Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? They are close to making the ECF without Kyrie and Hayward. Why trade 1 of 2 promising young rookies on rookie salaries for a dude that is either seriously hurt or quits on his team?
    Because neither of them is All NBA, and Kawhi is. The last player of this caliber to hit the market was Harden. That’s half a decade ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? They are close to making the ECF without Kyrie and Hayward. Why trade 1 of 2 promising young rookies on rookie salaries for a dude that is either seriously hurt or quits on his team?
    Because they can't afford to lose him to Cleveland. Kawhi and LeBron closes Boston's window before it even gets opened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they get Kawhi Leonard?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because neither of them is All NBA, and Kawhi is. The last player of this caliber to hit the market was Harden. That’s half a decade ago.
    You mean like in April 2017? Yes. But we are in May 2018. And he played like 9 minute-restricted, non-back-to-back games ever since.

Tatum/Brown are about to one-two punch the Celtics to the Eastern Conference Finals and while Kawhi is hopping from one New York clinic to the other..

Those are the relevant facts right now..Go figure..
    Last edited by spursistan; 05-04-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Jordan brand allow Kawhi to go to Cleveland? I mean, Jordan might not want that because Lebron would then have a very legit chance of catching him in rings.

I hope these sponsorship companies don't have this much of a say where a player of his caliber goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You understand that Kawhi doesn’t have tendonosis, right? That’s not the same thing as tendonopathy.
    I understand there are conflicting reports and medical differences about his diagnosis...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand there are conflicting reports and medical differences about his diagnosis...
    None of them have said tendonosis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter since we are not privy to what he has... he might end up like granger or many others whose career ended up prematurely by injuries.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Boston's current run is Fool's Gold, but still, why trade these young pieces for a question mark like Kawhi when you already have Kyrie and Hayward in the chamber for next season? It's house money for then, atm, they can easily convince themselves that just adding those 2 guys will make them a real le contender for the foreseeable future..

Seems like a stupid risk for a player coming off a major injury and a potential off-court issue, tbh.
    Sixers are most likely to go all in on Kawhi since Embiid is most likely not going to have a long career so they have to win within the next 4-5 years. Simmons/Fultz most likely not going to develop a dependable jumper anytime soon so they ain't winning with those two.

If they also plan on re-signing Re , they have to go all in right away.

Fultz/Covington/Saric + Lakers pick would be as good a haul as anything PATFO are going to get from another team. Drunk can also dump Fatty in the process to match salaries.

For reference this was what Melo/Billups netted:

Melo to the New York Knicks tonight, a league source said. Denver gets Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash.
    Backcourt: Murray/Fultz/DJ

Wings: Mikal/Covington

Frontcourt: LMA/Saric/Costello

20th pick: Jontay Porter (Would really benefit from Pau as he's already a good passer)

The team would have slashing guards with bigs who can spread the floor, similar to the Celtics. The wings/backcourt would also be lock-down defenders thus Saric/Porter wouldn't be burdened to protect the rim.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 05-05-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tendinosis and tendinopathy are interchangable ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tendinosis and tendinopathy are interchangable ...
    It’s funny, because Duncan had tendonosis, and they clearly called it that, and they’re clearly calling what Kawhi has tendonopathy. Spurs aren’t treating them as interchangeable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s funny, because Duncan had tendonosis, and they clearly called it that, and they’re clearly calling what Kawhi has tendonopathy. Spurs aren’t treating them as interchangeable.
    Spurs dont know and drs dont know. Spurs strength coaches have been terrible for years. Drs use billable visits. But if youve ever liked to play compe ive sports injuries wouldnt interfere with your mindset to play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the team that loses this exciting BOS-PHI series will think they are a peice away (but more so Philly). These two teams are primed to dominate the league for the next 7 years. Leonard in Philly would be insane.
    Boston has the surplus of picks, including two, possibility 3 lottery picks plus Tatum/ Brown. They could stand pat and pass on Kawhi and hope AD becomes available and throw the farm at New Orleans.

While the 76ers have two of the best players under 25 in the league with two other above average starters in Saric and Covington along with the 10th pick, 26th pick and 37 and 38th pick plus 2 promising bigs being stashed overseas.

They could look to consolidate their assets and build a legit big 3 by moving some of those assets for Kawhi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't offer the supermax and go after LeBron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking the Celts would trade Tatum for Kawhi straight up right now ..

Much less with picks + Brown

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count

Spurfan kiwi asswiper duncan2k5 talking about trading LMA for Tatum just last week

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ Expecting Philly to make big push for Kawhi trade, though. Neither Simmons nor the overrated bigmouth Embiid is anywhere near the closer they need in these type of playoffs games. They need to match Boston glaring wing advantage..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He does look untradeable at this point. But he is being guarded by the likes of Marco Belinelli right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ Expecting Philly to make big push for Kawhi trade, though. Neither Simmons nor the overrated bigmouth Embiid is anywhere near the closer they need in these type of playoffs games. They need to match Boston glaring wing advantage..
    I see this as likely to happen - at least a push. They're so bad offensively they're forced to get points from Marco and Red in late game situations.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great news: Lebron is watching Sixers get exposed and Brett Brown isn't on the same universe as Stevens

Bad news: Houston is probably the favorite to land him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see this as likely to happen - at least a push. They're so bad offensively they're forced to get points from Marco and Red in late game situations.
    Yup. And, I actually see them wanting Mills too for scoring off the bench. They’re probably not keeping Re

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. And, I actually see them wanting Mills too for scoring off the bench. They’re probably not keeping Re
    You should've just stopped at "Yup."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurfan kiwi asswiper duncan2k5 talking about trading LMA for Tatum just last week

Even Kawhi has probably done this only once and it was last season playoffs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yuck Tatum and Brown are scrubs compared to Kawhi. And I'm the least Kawhi homer on the site. Would much much much rather go after proven guys in their prime like Lillard and McCollum

Celts wouldnt say yes to Tatum, Brown and Kings pick ...
    you the non Kiwi homer acting like its not enough ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "Tatum + Rozier + Kings pick isn't terrible," Danny Ainge

I'd take

Love + Zizic + Osman+ Brooklyn Pick (currently projected to be 7th) from Cleveland over that package from Boston tbh.
    delusions you went from not wanting this 4 weeks ago ...but now celts probably wont even give you this much ...

Thread Information