Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So would it further damage it to play? Ugg it can only be a speculative answer.

At this point I just want to know the damn truth. And know that may be far off, or never coming. Altho I suspect a media blitz in the offseason will get Kawhi to perhaps talk.

I know it's been said Dedman was Kawhis good friend as well as teammate. I wonder if Kawhi really is fried over Pops awarding Paddy Fiddy and white Gasol while sending Dedman and Simmons packing. (don't wanna hear* how Simmons sent himself packing, they awarded Pau a loyalty contract of farking 16 Xs 3.) What loyalty had he ever displayed towards the Spurs. Sickening.

I don't think it was about the signings / shippings but fark, something is up.

*not directed at you TDfan. You never posted anything about Simmons sending himself that I know of.
    Yes, playing could risk further tendon damage/degeneration, and depending on how bad the injury is, he could be at risk for a quad tear. Most people with quad tendinosis would not be at too much of a greater risk for a quad tear, but an NBA player is at higher risk than your average athlete due to the high demands of the sport. It's a ty injury that is difficult to treat, and the structural damage is tough to detect because it's microscopic.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    I invited you guys to come party with me in December. When asked how anyone would know it was me, I said I was thinking of posting a pic. Consensus among intelligent, sane posters was that was not a good idea on SpursTalk.

Thus as far as giving any where I work specifically or related, I hate to say it but just not a chance. As to mods being helpful, when he/she deleted my "Has Warrior ottry reached previous Laker levels?" I mean for f's sake*. Point being as to putting myself in a position to be looking to them to correct any stalking, improper i.d.ing of posters ya one hopes they would stuff that like Kori and LJ did (I hope) but....Ima not gonna risk it.

*"I pop my aunt on a regular basis" or "Cucking" on 500+ subject threads is a go. But referring to Golden State and Kobme Lakers as gots is a no go.
    Wtf are you talking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf are you talking about?
    Use search feature.
    Or if you have a specific question ask it.
    dk what you are asking tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have tendinosis in my patellar tendon and play basketball a few times a week. It's a chronic condition that is very frustrating, because there's no clear cut therapy for it and it doesn't take much to aggravate it. I'll have good days and bad days, and playing more than 2 times in a week can cause issues.

This is from the standpoint of a 6'1" 185 pound guy playing rec ball. Everything I have experienced is probably many times worse for Kawhi, so I feel for him.

HOWEVER, he has handled this while situation about as poorly as possible. If he's hurt and doesn't want to play, that's fine, it's his body. But at least be there to support your team.
    I think he's in pain, and I think the pain is causing him to abandon some of his rationality and doctor shop. Patients so this all the time in the real world until they find a doctor willing to give them what they want.

If Kawhi really has tendinosis, then there's very little in the way of rest or rehab that will fix it. Eccentric strengthening has shown to help in some cases, but otherwise there are just experimental procedures that can be done to help. Maybe that's what he's doing.

Either way, it's not imperative that he rehab right this second, so he could easily be with the team if he wanted to. Something is going on, but we won't find out until at least the off-season.
    Some of if not the most intelligent, sane post(s) on this Kwa injury.
    Thank you again TDfan2007.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's looking more and more like there's validity to the beef that Kawhi and his group have with the Spurs medical staff, and the Spurs themselves. He's had issues with his quad before, and it seems like it keeps coming back. His injury is chronic and degenerative, so aggressive physical therapy is going to help, but there's no "cure." If his quad is bothering him this much, then he might not ever get back to the level he was at before.

The whole situation sucks, and aside from the organizational drama, there's a chance that Kawhi might actually be damaged goods....
    continued thanks TDfan2007.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, playing could risk further tendon damage/degeneration, and depending on how bad the injury is, he could be at risk for a quad tear. Most people with quad tendinosis would not be at too much of a greater risk for a quad tear, but an NBA player is at higher risk than your average athlete due to the high demands of the sport. It's a ty injury that is difficult to treat, and the structural damage is tough to detect because it's microscopic.
    Got em all together now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have tendinosis in my patellar tendon and play basketball a few times a week. It's a chronic condition that is very frustrating, because there's no clear cut therapy for it and it doesn't take much to aggravate it. I'll have good days and bad days, and playing more than 2 times in a week can cause issues.

This is from the standpoint of a 6'1" 185 pound guy playing rec ball. Everything I have experienced is probably many times worse for Kawhi, so I feel for him.

HOWEVER, he has handled this while situation about as poorly as possible. If he's hurt and doesn't want to play, that's fine, it's his body. But at least be there to support your team.
    Lol tendonitis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tendinosis, means or sometimes called chronic tendinitis, chronic tendinopathy, or chronic tendon injury, is damage to a tendon at a cellular level (the suffix "osis" implies a pathology of chronic degeneration without inflammation).

How long does it take Tendinosis to heal?
    Some physicians even stretch that recovery period to nine months or more. Tendinosis takes a considerable amount of time to heal because of limited blood flow to tendons, and because it can take 100 days for your body to reestablish strong collagen, which repairs damage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the same thing, but yeah he obviously could have played through it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont have a pussy, so i just couldnt tell you how it feels for it to hurt for so long.

Thread Information