Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beyond stupid. These people are in charge of our kids? That's more frightening than that dumb idea.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beyond stupid. These people are in charge of our kids? That's more frightening than that dumb idea.
    Find a superintendent in any small school district in Texas and you are gonna get a volunteer basically. It's homeschooling with buildings. It could be good, or very bad. Even in a large district with a school board of lunatics who hire a fool. If It's all about keeping it local, this is what you get. Who are the locals...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or overcooked ramen. It's sticky and be thrown at the shooters face to blind him. Or better yet every kid gets a can of silly string...

once the shooter is covered in silly string the children could scurry to safety.

Plus teachers could then be trained on how to takedown a silly string covered shooter and restrain them until police arrive. Of course that would be voluntary training, perhaps a small bonus for teachers that can show proficiency at taking down the shooter without themselves becoming entangled in the silly string.
    Damn that looks like fun. The only silly string I have ever used loses pressure (effective range) and plastic (string, the projectile) rapidly. We need to ramp it up. I see multiple canisters on any easy to carry mechanism that can be refitted for a high constant pressure. Not as effective as tissue piercing shrapnel, but fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that looks like fun. The only silly string I have ever used loses pressure (effective range) and plastic (string, the projectile) rapidly. We need to ramp it up. I see multiple canisters on any easy to carry mechanism that can be refitted for a high constant pressure. Not as effective as tissue piercing shrapnel, but fun.
    Awesome idea! High capacity assault string!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Massive barrage of textbooks?
    you've jumped off a cliff now... wtf pg? lol

then again that might be the best case scenario considering those books don't teach those kids jack except make believe stories of the past & fake science.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol hearding the sheep into jihad even faster... stoning you say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously; did you dream of being a loser and being on the side of bringing rocks to a gun fight? Would the twenty-year-old version of you want to kick your ass, or have you always been that big of a loser?
    hahahaha

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    School of Rock?

*Rimshot*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome idea! High capacity assault string!!!!
    Business idea.

I know this same thing can be done with cornstarch. And this means we could use water as a solvent possibly. Pressurized cornstarch silly string that is biodegradable or you can even eat it! The silly string now on the market is some sort of plastic and has some sort of hydrocarbon solvent to mix with the plastic before you blow air into it and send it out in a string. I can smell it. Sorta nasty. But the plastic polymerizes really nicely.... I don't know how well the cornstarch would polymerize. I know it would, but possibly not in a nice narrow string. It might just create some sort of cornstarch "snow" We gotta do some tests.

Someone must've tried this... But ya never know.

I can see getting sprayed with cornstarch string until you are all cocooned up, eat through it, and emerge as a beautiful butterfly ( or snowflake).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you've jumped off a cliff now... wtf pg? lol

then again that might be the best case scenario considering those books don't teach those kids jack except make believe stories of the past & fake science.
    Well then I should be dead, yet I still come up with what seems to me, to be fantastic ideas. I know you feel that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So there ya have it... I think you know the feeling, you have to. Some of the topics argued have clearly illustrated the comical, incredibly silly analogies and equivalents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well then I should be dead, yet I still come up with what seems to me, to be fantastic ideas. I know you feel that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So there ya have it... I think you know the feeling, you have to. Some of the topics argued have clearly illustrated the comical, incredibly silly analogies and equivalents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Business idea.

I know this same thing can be done with cornstarch. And this means we could use water as a solvent possibly. Pressurized cornstarch silly string that is biodegradable or you can even eat it! The silly string now on the market is some sort of plastic and has some sort of hydrocarbon solvent to mix with the plastic before you blow air into it and send it out in a string. I can smell it. Sorta nasty. But the plastic polymerizes really nicely.... I don't know how well the cornstarch would polymerize. I know it would, but possibly not in a nice narrow string. It might just create some sort of cornstarch "snow" We gotta do some tests.

Someone must've tried this... But ya never know.

I can see getting sprayed with cornstarch string until you are all cocooned up, eat through it, and emerge as a beautiful butterfly ( or snowflake).
    Bumpage so this does not escape a CC viewing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

Need to genetically engineer some Shelob spiders for the string material.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    corn starch? from my experience it clumps too much for me to fathom it as a thickener for silly string. who knows though? would be a fun experiment. you can never go wrong with more silly string especially that which can shoot high pressure and 20 ft+.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    corn starch? from my experience it clumps too much for me to fathom it as a thickener for silly string. who knows though? would be a fun experiment. you can never go wrong with more silly string especially that which can shoot high pressure and 20 ft+.
    If you blow air into and force it out under high pressure... maybe heat it up before and use some of the more soluble cornstarch. The stuff in grocery stores is not very soluble. But I get your concern with the thickening. Gotta play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

Need to genetically engineer some Shelob spiders for the string material.
    Thats protein and we are gonna get really hung up. This would be our go to for stopping thieves and such. Uhh mm... Sounds familiar. I think we have some copyright problems in merely writing about this...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats protein and we are gonna get really hung up. This would be our go to for stopping thieves and such. Uhh mm... Sounds familiar. I think we have some copyright problems in merely writing about this...

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    So you think school shootings are funny?

Hopefully you never encounter a situation where you are forced to face the fact that you're defenseless. Hopefully your cell phone works. Hopefully someone responds in time.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Did you want the students to have guns?
    Interesting double standard at work here.

Americans don't need guns because they cannot defeat a military with nukes

Students cannot defeat, with rocks, a shooter with an AR-15 but instead of accepting that, you present the false dilemma that the alternative suggestion is to give them guns.

Is the alternative suggestion for the 2nd Amendment that civilians should have nukes?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So you think school shootings are funny?

Hopefully you never encounter a situation where you are forced to face the fact that you're defenseless. Hopefully your cell phone works. Hopefully someone responds in time.
    Interesting double standard at work here.

Americans don't need guns because they cannot defeat a military with nukes

Students cannot defeat, with rocks, a shooter with an AR-15 but instead of accepting that, you present the false dilemma that the alternative suggestion is to give them guns.

Is the alternative suggestion for the 2nd Amendment that civilians should have nukes?
    lol DMC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is your white flag.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is your white flag.
    It's his tbh.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    The school security situation is a microcosm of society in general. There are cops on some school campuses, and there are cops in most neighborhoods. In neither case will the cop be able to prevent you from being killed by a gunman who is intent on killing you. We see this play out in a school and we think everyone needs to be armed. We see it play out in the public and we think everyone needs to be disarmed.

The fact in both instances is that as individuals, we have no power to disarm the entire population, so we are left with the choice of disarming ourselves. Some of us choose to have a way of fighting back. Some of you would take that away so that you feel safer. Do you think some of the students in those schools would feel safer if other students didn't have buckets of rocks?

You don't have to answer, it's a rhetorical question. The answer is quite obvious.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    DMC never has an actual take on the topic.

Thread Information