Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have decided at this point to NOT renew my season tickets. My decision is not an easy one to make because of my love for basketball and my team, The Spurs!

My heart has always been for, GO SPURS GO, as all Spurs fans. I believe I am not alone in saying that this logo has such a greater meaning than a team on a basketball court. There have been moments through our history that have been difficult but served to illustrate the very FULL meaning of this logo.

Such as when Tim Duncan was injured and we held him out of the playoffs to preserve his future even though his free agency wasn't far off. And, when Tim's father passed and the team encouraged him to miss playoff games to be with his family. Also, when Stephen Jackson became a locker room distraction and we let him go just before the playoffs. Don't forget supporting all of our foreign players participating with their national teams all these years. Most recent is the way Pop handled LaMarcus Aldridge being unhappy here. And even this year the way we are handling the Kawhi Leonard injuries.

All of these serve to show the world the level of commitment and support that our Spurs Team has. A Commitment that holds players long-term health above any individual season. Support for the families of those employed by the team above its own financial goals. Their commitment to holding true to the harmony of the team against any individual efforts to disrupt. The support of what is so important to others from foreign countries even though it costs our team. The commitment to what's best for the team in the face of Pop's own pride in admitting his error and stepping into it to remedy the situation. And, once again, putting an individuals health before any particular season.

I stand in great pride to be part of such a wonderful history. All of these mighty principals that are part of my witnessing The Ice Man in HemisFair Arena, The reception party for David Robinson in the AlamoDome and subsequent team les, the experience of watching the careers of Robinson, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili. I will forever hold the joy of the years shared with my father and son.

However, even though I am as small of a voice as there could be and my decision will have absolutely no consequence on the team, I must stand as one individual, that vehemently opposes Greg Popovich and his arrogant behavior in using his public pulpit to disparage our president. Not arrogant because of his position but because he does so with the full confidence that there is no repercussion for using his position within the Spurs organization. Not that I agree with everything any president of our great country has believed, but we should all respect the position and allow our system to play out its course with the support of those that elected him or not. Our greatest voice is when we vote.

Again, I wish to repeat my position. I respect Pop's right to his opinion. Of course! I even support some of what Pop has had to say. What I can not, and will not support, is anyone or any organization that agrees with using their platform, in which I pay for by supporting the organization, to contribute to such mean spirited and down right nasty treatment of the office of president.

I know Pop would argue that he has every right to voice his opinion. I agree wholeheartedly. His right, but not the right that comes with his responsibility of coach of a professional team that is publicly supported. Voice your opinion from the rooftops, Pop, yes sir! Just not from the top of the San Antonio Spurs roof.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CIA Pop tanking to miss the playoffs so he can focus this spring on how we can make it easier to donate our uranium to the Russians.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well bye got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tl;dr

Seattle Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are quitting because Pop criticizes Trump?

Ok. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I make love to pressure. CapitalEmm's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obvious troll attempt.

Nobody that articulate is a Trump supporter.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obvious troll attempt.

Nobody that articulate is a Trump supporter.
    Quite the opposite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so touching a manifesto, now...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice, LOL, but very typical.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have decided at this point to NOT renew my season tickets. My decision is not an easy one to make because of my love for basketball and my team, The Spurs!

My heart has always been for, GO SPURS GO, as all Spurs fans. I believe I am not alone in saying that this logo has such a greater meaning than a team on a basketball court. There have been moments through our history that have been difficult but served to illustrate the very FULL meaning of this logo.

Such as when Tim Duncan was injured and we held him out of the playoffs to preserve his future even though his free agency wasn't far off. And, when Tim's father passed and the team encouraged him to miss playoff games to be with his family. Also, when Stephen Jackson became a locker room distraction and we let him go just before the playoffs. Don't forget supporting all of our foreign players participating with their national teams all these years. Most recent is the way Pop handled LaMarcus Aldridge being unhappy here. And even this year the way we are handling the Kawhi Leonard injuries.

All of these serve to show the world the level of commitment and support that our Spurs Team has. A Commitment that holds players long-term health above any individual season. Support for the families of those employed by the team above its own financial goals. Their commitment to holding true to the harmony of the team against any individual efforts to disrupt. The support of what is so important to others from foreign countries even though it costs our team. The commitment to what's best for the team in the face of Pop's own pride in admitting his error and stepping into it to remedy the situation. And, once again, putting an individuals health before any particular season.

I stand in great pride to be part of such a wonderful history. All of these mighty principals that are part of my witnessing The Ice Man in HemisFair Arena, The reception party for David Robinson in the AlamoDome and subsequent team les, the experience of watching the careers of Robinson, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili. I will forever hold the joy of the years shared with my father and son.

However, even though I am as small of a voice as there could be and my decision will have absolutely no consequence on the team, I must stand as one individual, that vehemently opposes Greg Popovich and his arrogant behavior in using his public pulpit to disparage our president. Not arrogant because of his position but because he does so with the full confidence that there is no repercussion for using his position within the Spurs organization. Not that I agree with everything any president of our great country has believed, but we should all respect the position and allow our system to play out its course with the support of those that elected him or not. Our greatest voice is when we vote.

Again, I wish to repeat my position. I respect Pop's right to his opinion. Of course! I even support some of what Pop has had to say. What I can not, and will not support, is anyone or any organization that agrees with using their platform, in which I pay for by supporting the organization, to contribute to such mean spirited and down right nasty treatment of the office of president.

I know Pop would argue that he has every right to voice his opinion. I agree wholeheartedly. His right, but not the right that comes with his responsibility of coach of a professional team that is publicly supported. Voice your opinion from the rooftops, Pop, yes sir! Just not from the top of the San Antonio Spurs roof.
    I wish could get a minute of my life back after reading this crap. This is how I feel about you.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical unrelated rant that obviously did not read or was incapable of comprehending.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again..............typical unintelligent rant from those with an opposing view. No dialogue just totally expected immature name calling which contributes nothing.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    poor donald

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I usually wouldn't answer to these type of threads but the fact that I got sucked into reading this (because I was expecting something else) forces me to reply.

Nobody cares son, stop being a drama queen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree with the op's right to voice his opinion, of course, but i cannot agree with the incredulous manner in which he chooses to use the spurs forum on ST as the platform for his mean-spirited views of our coach. let him do it from the political forum page but just not from this spurs forum roof.
    Last edited by rjv; 03-13-2018 at 01:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree with the op's right to voice his opinion, of course, but i cannot agree with the incredulous manner in which he chooses to use the spurs forum on ST as the platform for his mean-spirited views of our coach. let him do it from the political forum page but just on this spurs forum roof.
    Precisely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're a triggered snowflake because pop is a lib ? off dude I was hoping you would on our garbage team and questionable personnel decisions but instead you're asshurt because the coach triggered your delicate sensibilities? Gtfo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... as if PVL so-called Don the Con Trash doesn't DESERVE the most vicious disparagement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm so sorry, but Spurstalk is not in any way associated with the San Antonio Spurs. You can contact the Spurs here:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/contact-spurs-organization/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll make sure Ms. former Holt sees this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I don't like the current team roster, I don't mind Pop speaking out. However, I do mind him speaking out when his team is absolute . Focus on your own job first, then speak your opinions. Answer the reporters' genuine questions first. I just wish some reporter had the guts to ask a legitimate question like, "Do you feel the need for any roster or internal changes as your looking at being in 10th place in the west?"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i agree with the op's right to voice his opinion, of course, but i cannot agree with the incredulous manner in which he chooses to use the spurs forum on ST as the platform for his mean-spirited views of our coach. let him do it from the political forum page but just not from this spurs forum roof.
    Well done ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well Goodbye idiot! Pop is a American citizen and has the right to speak out period! We were given these rights and just because you don't agree with his right to free speech, then leave and don't let the door hit you on the way out! There's a waiting list for Spurs fans who want to be season ticket holders! Geez so sick of these hypocrites trying to shut people's right to free speech! The thing in the WH is nothing but a traitor and is consorting with our enemy, Russia! I agree with Pop! Pop speaks the truth! He believes in the American spirit and calling out the thing in the WH who is nothing but a bigot! So goodbye!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent post!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information