Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And if the government decided on another alcohol ban, I certainly won't be opposed. I like to drink as much as the next guy, but if it's for the greater good, and will prove to save lives, then fine. My rights don't trump the safety & well being of millions. My life doesn't revolve around a bottle the way yours revolves around muh guns .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we know the mechanism already

Trump ... but but Hilary
    Gun ... but but Alcohol

on a side note, OP is a massive got but we all already knew that

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Self driving cars will do wonders regarding drunk driving deaths.
    Gasahol, dumbass!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Self driving cars will do wonders regarding drunk driving deaths.
    Uber self-driving car kills pedestrian in first fatal autonomous crash

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/19/tech...ash/index.html

Philo

"But it's not a drunk driving death" -/Lawyer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. After all i made the claim that once we have first generation self driving cars we will never have a vehicular fatality ever again. Totally set myself up for that one

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if the government decided on another alcohol ban, I certainly won't be opposed. I like to drink as much as the next guy, but if it's for the greater good, and will prove to save lives, then fine. My rights don't trump the safety & well being of millions. My life doesn't revolve around a bottle the way yours revolves around muh guns .
    The idiocy of this comment is beyond comprehension tbh. Perhaps you should take a little time to think of all the policy you can push with this as your standard.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we know the mechanism already

Trump ... but but Hilary
    Gun ... but but Alcohol

on a side note, OP is a massive got but we all already knew that
    "I hate perspective."

That's fundamentally what you are complaining about.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. After all i made the claim that once we have first generation self driving cars we will never have a vehicular fatality ever again. Totally set myself up for that one
    Love when gun nuts find a single example of something and it supposedly destroys your entire argument.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The idiocy of this comment is beyond comprehension tbh. Perhaps you should take a little time to think of all the policy you can push with this as your standard.
    Is this not the standard for a great deal of existing policy?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alcohol as a variety of industrial uses, and is a way of concentrating and storing chemical energy.

The primary purpose of the product is not to harm others, and the harm is generally limited to self, which limits the moral argument substantially. Consumption of alcohol in moderate amounts has actually proven to have positive health impacts.

Preventing drunk driving is important. I am all for cars with sensors that disable themselves if the owner has been drinking.

If you argument is based on morals, define what standard you are using, as specifically as possible.
    The primary purpose of guns is for protection, hunting, and fun. It's not to hurt people. That's you misguided narrative.

Innocent people die because of drunk drivers on a regular basis. 1/3rd of all traffic related deaths are caused by alcohol. I'm not sure the break down is for the driver vs other people. A far cry from the numbers seen in mass murders though. So no it doesn't change the moral argument at all.

Guns also have health benefits.

Hobbies have physical health benefits. Research has found that engaging in enjoyable activities during down time were associated with lower blood pressure, total cortisol, waist cir ference, and body mass index. ... Hobbies are good for your mind and your body.

The standard that seems to be used by people that want to ban guns which is "save lives".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The primary purpose of guns is for protection, hunting, and fun. It's not to hurt people. That's you misguided narrative.
    The ....?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    His primary reason for having a gun is killing people in the US armed forces guerrilla-style after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His primary reason for having a gun is killing people in the US armed forces guerrilla-style after all.
    For fun!

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this not the standard for a great deal of existing policy?
    It's a factor. But no not really. We could ban alcohol to save many lives for example. We settle for some surrounding laws that will save some lives. Meanwhile he's willing to get rid of everything in the name of "saving lives".

He states he's willing to get rid of "X" if it "saves lives". Displaying his standard. He goes further by stating "My rights don't trump the safety and well being of millions". Which goes further about the idiocy of the statement. Then goes all the way to the shaming if you don't live by that standard with "My life doesn't revolve around a bottle the way yours revolves around muh guns ".

"The government wants every citizen to wear a body cam. It will save lives. Come on guys we have to do it.
    muh privacy"

You can try to defend his idiocy if you want. But it's layered quite thick with each sentence that goes to the root of that perspective from a different angle.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's a factor. But no not really.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That falls in the category of protection.

I've already stated even if you take everything about the government out the conversation I still wouldn't agree with you. Although that is the primary reason for guns. What's the primary reason for alcohol? Better be something important to justify the thousands of innocent lives it takes every year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That falls in the category of protection.

I've already stated even if you take everything about the government out the conversation I still wouldn't agree with you. Although that is the primary reason for guns. What's the primary reason for alcohol? Better be something important to justify the thousands of innocent lives it takes every year.
    Yeah, you keep trying this but it isn't working.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try to dig a little deeper into someone's comment instead of taking clips and trying to shape a narrative on it. You are taking 7 words and laughing hysterically because you disagree with me. I quote some dude with 4 sentences stating his idiotic standard and how hard he believes it but you defend it because he's on your side. Very childish.

The dude clearly stated he's willing to get rid of "x" if it meets the standard of "saving lives". And you effectively defended that by blindly overlooking how fundamentally idiotic that is and asking a question to distract. The fact is that is a factor but it's not the end all be all that he and apparently you want it to be.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you keep trying this but it isn't working.
    Trying what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try to dig a little deeper into someone's comment instead of taking clips and trying to shape a narrative on it.
    but I posted a wall of text. Respect the wall

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Red lights and stop signs contribute to the greater good - SO EM! MAD MAX IN THIS MOTHER ER!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Try to dig a little deeper into someone's comment instead of taking clips and trying to shape a narrative on it.
    No need when you completely contradict yourself right off the bat.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red lights and stop signs contribute to the greater good - SO EM! MAD MAX IN THIS MOTHER ER!
    I stated it was a factor. He wants it to be everything and is willing to give up anything in the name of it. You idiotically defend that perspective.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need when you completely contradict yourself right off the bat.
    Incorrect. There was more too it which I went on to explain.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but I posted a wall of text. Respect the wall
    Hardly a wall of text.

Thread Information