San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I downloaded Ikaruga a japanese scroller shooter

Amazing game. Cant even pass 1st level

Will probably donate it to my nephew

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    I know my reaction time has gone to from what it was in my 20s. When I was playing Parappa the Rappa I think I could only get past the third or fourth level on easy. Now on Yakuza 0 I can't beat any of the dancing challenges, which are also a rhythm game.
    Yeah. I realize that. Thought about it after and it was an idiotic thing to think my RT hasn't deteriorated. Playing during the afternoon makes a huge difference. I've been top 5 numerous times. My 9 yr old hit top 3 yesterday. But at night? I can go an hour without getting a kill. The building mechanics just take a lot getting used to and that's what seperates the top players at the end. Too bad there isn't a practice mode to work in it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just hide in a bush bruh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Studies have shown that reaction time drops about 1 percent per year after the age of 24, but from what I know, the jury is still out on whether the decreased reaction times is primarily a result of aging or a combined result of aging and not consistently engaging in activities that challenge your reaction times, like sports, gaming, etc. A kid aged 16-22 will likely be active in sports and have the luxury to game everyday for at least couple of hours. A 35 year old with a career, family, etc obviously doesn't get to exercise his reaction times and hand-eye coordination as much, so it obviously atrophies over time.

Of course age plays a role, but how much? Roger Federer, at 36, is still dominating a sport that's centered around reaction time and hand-eye coordination, so I think the average mid-30 year old can probably hang with the kids online if he played/practiced enough. The fighting game legend Daigo is 36 and is still a top 5 player in the world, for instance.
    the repe ive playing is more significant imo... at least in quick twitch reflex games like COD or the fighting games, its all about muscle memory. at least that's my experience, when i took any time away from mulitplayer FPS games and hopped back in i would always get destroyed, especially since i was always a pretty aggressive "run in head first" guy and was carried by hand eye coordination

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Still haven't had a three kill game yet but my 6 yr old just dusted 4 guys in a single game today. Hahaha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want to feel old? Play geometry dash on your mobile (my kids downloaded it). I haven't been so frustrated since Ghosts n Goblins on NES.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    You want to feel old? Play geometry dash on your mobile (my kids downloaded it). I haven't been so frustrated since Ghosts n Goblins on NES.
    Anything mobile is frustrating. Not familiar with that game but if it's compatible with a controller that changes the playing field.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything mobile is frustrating. Not familiar with that game but if it's compatible with a controller that changes the playing field.
    No literally all you do is tap the screen to jump over obsticles. One mistimed jump and you start over. It's just a time waster. But the hand-eye coordination needed to actually complete any of the levels is ridiculous... and my 7-year-old makes it look easy.

Thread Information