My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just a friendly reminder:

Diagnosis: LeBronchitis

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

This points to Ty knowing LBJ is leaving the Land.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Just do it already. Make LeBron the coach. Give him the actual le. If you’re going to let him steer the ship this whole time, just make him the captain. At this point, what coach with any type of resume and ego want to basically be LeBron’s yes man?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just do it already. Make LeBron the coach. Give him the actual le. If you’re going to let him steer the ship this whole time, just make him the captain. At this point, what coach with any type of resume and ego want to basically be LeBron’s yes man?
    Fizdale is coming next if LeBron stays and drew doesnt both kiss the ring and win ...tbh
    Besides, coaching Lebron in the east is an easy way to up your win %

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Cavs literally wouldn't be allowed to do that even if they wanted to. The NBA banned player-coaches when the salary cap was ins uted, since they anticipated that teams would use the player-coach role to cir vent the salary cap.

And the whole "LeBron is uncoachable" narrative is really stupid. Remind me again what Paul Silas and Mike Brown have done without LeBron's "ego" supposedly dragging them down? I haven't seen teams with openings lining up to hire David Blatt, either. Spo is the only remotely decent coach LeBron has ever had. The rest have been made to look better than they really are by LeBron. You want to see uncoachable, just look at your boy Kobe.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Cavs literally wouldn't be allowed to do that even if they wanted to. The NBA banned player-coaches when the salary cap was ins uted, since they anticipated that teams would use the player-coach role to cir vent the salary cap.

And the whole "LeBron is uncoachable" narrative is really stupid. Remind me again what Paul Silas and Mike Brown have done without LeBron's "ego" supposedly dragging them down? I haven't seen teams with openings lining up to hire David Blatt, either. Spo is the only remotely decent coach LeBron has ever had. The rest have been made to look better than they really are by LeBron. You want to see uncoachable, just look at your boy Kobe.
    i dont think LeBron is uncoachable ...
    i do think coaching him is hard because LeBron is his,own offensive system.. dude is extremely smart coaches and players both past and present rave about his IQ ...tough to coach or even manage in the real world someone smarter than 90% of NBA coaches ... LeBron is a genius level bball savant.
    plus lots of pressure to win mes with a talent like LeBron ...not just regular season wins.

CN you dont have to be so sensitive ...lebron being difficult to coach doesnt make him Kobesque more like Brady Rodgers or Manning tbh He is a good problem to have...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Kobe 5, Lebron 3

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count

I didn’t know that was a rule under the CBA. Good info.

It’s not so much about LeBron being uncoachable. It’s just a pretty much impossible, no-win situation. Win it all is the only acceptable outcome, fair or not. Especially in LeBron’s now later years in his career, every season is a championship goal season. And any LeBron team will revolve around LeBron being pretty much everything offensively. No way could you put LeBron in a triangle. Hard to even imagine LeBron playing in a Golden State equal opportunity offense where he plays off the ball like 75% of the possessions, not a LeBron still playing at the level he is. LeBron wants the ball in his hands. He wants to dictate the action.

He’s not uncoachable. It’s just hard to coach him in any kind of system. He’s essentially a heavy iso and sometimes PNR player. The only highly regarded (and not highly regarded by everybody) coach whose system he’d fit in is D’Antoni. Maybe the Cavs should have tried to get him a few years ago.

You can can complain about the Mike Browns or David Blatts or Tyron Lues. The really good coaching candidates weren’t running to the Cavs HR department with their resumes. Not because LeBron isn’t great. Not because LeBron isn’t coachable. Not because LeBron isn’t a good guy. It’s just a really impossible situation for a head coach. You’re not really coaching. You’re just a spectator on offense, and you make the subs utions. You’re not drawing up plays. You’re not implementing your system. LeBron is the system on any LeBron team. And the expectation isn’t win it all or you failed.

And with Spoelstra, first he had Wade’s vote of approval so that helped. And he wasn’t established as a coach either when LeBron went there. And Spo caught plenty of heat those first few seasons as not having the coaching chops. And let’s be real, with those teams in th Eastern Conference at the time, Donald Duck, , Donald Trump could have led those teams to the Finals every year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    i dont think LeBron is uncoachable ...
    i do think coaching him is hard because LeBron is his,own offensive system.. dude is extremely smart coaches and players both past and present rave about his IQ ...tough to coach or even manage in the real world someone smarter than 90% of NBA coaches ... LeBron is a genius level bball savant.
    plus lots of pressure to win mes with a talent like LeBron ...not just regular season wins.

CN you dont have to be so sensitive ...lebron being difficult to coach doesnt make him Kobesque more like Brady Rodgers or Manning tbh He is a good problem to have...
    Not sensitive in the slightest. Just stating facts, tbh. LeBron isn't uncoachable, he's just barely been coached.

I don't really see the Peyton comparison, tbh. LeGOAT has had to do it all himself by necessity. Peyton was a control freak who insisted that everything always be done his way even when he had ridiculously stacked teams and Tony Dungy as his coach.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I didn’t know that was a rule under the CBA. Good info.

It’s not so much about LeBron being uncoachable. It’s just a pretty much impossible, no-win situation. Win it all is the only acceptable outcome, fair or not. Especially in LeBron’s now later years in his career, every season is a championship goal season. And any LeBron team will revolve around LeBron being pretty much everything offensively. No way could you put LeBron in a triangle. Hard to even imagine LeBron playing in a Golden State equal opportunity offense where he plays off the ball like 75% of the possessions, not a LeBron still playing at the level he is. LeBron wants the ball in his hands. He wants to dictate the action.

He’s not uncoachable. It’s just hard to coach him in any kind of system. He’s essentially a heavy iso and sometimes PNR player. The only highly regarded (and not highly regarded by everybody) coach whose system he’d fit in is D’Antoni. Maybe the Cavs should have tried to get him a few years ago.

You can can complain about the Mike Browns or David Blatts or Tyron Lues. The really good coaching candidates weren’t running to the Cavs HR department with their resumes. Not because LeBron isn’t great. Not because LeBron isn’t coachable. Not because LeBron isn’t a good guy. It’s just a really impossible situation for a head coach. You’re not really coaching. You’re just a spectator on offense, and you make the subs utions. You’re not drawing up plays. You’re not implementing your system. LeBron is the system on any LeBron team. And the expectation isn’t win it all or you failed.

And with Spoelstra, first he had Wade’s vote of approval so that helped. And he wasn’t established as a coach either when LeBron went there. And Spo caught plenty of heat those first few seasons as not having the coaching chops. And let’s be real, with those teams in th Eastern Conference at the time, Donald Duck, , Donald Trump could have led those teams to the Finals every year.
    I would argue that Gilbert is the reason why coaches don't want to go to Cleveland, not LeBron. Just look at how Gilbert treats his GMs. The Cavs have been a dysfunctional mess the entire time he's owned them.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Just do it already. Make LeBron the coach.
    LOL, when he checks himself out he can towel down the sweat and stand on the sidelines coaching. They would have won that 2016 NBA le even with Blatt as head coach. LeBron just went into temp GOAT mode after being down 0-3 to Warriors plus Warriors choked bigtime. Lue is an ok coach but even if Blatt was there they still would have won the whole thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I would argue that Gilbert is the reason why coaches don't want to go to Cleveland, not LeBron. Just look at how Gilbert treats his GMs. The Cavs have been a dysfunctional mess the entire time he's owned them.
    All coaches were paid handsomely by Gilbert (B. Scott, Blatt, Mike Brown and now Lue) I don’t think he’s the reason at all. It’s time to accept the fact that Lebron interferes in a lot of the organizations affairs. It doesn’t make him less of a player but the reality is he wants absolute control of all facets of most team he’s involved with. It didn’t fly in Miami with Arison and Pat Riley and that’s the reason why he went back to Cleveland.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One who is a middle of the wrung coach or less and doesn't mind padding his coaching stats and possibly getting a ring to go with it. That's all Lue was when he signed on (and in the less category at that). Though, you can cross the non-blacks off the list; cos LeBron is triggered by having whitey as a coach, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Is Lebron out?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LeCoach finally official tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a friendly reminder:

Diagnosis: LeBronchitis
    Pop is definitely not dying to coach him. As much praise as he gives Lebron, he will never take that from a player. Heck he barely was able to keep Aldridge...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is definitely not dying to coach him. As much praise as he gives Lebron, he will never take that from a player. Heck he barely was able to keep Aldridge...
    I see it as sad that no player (specifically Duncan and Kawhi) have called Popped out on his bull lineups.
    Matt Bonner starting in the playoffs.
    Duncan should have gone off on Popped.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LeStress:

Thread Information