Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ew, no. People seem to forget that the Kings pick cannot be first overall.
    Can it be second overall?

I prefer a top 10 pick (that isn't the 1st) and Tatum, plus some other thing; than only the first pick in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can it be second overall?

I prefer a top 10 pick (that isn't the 1st) and Tatum, plus some other thing; than only the first pick in the draft.
    It can be second-overall, but of SAC earns the top pick, Boston would get Philly's pick instead, which is likely to be in the 20s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It can be second-overall, but of SAC earns the top pick, Boston would get Philly's pick instead, which is likely to be in the 20s.
    Which is why I'd demand the Grizzlies 1st in 19' as well as the Kings pick in 19'.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't money-ball the first-overall pick. Ignoring the fact that people are just assuming Phoenix would give up only the pick while Boston would give up Tatum-plus, you take the best asset you can get. Then you figure out if you want to move down from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather have the Kings pick, Tatum and something more.
    I wouldn't; Tatum and the Kings pick, even if its say 5-10 isn't as good as what PHX can offer, even if they weren't to include the #1 overall pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is why I'd demand the Grizzlies 1st in 19' as well as the Kings pick in 19'.
    Probably need to tack on the Clippers lottey protected pick in '19 as well. It isn't likely to convey (they'd have to make the playoffs in 2019 or 2020) but, still.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesn't matter if it's reasonable or not. all it takes is one player to look at the situation and say "man, the spurs did kawhi dirty, no way I wanna head there" for your move to backfire and hurt the organization long term. not to mention your plan involves us getting zero compensation for him leaving
    So instead of not coming because of the city and the market size free agents now won't come because of Kawhi?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Suns wouldn't give up the requisite assets for Irving because they knew he wouldn't re-sign, then why would they think differently in this situation?

I remain steadfast that I'll have to see to believe the Spurs not offering and Leonard not accepting the super max, but if for some reason(s) that doesn't come to pass, the Celtics and Lakers, in that order, should be considered the likely trade partners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So instead of not coming because of the city and the market size free agents now won't come because of Kawhi?
    would be an additional factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Suns wouldn't give up the requisite assets for Irving because they knew he wouldn't re-sign, then why would they think differently in this situation?

I remain steadfast that I'll have to see to believe the Spurs not offering and Leonard not accepting the super max, but if for some reason(s) that doesn't come to pass, the Celtics and Lakers, in that order, should be considered the likely trade partners.
    Supposedly, they were willing to give up the fourth-overall pick and Bledsoe for Irving, but when Jackson fell, they backed off. The rumor was they considered Josh the top talent and were surprised he fell. I'm not sure how they would value Leonard in relation to Irving, but they have enough assets to beat almost every other team while still not giving up most of their coveted assets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't; Tatum and the Kings pick, even if its say 5-10 isn't as good as what PHX can offer, even if they weren't to include the #1 overall pick.
    I don't know that Phoenix would but, I think they can put together the best package for Kawhi from the teams we are talking about (Cle, Bos, NY, Phx)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi does indeed want to live in Cali what is his real trade value? Lakers would be the best fit for both it seems. Lakers have a ton of talent. I wouldn't mind Kuzma, Randle, salary filler, plus picks for Kawhi at this point when he could leave in a year. If he signs the extension then asks for a trade then all sorts of possibilities open up but I doubt he does this because he wouldn't want to be in limbo on where he ends up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would Phoenix offer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't money-ball the first-overall pick. Ignoring the fact that people are just assuming Phoenix would give up only the pick while Boston would give up Tatum-plus, you take the best asset you can get. Then you figure out if you want to move down from there.
    I don't pay attention to college ball, who is the guy that the Spurs would draft with the number one pick? Is he a sufire sucess like a Duncan or could he be another Markell Fultz? Because if it's the latter case I would rather have Tatum (who pretty much was the 1st overall pick of last year's draft) and another lottery pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think Kawhi will be traded. I think he signs that DPE. He’s doing this so that what happened to Isiah Thomas doesn’t happen to him and to send a message to SA that he is not here to take less than the SuperMax so don’t try it.
    But that’s not a fun narrative for the national media to be running with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Carter is very close to Kawhi's group. Impact Sports represented Chris pretty much his whole career and still does.

I found it very interesting that Chris let the cat out of the bag saying, "Boston is for real and the deal is on the table. Lakers will be for real." and the Knicks too will be interested.
    Porzingis and their pick this year could be pretty good for starts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't pay attention to college ball, who is the guy that the Spurs would draft with the number one pick? Is he a sufire sucess like a Duncan or could he be another Markell Fultz? Because if it's the latter case I would rather have Tatum (who pretty much was the 1st overall pick of last year's draft) and another lottery pick.
    Doncic is most likely the #1, and he's basically a younger Ginobili. If the Spurs could get him, Bender/Chriss, and not ty salary filler (Tyson Chandler?) that would be a nice package.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic is most likely the #1, and he's basically a younger Ginobili. If the Spurs could get him, Bender/Chriss, and not ty salary filler (Tyson Chandler?) that would be a nice package.
    I think Jackson would be part of the package if they make an offer for Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Jackson would be part of the package if they make an offer for Kawhi.
    Not sure PHX would give that away to a chronically injured player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaren Jackson is a guy I like, as are Doncic and Ayton. To be honest, I don't know too much about the class, and if the choice were between the first-overall pick and the third-overall pick plus assets, I could be on the latter side easily. But I don't see any way PATFO would want to wait another year to pick their guy, especially considering the uncertainty of where the pick will fall and will be at whatever pick.

Ideally, the team knows what specific player they want for Kawhi and then draft that player as late as possible. Like if they want Jaren Jackson, they could guarantee getting him by trading for the first pick. But obviously, if Jackson falls to seventh, getting him and Love for Kawhi would just be better value, since they could send Love to Phoneix for like the 15th- and 31st-overall picks and just add those to their bullpen. But they wouldn't pass up on Jackson (or whomever) altogether just to get like two mediocre picks and Tatum

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure PHX would give that away to a chronically injured player.
    I don't think Phoenix goes after Kawhi..but if they decide to the offer has to start with the 1st plus Jackson. If they don't the other competing teams will be able to outbid them. At any rate, until the draft order is set we don't know the finer points of any deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaren Jackson is a guy I like, as are Doncic and Ayton. To be honest, I don't know too much about the class, and if the choice were between the first-overall pick and the third-overall pick plus assets, I could be on the latter side easily. But I don't see any way PATFO would want to wait another year to pick their guy, especially considering the uncertainty of where the pick will fall and will be at whatever pick.

Ideally, the team knows what specific player they want for Kawhi and then draft that player as late as possible. Like if they want Jaren Jackson, they could guarantee getting him by trading for the first pick. But obviously, if Jackson falls to seventh, getting him and Love for Kawhi would just be better value, since they could send Love to Phoneix for like the 15th- and 31st-overall picks and just add those to their bullpen. But they wouldn't pass up on Jackson (or whomever) altogether just to get like two mediocre picks and Tatum
    Ayton is clearly #1 pick IMO. But for the Spurs I’d go with Doncic cause he’s a great fit and style of play but tbh he does have bust potential if not put in right situation...although I think the Spurs would be the perfect fit

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly, they were willing to give up the fourth-overall pick and Bledsoe for Irving, but when Jackson fell, they backed off. The rumor was they considered Josh the top talent and were surprised he fell. I'm not sure how they would value Leonard in relation to Irving, but they have enough assets to beat almost every other team while still not giving up most of their coveted assets.
    I don't remember hearing it that way, but I'll take your word for it.

I could be wrong, but I'm still skeptical they'd give up the requisite assets, nor am I convinced they have the best ones and if it's relatively equal, you trade the superstar out of conference.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi does indeed want to live in Cali what is his real trade value? Lakers would be the best fit for both it seems. Lakers have a ton of talent. I wouldn't mind Kuzma, Randle, salary filler, plus picks for Kawhi at this point when he could leave in a year. If he signs the extension then asks for a trade then all sorts of possibilities open up but I doubt he does this because he wouldn't want to be in limbo on where he ends up.
    Spurs will do the Lakers zero solids. Kawhi, if moved, goes east or to a bull team in the west like PHX.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they don't give a where Kawhi wants to live. If a team from Mars offered a better trade package, RC better be getting on the phone with Elon Musk.

Thread Information