that are generally their own worst enemy on bad nights. I mean, you can’t rwally guard a fadeaway. It’s just usually such a difficult shot that most defenders just live with it when it goes in. I dunno, when I used to play I never let it get to me anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Karl Anthony-Towns is yet another empty-stat Kentucky guy who can't win when it matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Karl Anthony-Towns is yet another empty-stat Kentucky guy who can't win when it matters.
    Seriously. Can anyone name a Kentucky star that has done some actual winnning?

But yeah LMA dominates both KAT and AD often.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    empty stats aren't a thing in 2018..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    empty stats aren't a thing in 2018..
    Empty stats have been a thing since the invention of basketball. They didn't just go poof because you said so.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Empty stats have been a thing since the invention of basketball. They didn't just go poof because you said so.
    You tell'em!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a thing when all we had was PPG, RPG, basic FG%, etc..it's 2018, there are tracking stats for literally everything that occurs on an NBA court right now..there's nothing empty about Towns' numbers, he's an offensive monster..just because he sucks on defense, it doesn't mean his offensive numbers are "empty"..

Also, judging a player by wins and losses and automatically dismissing their impact because of his cir stances is stupid..most of this forum used to claim Kevin Garnett put up empty stats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should've used Harden's face instead since LMA can't post him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a thing when all we had was PPG, RPG, basic FG%, etc..it's 2018, there are tracking stats for literally everything that occurs on an NBA court right now..there's nothing empty about Towns' numbers, he's an offensive monster..just because he sucks on defense, it doesn't mean his offensive numbers are "empty"..

Also, judging a player by wins and losses and automatically dismissing their impact because of his cir stances is stupid..most of this forum used to claim Kevin Garnett put up empty stats
    KAT puts up a lot of stats. Does he win? no. Cousins puts up a lot of stats. Does he win? no.

Sit down and shut the up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KAT puts up a lot of stats. Does he win? no. Cousins puts up a lot of stats. Does he win? no.

Sit down and shut the up.
    So by ur logic, replacing LA with KAT or Cousing would make us a losing team...?

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously. Can anyone name a Kentucky star that has done some actual winnning?

But yeah LMA dominates both KAT and AD often.
    He was never the centerpiece of any NBA team but Tayshaun Prince is one of the only real "winners" from that program that comes to mind.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm, not a lot of UK playoff success recently. Tayshaun Prince, Rajon Rondo, Antoine Walker and Nazr Mohammed have one ring.
    Three of the top ten in playoff WS had Spurs/Chaparrals, 3 Cliff Hagan, 6 Louie Dampier and 10 Mohammed. 21 Keith Bogans.
    Ringless Dan Issel is #1 in playoff WS.

<script type="text/javascript" src="//widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplay-index%2Fh2h_finder.cgi%3Frequest%3D1%26player_id1_ hint%3DLaMarcus%2BAldridge%26player_id1_select%3DL aMarcus%2BAldridge%26player_id1%3Daldrila01%26idx% 3Dplayers%26player_id2_hint%3DAnthony%2BDavis%26pl ayer_id2_select%3DAnthony%2BDavis%26player_id2%3Dd avisan02%26idx%3Dplayers&div=div_stats"></script>

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So by ur logic, replacing LA with KAT or Cousing would make us a losing team...?
    Yes, of course. They'd instantly be a ty defensive team with a player who doesn't know how to make his teammates better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm, not a lot of UK playoff success recently. Tayshaun Prince, Rajon Rondo, Antoine Walker and Nazr Mohammed have one ring.
    Three of the top ten in playoff WS had Spurs/Chaparrals, 3 Cliff Hagan, 6 Louie Dampier and 10 Mohammed. 21 Keith Bogans.
    Ringless Dan Issel is #1 in playoff WS.

<script type="text/javascript" src="//widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplay-index%2Fh2h_finder.cgi%3Frequest%3D1%26player_id1_ hint%3DLaMarcus%2BAldridge%26player_id1_select%3DL aMarcus%2BAldridge%26player_id1%3Daldrila01%26idx% 3Dplayers%26player_id2_hint%3DAnthony%2BDavis%26pl ayer_id2_select%3DAnthony%2BDavis%26player_id2%3Dd avisan02%26idx%3Dplayers&div=div_stats"></script>
    Calipari is great at recruiting top high schoolers, riding them for a year, and completely failing to teach them anything about basketball. They're good in college because they out-talent people, but they never learn how to grind out victories, how to make their teammates better, or how to dig deep and find what they need to improve. He's basically wasted half of a generation of talent all on his own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, of course. They'd instantly be a ty defensive team with a player who doesn't know how to make his teammates better.
    LMFAO! u don't watch basketball outside of the Spurs... KAT does everything better than LMA and is putting up better numbers than LMA while on a team with two high volume shooters because he is so efficient... LMA is a black hole

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMFAO! u don't watch basketball outside of the Spurs... KAT does everything better than LMA and is putting up better numbers than LMA while on a team with two high volume shooters because he is so efficient... LMA is a black hole
    You cant be this re ed & surely you dont hate LA this much. First off Lamarcus is a better scorer & defender than towns plus head to head he has indeed owned him . Second Towns has 2 stud scorers to take the pressure &. attention off him. Then you factor in their respective PGs - how DJ has no pg instincts at all . Towns got it easy compared to Lamarcus so no surprise numbers would reflect that.

Another hot take. Up there with ill wait for the playoffs to scapegoat LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cant be this re ed & surely you dont hate LA this much. First off Lamarcus is a better scorer & defender than towns plus head to head he has indeed owned him . Second Towns has 2 stud scorers to take the pressure &. attention off him. Then you factor in their respective PGs - how DJ has no pg instincts at all . Towns got it easy compared to Lamarcus so no surprise numbers would reflect that.

Another hot take. Up there with ill wait for the playoffs to scapegoat LA.
    how is LA better at scoring when Towns is statistically better? better PER, more rebounds, more blocks, more steals, better shooter, scores 20ppg on just 13 shots compared to LA's 17 shots...and that's WITH 2 other scorers... when he had just wiggins last season, he was scoring 25ppg...and that was with wiggins taking more shots than him...last year with kawhi, LA scored 17 a game while pouting about it...AND KAT wont be 23 until the end of the year...KAT has way more impact on the game, and let's not overstate the defense...LA is flat footed and less versatile on D than KAT...plus plays like trash vs the good teams...this is KAT's 3rd year in the league...this is the first good team he has ever had, and he has never had a good coach...he isnt to blame for the fact that this may be his first time making the playoffs...

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how is LA better at scoring when Towns is statistically better? better PER, more rebounds, more blocks, more steals, better shooter, scores 20ppg on just 13 shots compared to LA's 17 shots...and that's WITH 2 other scorers... when he had just wiggins last season, he was scoring 25ppg...and that was with wiggins taking more shots than him...last year with kawhi, LA scored 17 a game while pouting about it...AND KAT wont be 23 until the end of the year...KAT has way more impact on the game, and let's not overstate the defense...LA is flat footed and less versatile on D than KAT...plus plays like trash vs the good teams...this is KAT's 3rd year in the league...this is the first good team he has ever had, and he has never had a good coach...he isnt to blame for the fact that this may be his first time making the playoffs...
    Empty stats that dont take into account orther aspects of the game or translate into wins . Who is is still winning more with less to play with. It aint Towns. Which coach has mentioned i tried to change him instead of letting him be himself since we both believe coaching is a factor. PER wont tell you that story.

Thread Information