Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Charlotte offer Kemba Walker at the trade deadline? Dude just put up 46 points. Would have been nice to have a young explosive point guard on the roster. Should have pulled the trigger on that one. Everything is clearer in hindsight though. Would have loved Kemba in the team and unlike the big 3 I'm just not as attached to Kawhi. Hard to get attached to a robot I suppose.
    They were packaging him with Bantum. They will give it another shot in the off season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This troll-tread.

OP has said Kawhi will retire at 26...Better find other sport to watch when Kawhi plays next season.

I wonder what will happen with these few guys hating on him if he stays in SA and plays great...

Would they make a new thread saying how wrong they were about Kawhi ..again??? I'll laugh so hard...Poor guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point he is coming across like baron davis during his last season with new orleans.

I remember going to see the spurs play the hornets and baron had been out all year due to injury. But before the game and at halftime hes out there shooting and practicing moves and there didnt serm to be anything wrong with him at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are Kawhi's reasons for not playing? If he is still hurting then why not just say that. If he wants the medical staff fired, that might be a little issue since they have probably no doubt been there forever and probably have close relationships with Manu and Tony, but if the choice comes down to ticking off a couple of original gangsters or your elite young MVP candidate, Tony and Manu probably have to take that one on the chin. The only real scary issue is Pop. Has Pop wearied of the modern player bs? The same thing reared its head in Miami, where even though LBJ was the best player on the planet his conflicts with Pat Riley were well known. Some have speculated that Pop has directly via his pressers and indirectly by unleashing Tony and Manu has tried to end this to no avail. A Pop vs Kawhi issue is the one thing that I can see ending the relationship with the KingSlayer unless he does just secretly want to go to a big market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim also played an entire year with plantar fasciitis, a condition that makes it painful to even walk. Pretty sure he still averaged 20/10 and led the Spurs to round 2 or 3 of the playoffs too (I think that was 06 when Manu fouled Dirk). And David Robinson played an entire year with a bad back in 02 or something, having to guard Shaq in the playoffs.

Parker played the finals and playoffs in 2013 with a bad leg, and Mills played the entire 2014 playoffs with a torn shoulder
    Not to mention Manu playing with a broken elbow.

I have plantar fasciitis and it's like nails in your heels! It hurts like a mother and Timmy playing on them for a year, damn Kawhi is soft! So disappointed in him! I just wish he would make a statement and say he's out for the season and let the team know, this silence crap is getting old!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This issue is so bizarre that I can’t even begin to know what’s in Kawhi’s head. All we know is he’s not communicating it to the fans or the Spurs. He’s not really in pain since he was asked that question directly in his last on camera interview and only gave a more confusing response that it’s something different. I’m surprised the media is not on his case more about it given he’s one of the best players in the league. Can you imagine if LeBron or Curry behaving in this way and the media giving them a pass on answering what the is wrong with them. Kawhi’s reputation is definitely taking a hit and his lack of respect for the fans and league is upsetting. I guess we just sit and wait but I’ve already given up hope that he returns this season. Maybe he will be ready next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention Manu playing with a broken elbow.

I have plantar fasciitis and it's like nails in your heels! It hurts like a mother and Timmy playing on them for a year, damn Kawhi is soft! So disappointed in him! I just wish he would make a statement and say he's out for the season and let the team know, this silence crap is getting old!
    That's the other issue I have with the way HE (Kawhi, not the Spurs) handled this whole thing. You or I can't not go to work for an entire year and just remain "day to day" and keep sending sick leave notices ever day all year. At some point you have to just say "guys, I'm taking a leave of absence for a few months" or whatever. If he just said "guys I'm afraid of getting Grant Hill'd here...this injury feels really bad and I can't play, I'm going to have to sit out the year", that would be cleaner than this day to day for the entire season crap.

Also, will the Spurs sue him after he leaves to get their insurance money back? Serious question, as if they paid his game checks with insurance money, the premiums are probably substantial, maybe totaling over $10M, considering his pay this season is $19M. And if they are just paying his salary, wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is an idea if Leonard does not want to play because he does not feel comfortable or afraid of reinjuring his quad. Put him on minutes restriction and bring him off the bench, if he doesn't feel comfortable on the court get him out. Win/win.
    Kiwi has his own medical team and they haven't cleared him. There is nothing you can do about that. So long as he complains of pain, he won't be cleared either... so at this rate, he's simply not going to play this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They fired their whole medical staff you mean?

All those people that are saying that he wants out. Why? What are the reasons you guys think he wants out for? Start listing what you think the reasons are he wants out instead of just saying he wants out. I'm curious to see what people think are the reasons.
    I don't know if Kiwi wants out or not, nor have I been pushing that agenda, but I think at least one of the reasons fans think that he wants to leave is that they question his commitment to the team. There is a group that thinks he could be playing if he pushed through his pain but he doesn't want to. But beyond that, it's the fact he has distanced himself from everybody. Teammates don't see him, he barely spends time with them, he's missed a lot of their games, and hasn't really kept himself involved with the team. In fact teammates had to basically stage "an intervention" just to talk to him and see what is up and whether he will indeed come back or not. That shouldn't be necessary if you are the team's leader.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim also played an entire year with plantar fasciitis, a condition that makes it painful to even walk. Pretty sure he still averaged 20/10 and led the Spurs to round 2 or 3 of the playoffs too (I think that was 06 when Manu fouled Dirk). And David Robinson played an entire year with a bad back in 02 or something, having to guard Shaq in the playoffs.

Parker played the finals and playoffs in 2013 with a bad leg, and Mills played the entire 2014 playoffs with a torn shoulder
    Millennials

/ thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if Kiwi wants out or not, nor have I been pushing that agenda, but I think at least one of the reasons fans think that he wants to leave is that they question his commitment to the team. There is a group that thinks he could be playing if he pushed through his pain but he doesn't want to. But beyond that, it's the fact he has distanced himself from everybody. Teammates don't see him, he barely spends time with them, he's missed a lot of their games, and hasn't really kept himself involved with the team. In fact teammates had to basically stage "an intervention" just to talk to him and see what is up and whether he will indeed come back or not. That shouldn't be necessary if you are the team's leader.
    In retrospect, it seems obvious that the team leadership thing was totally manufactured, and Kawhi really wanted none of it. I'd say that the "LMA has shown great leadership" line seems just as rehearsed. Does anybody in his heart-of-hearts believe that LMA is a great leader? Nothing I have ever seen or heard makes me believe that. Fool me twice...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the other issue I have with the way HE (Kawhi, not the Spurs) handled this whole thing. You or I can't not go to work for an entire year and just remain "day to day" and keep sending sick leave notices ever day all year. At some point you have to just say "guys, I'm taking a leave of absence for a few months" or whatever. If he just said "guys I'm afraid of getting Grant Hill'd here...this injury feels really bad and I can't play, I'm going to have to sit out the year", that would be cleaner than this day to day for the entire season crap.

Also, will the Spurs sue him after he leaves to get their insurance money back? Serious question, as if they paid his game checks with insurance money, the premiums are probably substantial, maybe totaling over $10M, considering his pay this season is $19M. And if they are just paying his salary, wow.
    It's a big problem that he has been "day to day" the entire year. I frankly wonder about the mystery of his condition. Are a few summer months going to help it? He has basically missed an entire season. He says he's better but apparently not good enough to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This issue is so bizarre that I can’t even begin to know what’s in Kawhi’s head. All we know is he’s not communicating it to the fans or the Spurs. He’s not really in pain since he was asked that question directly in his last on camera interview and only gave a more confusing response that it’s something different. I’m surprised the media is not on his case more about it given he’s one of the best players in the league. Can you imagine if LeBron or Curry behaving in this way and the media giving them a pass on answering what the is wrong with them. Kawhi’s reputation is definitely taking a hit and his lack of respect for the fans and league is upsetting. I guess we just sit and wait but I’ve already given up hope that he returns this season. Maybe he will be ready next season.
    Yep. It has been a media conspiracy all season. Are they ignoring the Spurs because that's what they do or because they are trying to promote Kawhi's departure?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have seen that gif before, but never realized until just now his scratching and biting of the tongue are perfectly timed together.
    You're right. So weird.

Maybe he's like Rainman.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Not wrong at all. I called it.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    If he does this to improve his trade odds and super max, he's going to taint his reputation like Lamar Odom did to his in Dallas. You cannot screw your team over and be heralded as a star unless your name is Kobe.

On the other hand, if he's just playing it close to the vest, he could be back next season ready to go. Hard to say. Dude doesn't seem to give a what everyone else thinks.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still can't believe the Spurs traded George Hill for Davis Bertans.
    And got a championship out of it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The poor bas cannot even wipe his own ass, much less have someone be wrong about him

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he does this to improve his trade odds and super max, he's going to taint his reputation like Lamar Odom did to his in Dallas. You cannot screw your team over and be heralded as a star unless your name is Kobe.

On the other hand, if he's just playing it close to the vest, he could be back next season ready to go. Hard to say. Dude doesn't seem to give a what everyone else thinks.
    Hes not a star. Never won a thing. Less valuable than bowen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he even on the bench?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi for Mitc and gobert?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not even at the game. Pathetic. I've turned. The writing appears to be in his complete disinterest.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi for Mitc and gobert?
    Yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not even at the game. Pathetic. I've turned.
    It’s disgusting. I’m not sure I’ll ever watch another Spurs game if he’s ever in uniform again tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just goes to show how not needed and overrated "star" players are

Thread Information