Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it a coincidence that Kawhi hasn’t attended a home game since the meeting?
    God he wasn't there again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just got back from the game and Kawhi missed a uva show.

The amount of contempt that he shows this organization and its fans is palpable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God he wasn't there again?
    No. And he wasn’t at the Jazz game. Radio silent for a guy that people think could be back any game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just got back from the game and Kawhi missed a uva show.

The amount of contempt that he shows this organization and its fans is palpable.
    this guy if he isn't even going to Spurs home games any more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man even if the meeting pissed you off, how big of a puss must you be to scare you away? Does he have any friends on the team he wants to support . How could you trust a teammate that thin skinned, so univested in the fate of the team, so unwilling to push through an injury?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His teammates hurt his feelings with that team meeting. Don't forget Kenwi is a millennial a.k.a. snowflake. He's likely cowering in a safe space during games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how his teammates can respect him and his actions.

Sure they can respect his injury and his health, but his actions regarding him being so disinterested has to weigh on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is costing himself a lot of money then since the Spurs can't offer him supermax in summer 2019 unless he wins MVP or something next season.
    He made $19 million this season to appear in less than 10 games and in spite of the fact that he was cleared to play numerous times by team doctors, refused to play. As far as I’m concerned he owes the Spurs a $19 million refund.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how his teammates can respect him and his actions.

Sure they can respect his injury and his health, but his actions regarding him being so disinterested has to weigh on the team.
    They don’t and they can’t. Tim Duncan was quiet especially early on in his career, but he was always all about the team. He would do anything for the team. Sacrifice parts of his own game, play with numerous injuries, step up in the locker room, whatever needed to be done he was going to do it. Leonard. He seems to be all about himself honestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. And he wasn’t at the Jazz game. Radio silent for a guy that people think could be back any game.
    Maybe the Spurs can pull something like Leonard for Cleveland's Brooklyn pick, Nance, Korver, and Clarkson if they're lucky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is possible that the team invited him to stay away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy if he isn't even going to Spurs home games any more.
    Where have you been? ..

It is like he doesn't even pretend anything to the contrary: "I'm done with this organization."

Obviously PATFO got all the facts and have a better pulse on the situation that is not reflected in their canned media answers, but i have a sneaky feeling he will get traded this summer..

A combination of factors (health prospects and at ude) could seal his fate..

IF he is worried about the Supermax, how the doesn't he think the Spurs would give it to him on good faith? Just keep your word like a man and suit up even if it is for just another token 10 games.. Weren't we told he looked good in practice?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where have you been? ..
    All this crap has cast a black cloud over this season and I can't enjoy watching this team at all because of it, so I don't watch most Spurs games. Even the 20 win seasons were much more fun to watch than this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man even if the meeting pissed you off, how big of a puss must you be to scare you away? Does he have any friends on the team he wants to support . How could you trust a teammate that thin skinned, so univested in the fate of the team, so unwilling to push through an injury?
    To me, this is why I've shifted into the camp that he's gone. Forget the injury, why isn't he at least on the bench cheering on his team in the heat of a playoff run? The team that drafted him and helped make him into a top 5 player in the league. It just seems selfish, from the outside.

Now I'm perfectly willing to concede that perhaps there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for his absences...an illness, a family problem, training in NY with his outside doctors, getting treatment. But it's just noteworthy that he went Kawhi is Missing after the team meeting became public. Now throw in he's been distant and uncommunicative and you can at minimum draw some depressing guesses as to where he's at mentally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA BOUND

Thank Uncle Dennis. Been telling you guys for months..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, this is why I've shifted into the camp that he's gone. Forget the injury, why isn't he at least on the bench cheering on his team in the heat of a playoff run? The team that drafted him and helped make him into a top 5 player in the league. It just seems selfish, from the outside.

Now I'm perfectly willing to concede that perhaps there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for his absences...an illness, a family problem, training in NY with his outside doctors, getting treatment. But it's just noteworthy that he went Kawhi is Missing after the team meeting became public. Now throw in he's been distant and uncommunicative and you can at minimum draw some depressing guesses as to where he's at mentally.
    I have heard from Stephen A and some of these other talking heads say that when his uncle became his agent this summers that's when tensions between him and spurs started. I'm reading in between the lines and assuming his uncle mind ed him which shows he's a weak person mentally and that his uncle wants him out of SA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just really hate the fact that if this guy were to come back and dominate for us, most of you will just cheer him on and act like y’all never said anything bad. I guarantee it. That’s ridiculous but I guess that’s just how the people in this world work.
    this is a Spurs forum, not a Kawhi forum..

Most of us cheer for the Spurs and the success of the team, rather than an individual player(obviously there are player fans here, but most are fans of the team itself)..we don't know the players personally and they don't give a about us either..

Being a sports fan is being selfish, sports fans want their feel-good..read a game thread, posters are wishing death on s if they miss 3 shots in a row, but praising them if they make one in clutch time, that's sports fandom..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all about money now. Insurance, medical teams (which one is right or not), etc. I'm sure the Spurs are doing their due diligence to sue Kawhi's camp if push comes to shove and if the smell of rotten fish proves true. A lot of cashola at stake. Besides, why would a medical team (Spurs) clear a player if he is not fit? Does not make sense.
    Who would you trust more, Spurs medical or Kawhi's? C'mon man!
    Anyhow, anybody who thinks Kawhi will be an easy fit with his teammates anywhere else is totally deluded. Kawhi got away with his zombie like personality because he had an organisation with mature and ego free players to support him and a full plan behind him. In ANY other team, things would blow up in a flash with the diva style playing profiles in the league. Kawhi cannot lead yet he takes the s om in full rights on the court. A big dilemma.
    And he had an organization behind him that obviously has run interference for him with the press. I doubt many teams will permit their star to hermetically seal himself in his own isolation bubble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA BOUND

Thank Uncle Dennis. Been telling you guys for months..
    He will get traded to some basketball backwater (Magic,Hawks ,Suns) before he gets that wish assuming SA are adequately compensated.

Even this franchise would throw their class act out of the window if they realize they have been subject to the biggest bush league move done by a star player against his team in league history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just really hate the fact that if this guy were to come back and dominate for us, most of you will just cheer him on and act like y’all never said anything bad. I guarantee it. That’s ridiculous but I guess that’s just how the people in this world work.
    Of course I would. It would mean I was wrong and I'd rather be wrong than see the Spurs lose a player they probably won't be lucky enough to replace through the draft for 10-20 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is the Spurs are already gauging interest in him and will know where they stand by the draft. There's an outside chance that Kawhi is dealt as soon as SA and their partner are eliminated from the playoffs. But it would make more sense to wait until the draft to get the best and clearest offer. If Charlotte keeps losing, perhaps they can workout a deal for Kemba and their first. Something like that is the only deal I could see happening in April or May.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is the Spurs are already gauging interest in him and will know where they stand by the draft. There's an outside chance that Kawhi is dealt as soon as SA and their partner are eliminated from the playoffs. But it would make more sense to wait until the draft to get the best and clearest offer. If Charlotte keeps losing, perhaps they can workout a deal for Kemba and their first. Something like that is the only deal I could see happening in April or May.
    I want a Philly style rebuild if Kawhi is gone. Dump Leonard and Aldridge for picks and tank for three years, hoping RC can pick the right guys. If they trade for Walker dump him for a pick too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want a Philly style rebuild if Kawhi is gone. Dump Leonard and Aldridge for picks and tank for three years, hoping RC can pick the right guys. If they trade for Walker dump him for a pick too.
    No. Not with Pop and RC still at the helm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't even consider it. A lot of folks are having a hard time rooting for the team when they are still solidly in the playoffs. I honestly think most folks wanting them to tank legit don't appreciate what that would entail. I'd much prefer them being a cleaner version of this year's team and taking shots between 15 and 22 to find another impact player. I find it absurd to write off the team's ability to do that or to attract the necessary free agents to take this roster to the next level.

Thread Information