Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, the easiest and only thing kl had to do was keep everyone informed so they couldnt speculate. Now, for the first time since rodman, spurs have an annoyance
    Stephen Jackson was also annoying. That's part of the reason the Spurs didn't re-sign him after '03.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Jackson was also annoying. That's part of the reason the Spurs didn't re-sign him after '03.
    Youre right, but he wanted to win.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, the easiest and only thing kl had to do was keep everyone informed so they couldnt speculate. Now, for the first time since rodman, spurs have an annoyance
    What makes you think they weren’t informed? It’s the medical team job to do all of that and test..We don’t know all the details but from what I’m gathering it’s been bothering him for awhile. Probably didn’t want to risk missing significant time during the run mid season.. attacked it during the offseason and Tactics didn’t work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Issues with quad started back in 16’?

Maybe that’s why Kawhi is so pissed...he’s been dealing with this for years and it’s been treated poorly by staff?!
    Tim had a bad knee for like 7 years.. This is pro sports. Pain and injuries are part of the deal. And his injury has been so poorly handled that no doctor from SA to NY has told him to have surgery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why does he want out? Is he not happy with Pop or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why does he want out? Is he not happy with Pop or something?
    He is not doing this because he wants out. Nobody just refuses to play. He is soft. He could be playing on the Moon and he would be whining about his quad..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not doing this because he wants out. Nobody just refuses to play. He is soft. He could be playing on the Moon and he would be whining about his quad..
    Trade his ass

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would he come back and possibly worsen a serious injury just to lose in the 2nd round? we should be tanking

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would he come back and possibly worsen a serious injury just to lose in the 2nd round? we should be tanking
    Serious injury? dead..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if i was a 26 year old man, I want to go to LA.

Imagine the things you can eat in LA....Blonde s, Latina burnettes, Big booty black girls... if i can sustain that lifestyle and get proper media recognition.

Why would I stay in San Antonio? Fat mexican and white trash arent exactly appealing.
    says the 26 year old living in butt Canada

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quad was a serious issue in the offseason..even tho Kawhi has been really odd..for him to feel this way must mean something has led to this with the staff..

The staff easily could’ve made mistakes.. happens..Boston fired their whole staff due to Isiah Thomas hip injury
    They fired their whole medical staff you mean?

All those people that are saying that he wants out. Why? What are the reasons you guys think he wants out for? Start listing what you think the reasons are he wants out instead of just saying he wants out. I'm curious to see what people think are the reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So basically he is just milking it. He didn't seem like the type. But this has been the longest injury I can remember. Heck Hayward's foot was almost on the floor in front of him, and the way it looks he may be back before Leonard.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    They fired their whole medical staff you mean?

All those people that are saying that he wants out. Why? What are the reasons you guys think he wants out for? Start listing what you think the reasons are he wants out instead of just saying he wants out. I'm curious to see what people think are the reasons.
    1. He wants to be a Clipper.

2. He wants to unfurl a championship banner in the new Inglewood arena.

3. Jerry West wants him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. He wants to be a Clipper.

2. He wants to unfurl a championship banner in the new Inglewood arena.

3. Jerry West wants him.

And other musings from a championship-starved Clipper fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think this is helping him economically, his value is decreasing not the opposite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious injury? dead..
    Kawhi has been plagued with unorthodox injuries his whole career, tbh

He also doesn't have a track record of being a diva either. If six months from now we get the whole story and kawhi was really just sitting out because of whatever the hypothesized reason is, then fine. It's all wild speculation at this point though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim had a bad knee for like 7 years.. This is pro sports. Pain and injuries are part of the deal. And his injury has been so poorly handled that no doctor from SA to NY has told him to have surgery.
    Tim also played an entire year with plantar fasciitis, a condition that makes it painful to even walk. Pretty sure he still averaged 20/10 and led the Spurs to round 2 or 3 of the playoffs too (I think that was 06 when Manu fouled Dirk). And David Robinson played an entire year with a bad back in 02 or something, having to guard Shaq in the playoffs.

Parker played the finals and playoffs in 2013 with a bad leg, and Mills played the entire 2014 playoffs with a torn shoulder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim also played an entire year with plantar fasciitis, a condition that makes it painful to even walk. Pretty sure he still averaged 20/10 and led the Spurs to round 2 or 3 of the playoffs too (I think that was 06 when Manu fouled Dirk). And David Robinson played an entire year with a bad back in 02 or something, having to guard Shaq in the playoffs.

Parker played the finals and playoffs in 2013 with a bad leg, and Mills played the entire 2014 playoffs with a torn shoulder
    Kawhi played through injuries also... Just like those guys missed playoff games with injuries

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi pussy for Irving, just do it RC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Here is an idea if Leonard does not want to play because he does not feel comfortable or afraid of reinjuring his quad. Put him on minutes restriction and bring him off the bench, if he doesn't feel comfortable on the court get him out. Win/win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is an idea if Leonard does not want to play because he does not feel comfortable or afraid of reinjuring his quad. Put him on minutes restriction and bring him off the bench, if he doesn't feel comfortable on the court get him out. Win/win.
    gre

agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Charlotte offer Kemba Walker at the trade deadline? Dude just put up 46 points. Would have been nice to have a young explosive point guard on the roster. Should have pulled the trigger on that one. Everything is clearer in hindsight though. Would have loved Kemba in the team and unlike the big 3 I'm just not as attached to Kawhi. Hard to get attached to a robot I suppose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Charlotte offer Kemba Walker at the trade deadline? Dude just put up 46 points. Would have been nice to have a young explosive point guard on the roster. Should have pulled the trigger on that one. Everything is clearer in hindsight though. Would have loved Kemba in the team and unlike the big 3 I'm just not as attached to Kawhi. Hard to get attached to a robot I suppose.
    R2D2 more lovable than Kawhi?

Thread Information