Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet, even with all Lebron has done, that most people on here or otherwise would have scoffed at trading Kyle Lowry + DeRozan for Lebron. You would scream “no way! That is wayyyyy to much, yada yada”. Then you see how much Lebron is worth as he destroys them.

Kawhi, healthy, is in that realm. A franchise changing superstar above the likes of Giannis and AD even. They dont come around often and are rarely available via trade.

Just how Harden changed HOU and Lebron would change anyone, getting Kawhi would be a game changer and mean almost instant conference finals or more for anyone.

There will be teams that want him and bid accordingly IMO especially if the health stuff gets cleared up (like his team saying he’s cleared).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet, even with all Lebron has done, that most people on here or otherwise would have scoffed at trading Kyle Lowry + DeRozan for Lebron. You would scream “no way! That is wayyyyy to much, yada yada”. Then you see how much Lebron is worth as he destroys them.

Kawhi, healthy, is in that realm. A franchise changing superstar above the likes of Giannis and AD even. They dont come around often and are rarely available via trade.

Just how Harden changed HOU and Lebron would change anyone, getting Kawhi would be a game changer and mean almost instant conference finals or more for anyone.

There will be teams that want him and bid accordingly IMO especially if the health stuff gets cleared up (like his team saying he’s cleared).
    I think it kind of depends on how Boston does against the Cavs. If the Cavs win and Lebron dominates, it's easy to conclude that they need someone that can slow Lebron and score and Kawhi would be a must-get. In that scenario, giving up Brown and Tatum would be justifiable. People are forgetting how good Kawhi was last year in the playoffs and he wasn't playing leastern conference teams like the Bucks and the 76ers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree wholeheartedly. One more important part of this is that the east teams that will want him also want to make sure he doesn't end up with a rival. That is almost as important as getting him in the first place. If you're Boston and Philly gets Kawhi you take a step back.... ainge can't let that happen...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Ainge would have to be insane to give up any of Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown for a player who's leg probably won't hold up over a long stretch for the rest of his career.

After what those two have done in these playoffs, the Spurs won't be sniffing either player.
    It’s amazing what being guarded by the likes of Jason Terry, JJ Re and Marco will do for your perceived value. Don’t get me wrong, they’re solid. But let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoff at my post all you want.

Bottom line is, Danny Ainge has proven to be shrewd when it comes to trades. He jettisoned Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce when they were declining, He got Kyrie for basically damaged goods in Isaiah Thomas, etc..

Point is, he's not going to give up young assets for a player, like Kawhi, with so many question marks concerning his health.

It doesn't fit his M.O.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Danny Ainge would have to be insane to give up any of Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown for a player who's leg probably won't hold up over a long stretch for the rest of his career.

After what those two have done in these playoffs, the Spurs won't be sniffing either player.
    I think brown is still realistic. No way on tatum, if I am celts ...Brown, Rozier and a 1st ... and you will take it and like it.

Tatum is putting up over 20 a night in the playoffs as 19 year old I wouldn't trade Tatum for Kiwi straight up, based on longterm projections. Plus he is way cheaper too.
    Obviously Kiwi is way better right now and will be for the next 2-3 years or so ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably, better chance to get Prozingis and the Knicks #1. Since KP is injured and Dolan an idiot, seems like Spurs could work that angle to their advantage.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Kiwi is amazing best defender since Pistons rodman, prime Pippen or Glove and I think he is even better than those guys defending wings maybe GP defended smaller guys better.
    TBS, Kiwi cannot have the same impact as Lebron or harden because he is nowhere close to them as a playmaker.
    And im soorry because of that he projects more like a Ant Davis great player but less impactful on his team-mates.

The gap between Lebron/Harden and Davis/Kiwi offensively is wide despite Kiwi being far more efficient ...
    Tatum I dont think will be a deluxe playmaker either but he is far better at it than KL was as a rookie or even 2nd year player ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Probably, better chance to get Prozingis and the Knicks #1. Since KP is injured and Dolan an idiot, seems like Spurs could work that angle to their advantage.
    that is not a bad trade for either side but I think KP will battle injury throughout his career ...and depends on where knicks pick lands

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that is not a bad trade for either side but I think KP will battle injury throughout his career ...and depends on where knicks pick lands
    There is that risk for sure, but he has tremendous potential and was playing great before the injury. And that Knicks pick could be high.

I also like the revenge idea of stranding Kawhi in the hapless knicks. Uncle Dennis and the other leeches after money will be thrilled at that huge market, but poor Kawhi will be headed to on-court .

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum and Brown are looking better than they would if Irving and Hayward were healthy. Remember everyone slobbing on Simmons for putting up those numbers in last year's WCF? This could be Ainge's chance to sell high on them.

And screw Rozier. I don't want him as part of any trade. I would rather have an extra pick.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tatum and Brown are looking better than they would if Irving and Hayward were healthy. Remember everyone slobbing on Simmons for putting up those numbers in last year's WCF? This could be Ainge's chance to sell high on them.

And screw Rozier. I don't want him as part of any trade. I would rather have an extra pick.
    Agree on Brown he is good but not great but Tatum has a chance to be special. people forget he is only 19 and his work ethic is already elite ...I think he will be the best rookie in this class and a small chance to be be best rookie prospect since Ant Davis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Note to San Antonio Spurs fans pitching Kawhi Leonard deals involving Tatum and lots of other stuff: It's not clear Boston would do Tatum for Leonard straight up without getting a clean bill of health for Leonard and an assurance he re-signs. Tatum is on a rookie deal for three more seasons. A max deal for Leonard would make it hard to keep guys like Smart and Rozier, even for the short term.)
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...s-nba-playoffs

Lowe is basically telling you; right now forget it even if it's "straight up"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowe is saying what I said; getting Kawhi cleared is the big obstacle. I have no doubt that if Kawhi is healthy teams will line up for him.

A team like BOS would have no issues getting Kawhi extended either.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Lowe is saying what I said; getting Kawhi cleared is the big obstacle. I have no doubt that if Kawhi is healthy teams will line up for him.

A team like BOS would have no issues getting Kawhi extended either.
    Teams may line up. Boston probably isn’t one of those teams. It’s the team that has the best assets that the Spurs would want. They are also in a unique situation not to want or need to pursue Leonard for several reasons. They already have three huge contracts on payroll. Adding Leonard would likely necessitate dealing either Kyrie or Hayward. Maybe they’d deal Kyrie with Rozier playing the way he has. But I doubt Stevens would be on board flipping Gordon already without having a chance to coach him again. They have at least two more years of rookie scale salary on Brown and Tatum to see if one or both reaches superstar level performance so they can choose which one they end up committing big money to. It’s also a short but good window to still compete for a le. While adding Kyrie and Hayward into the mix, I’d suspect they’d like to see what they got before going all in on someone like Leonard, who even if clears healthy, has some red flags due to how things transpired this season. Next summer would be a better guess for Boston to want to explore trading for a superstar if the Kyrie and Hayward thing do ant go well.

Additionally, unless he makes it clear he would sign an extension, I wouldn’t assume Boston would have no issues extending Leonard because it seems like he really want some to go back to the West Coast.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge should sell high on Kyrie, it's been his specialty

Great individual talent, but minimal impact on a team's success.. trading Hayward would be better, but I don't know how many teams want to pay 120 million for an overrated player coming off a serious injury..

Rozier/Smart
    Brown
    Kawhi/Hayward
    Tatum/Morris
    Horford/Baynes

Almost perfect for today's NBA..switch everything, enough shooting, no liabilities on either side, huge size on the perimeter..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ainge should sell high on Kyrie, it's been his specialty

Great individual talent, but minimal impact on a team's success.. trading Hayward would be better, but I don't know how many teams want to pay 120 million for an overrated player coming off a serious injury..

Rozier/Smart
    Brown
    Kawhi/Hayward
    Tatum/Morris
    Horford/Baynes

Almost perfect for today's NBA..switch everything, enough shooting, no liabilities on either side, huge size on the perimeter..
    How can you sell high?
    Knee issue...
    only one year left on deal ...
    The sell high would have been after the series clincher dagger two plus years ago...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Boston will get into the action but in the end Philly has the assets has multiple draft picks and is able to take on other players ie: Green, Mills, or Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Boston will get into the action but in the end Philly has the assets has multiple draft picks and is able to take on other players ie: Green, Mills, or Gasol.
    If you have a choice between middle to late lottery picks, or developing high draft picks like Brown or Tatum, you go with the latter. The problem with a lot of Philly's assets (Simmons, Fultz) is that they can't ing shoot. We already HAVE players who can't ing shoot. We don't need any more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have a choice between middle to late lottery picks, or developing high draft picks like Brown or Tatum, you go with the latter. The problem with a lot of Philly's assets (Simmons, Fultz) is that they can't ing shoot. We already HAVE players who can't ing shoot. We don't need any more.
    Fultz has hope to rediscover his shot. Unlike Simmons who doesn't even know which hand he should use.

Also Brown is nothing special in my eyes, nice role player that's it... I take Smart over Brown any day, at least he's elite at something.

Tatum is different but I still think best case Fultz is way better than best case Tatum.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fultz will never be anything more than a solid role player and he's nowhere close to that right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fultz will never be anything more than a solid role player and he's nowhere close to that right now.
    Yet hes nba talent.... lol nba

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Philly Gets LeBron you ca bet if Kawhi is healthy Ainge will trade Tatum in a heart beat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they trade Kawhi it's either Fultz or Doncic calling it now.

Tatum can't average 8 assists, Fultz can. Tatum is a great scorer but you don't trade Kawhi for the next Joe Johnson, you trade him for a shot at the next Harden/Ginobili.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they trade Kawhi it's either Fultz or Doncic calling it now.

Tatum can't average 8 assists, Fultz can. Tatum is a great scorer but you don't trade Kawhi for the next Joe Johnson, you trade him for a shot at the next Harden/Ginobili.
    Sadly, I don’t see a path to Doncic. Kawhi can just let it be known that he wont resign with PHX, ATL or whatever scrub team has the top 3 pick.

I do agree that folks are too dismissive on Fultz and probably are overhyping Tatum some (not saying he’s bad).
    Last edited by CGD; 05-13-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Thread Information