Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ban alcohol.

It's not a cons utional right.
    It's not useful in anyway besides for recreational purposes.
    It's the cause of countless deaths every year.

Enough is Enough. Are we just going to stay silent while thousands die from drunk driving every year? The news is trying to work up the nation over 17 lives and the nation is silent over these thousands of lives being lost. Are we as a people so at the whims of manipulation that 17 lives will garner our outrage at such drastic levels and we'd be completely silent about thousands that die every year because of alcohol?

I mean alcohol only matches guns in terms of the recreational aspect. Alcohol isn't useful for self defense. Alcohol isn't going help battle a tyrannical government. Alcohol is basically useless for us as a people but it causes so many deaths. It's time for us to say "Enough is Enough".

I'm just shocked that all these other countries haven't banned it in an effort to save lives. They banned guns under the premise that it would save lives. Why have they not done the same for alcohol? It's basically a moral obligation. We must not stand by any longer. It's a moral duty.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Does this mean you won't be whining about this in the gun control thread anymore?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry I'll continue comment in the gun control thread.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't worry I'll continue comment in the gun control thread.
    Then why start this whining thread?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/18...-employee.html

Basically 1/8th of the damage done at that school and basically 0% of the outrage followed. 2 lives lost and nobody bats an eye.

We can't stand by and let this happen. Write your representatives. Kids organize your school walkouts.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/18...-employee.html

Basically 1/8th of the damage done at that school and basically 0% of the outrage followed. 2 lives lost and nobody bats an eye.

We can't stand by and let this happen. Write your representatives. Kids organize your school walkouts.
    Show me the letter you sent to your representatives so we have an idea what to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ban alcohol.

It's not a cons utional right.
    It's not useful in anyway besides for recreational purposes.
    It's the cause of countless deaths every year.

Enough is Enough. Are we just going to stay silent while thousands die from drunk driving every year? The news is trying to work up the nation over 17 lives and the nation is silent over these thousands of lives being lost. Are we as a people so at the whims of manipulation that 17 lives will garner our outrage at such drastic levels and we'd be completely silent about thousands that die every year because of alcohol?

I mean alcohol only matches guns in terms of the recreational aspect. Alcohol isn't useful for self defense. Alcohol isn't going help battle a tyrannical government. Alcohol is basically useless for us as a people but it causes so many deaths. It's time for us to say "Enough is Enough".

I'm just shocked that all these other countries haven't banned it in an effort to save lives. They banned guns under the premise that it would save lives. Why have they not done the same for alcohol? It's basically a moral obligation. We must not stand by any longer. It's a moral duty.
    I'll drink to that.

But prohibition has been tried and it failed. It gave rise to crime syndicates that are still in operation today, and the Kennedy's would be nowhere without it.

The same would be true for a gun ban. Only the law abiding would be affected. You could still get faced quite easily during prohibition, just like you can find pot and coke now fairly easily.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show me the letter you sent to your representatives so we have an idea what to say.
    Originality is best tbh. If you speak from the heart the impact will be much more significant.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Originality is best tbh. If you speak from the heart the impact will be much more significant.
    Just take a quick picture of it. You did send your representatives letters about this, didn't you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chumplov making it about the poster again. Pav homimem.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Chumplov making it about the poster again. Pav homimem.
    OP made a call to action.

I wanted to make sure he did what he called for himself.

Also, lol DMC complaining about making it about the poster.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here I thought Pavlov would be the first on board. It's in the name of saving lives after all. We need to push the policy to prohibit alcohol. At the moment when I look at the reaction to guns vs alcohol it just feels like the media is manipulating the nation and distracting us from a target that we can all agree is bad for the country. The negative of alcohol simply outweighs the positive. We as a society have recognize our moral obligation to save innocent lives.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Here I thought Pavlov would be the first on board. It's in the name of saving lives after all. We need to push the policy to prohibit alcohol. At the moment when I look at the reaction to guns vs alcohol it just feels like the media is manipulating the nation and distracting us from a target that we can all agree is bad for the country. The negative of alcohol simply outweighs the positive. We as a society have recognize our moral obligation to save innocent lives.
    You did send your representatives letters about this, didn't you?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pushing policy to prohibit alcohol will be easy compared to guns. This is a sure path to a quick way to save thousands of lives per year. Don't let the media distract you from this attainable goal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a ing got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP made a call to action.

I wanted to make sure he did what he called for himself.

Also, lol DMC complaining about making it about the poster.
    You made it about the OP. That's your M.O.

You're not even interested in the topic. For some reason you think that, although the last 5500 attempts at cornering someone on their own claims failed, this next one is sure to be a success.

Keep toiling away at it

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You did send your representatives letters about this, didn't you?
    Don't worry about the impact others are making on the movement my friend. Push as hard as you can. Every bit helps but currently you are derailing a thread that is aiming to save lives.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You made it about the OP. That's your M.O.

You're not even interested in the topic. For some reason you think that, although the last 5500 attempts at cornering someone on their own claims failed, this next one is sure to be a success.

Keep toiling away at it
    And you're making this about me.

You're not even interested in this topic.

Keep toiling away at it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a terrible thread

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What a terrible thread
    Well DMC is making it about me so it will hold his interest.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel free to post all the articles about the victims of alcohol in this thread.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Feel free to post all the articles about the victims of alcohol in this thread.
    You did send your representatives letters about this issue, didn't you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a terrible thread
    Lappy dog right on time!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll drink to that.

But prohibition has been tried and it failed. It gave rise to crime syndicates that are still in operation today, and the Kennedy's would be nowhere without it.

The same would be true for a gun ban. Only the law abiding would be affected. You could still get faced quite easily during prohibition, just like you can find pot and coke now fairly easily.
    And you're making this about me.

You're not even interested in this topic.

Keep toiling away at it
    I already responded to the OP, unlike you.

Walk me through how you would go about it

Be specific

Tell me more

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You did send your representatives letters about this issue, didn't you?
    I'm doing my part but you are derailing a movement that I know you support. Calm down. Rest at ease knowing I'm doing my part in this movement. Your derailing isn't going to help save lives. You don't want people to lose their lives because of continued access to alcohol do you?

Thread Information