Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nothing like doing 'em yourself though...

Lol the fark happened there?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lol the fark happened there?
    Gotta sear the outside first.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Anybody here been to Fogo de Chao?
    I've been to one in Houston. Loved it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yep..

Chama Gaucha > but Fogo is damn good.. The reason I rank Chama Gaucha over Fogo is because of the sides they serve being better, a few more cuts of meat to choose from, but the meats are amazing either way. If you're ever in SA, Houston, Atlanta, or Chicago, I highly recommend Chama Gaucha. But Fogo has nearly an identical menu, and the salad bar is just as amazing.

As far as the pricing, it's pricey, but not overpriced. The service is SPOT ON and worth every penny IMO. If you wanna save a buck go during the lunch hour, it's the exact same choices.

See the above..
    Yeah the salad bar is incredible.

But if you're not careful you'll be full when the meat comes around.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A guy at work mentioned that he only eats steaks at his house now because he Sous Vide's them and sears the steak with a torch. We laughed our asses off at him. I was curious about it and began watching videos. I then bought this low end sous vide to try it out. Im not laughing any more. I sous vide and then pan seared the best medium NY Strip I ever ate in my life. I've been fortunate to eat at a few high end steak houses around the country, St. Elmos for example. The steak I made was so damn good I couldn't believe it.

Name
    Expert
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    No question for me.
    New York Strip. Medium.
    For me, that's the best combo of taste and texture.
    Grilled Asparagus and twice baked potato.
    Salad and rolls.
    You ever try putting just the Beats on your plate without all the fancy side dishes?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You ever try putting just the Beats on your plate without all the fancy side dishes?
    WTF. You realize Beats are premium top end sound products.
    That being said, I'll often listen to my Beats if eating alone.
    With the meal I posted above, I'd likely play some Jazz.

Name
    Expert
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    WTF. You realize Beats are premium top end sound products.
    That being said, I'll often listen to my Beats if eating alone.
    With the meal I posted above, I'd likely play some Jazz.
    Top 10 black jazz artists of all time?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    A guy at work mentioned that he only eats steaks at his house now because he Sous Vide's them and sears the steak with a torch. We laughed our asses off at him. I was curious about it and began watching videos. I then bought this low end sous vide to try it out. Im not laughing any more. I sous vide and then pan seared the best medium NY Strip I ever ate in my life. I've been fortunate to eat at a few high end steak houses around the country, St. Elmos for example. The steak I made was so damn good I couldn't believe it.
    I've had an Anova the last 3 years, it is great. Sirloin at 120 for 8 hours then seared is fantastic. I do wild hog legs at 140 for 24 hours, then finish them on the grill. So damn good. Veggies are great too, asparagus with butter at 180 for 10 mins - still tender and sweet, just throw them in a hot pan and season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    This sounds cosmic cowboyish

Name
    Luck_The_Fakers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anybody here been to Fogo de Chao?
    yes... but in Brazil. Not sure how the US version compares, tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've had an Anova the last 3 years, it is great. Sirloin at 120 for 8 hours then seared is fantastic. I do wild hog legs at 140 for 24 hours, then finish them on the grill. So damn good. Veggies are great too, asparagus with butter at 180 for 10 mins - still tender and sweet, just throw them in a hot pan and season.
    This is something ill be trying this weekend and I cant wait!!

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    This is something ill be trying this weekend and I cant wait!!
    I had a torch but recently got a kamado for 600 degree sears. Cast iron works great too.

The legs are juicy cause they have just been sitting in there cooking for 24 in their own juices and whatever marinade/rub you want to do. I usually use rosemary, thyme, sage, s/p and bay leaves.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yep..

Chama Gaucha > but Fogo is damn good.. The reason I rank Chama Gaucha over Fogo is because of the sides they serve being better, a few more cuts of meat to choose from, but the meats are amazing either way. If you're ever in SA, Houston, Atlanta, or Chicago, I highly recommend Chama Gaucha. But Fogo has nearly an identical menu, and the salad bar is just as amazing.

As far as the pricing, it's pricey, but not overpriced. The service is SPOT ON and worth every penny IMO. If you wanna save a buck go during the lunch hour, it's the exact same choices.

See the above..
    But those places don't serve their meat soaked in ketchup and poured over burnt french toast... so that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Honestly my favorite Brazilian steakhouse is Pampas in Las Vegas. It's small, and actually decently priced especially at lunchtime. I have to go every time I'm in town and it never disappoints.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah the salad bar is incredible.

But if you're not careful you'll be full when the meat comes around.
    Exactly.. you serve the salad piling off the plate, but you don't eat it before the meal, you pick with the meal.. if not you're a re and just spent 30 dollars on leaves and prosciutto

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I had a torch but recently got a kamado for 600 degree sears. Cast iron works great too.

The legs are juicy cause they have just been sitting in there cooking for 24 in their own juices and whatever marinade/rub you want to do. I usually use rosemary, thyme, sage, s/p and bay leaves.

Yeah I didn't want the torch because of the possibility of ruining the meat with butane taste. The searzall attachment apparently prevents that from happening but a i just use my cast iron. Dude, you hit the nail on the head with rosemary and Thyme for beef. I used dill, cracked pepper and kosher salt on my chicken breast and they were amazing as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Exactly.. you serve the salad piling off the plate, but you don't eat it before the meal, you pick with the meal.. if not you're a re and just spent 30 dollars on leaves and prosciutto
    honestly I dont even go for the salad at all. Straight to the Steak. With that said I did do the salad bar the first time I went and it was tastey.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    honestly I dont even go for the salad at all. Straight to the Steak. With that said I did do the salad bar the first time I went and it was tastey.
    The salad bar is that damn good though.. Just dont eat it first

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    I just saw the re ed ass that Avante posted

Where the did the old got find that recipe, a book about how to up your steak?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just saw the re ed ass that Avante posted

Where the did the old got find that recipe, a book about how to up your steak?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Had a 23 oz porterhouse at Texas Roadhouse the other night.. ing great steak.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Had a 23 oz porterhouse at Texas Roadhouse the other night.. ing great steak.
    Nice. Do they provide you with scissors or did you have to bring your own tbh?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    that was tender as tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Thread Information