Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=23031388

At approximately the 29 minute mark . . .

"Well, you gotta include one of Tatum or Brown off the bat. You gotta include the Kings pick next year; that's your starting point. Now, the Spurs would probably say, we want both Tatum and Brown and the Celtics will not do it. But, you gotta part with one of 'em and I bet the Spurs would ask for Tatum. I bet their starting point for any negotiations would be Tatum and the Kings pick and let's go from there."

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    PATFO should jump on that tbh, before Kiwi's people say he only would resign in LA.

Kyrie + Taytum + 1st for Kiwi. Get it done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't worth a thread unless you can name (or speculate) on who leaked the offer to test market

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yuck Tatum and Brown are scrubs compared to Kawhi. And I'm the least Kawhi homer on the site. Would much much much rather go after proven guys in their prime like Lillard and McCollum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO should jump on that tbh, before Kiwi's people say he only would resign in LA.

Kyrie + Taytum + 1st for Kiwi. Get it done

C's would never answer Spurs call. Ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't Celts have the Memphis pick aswell? Why not ask for that instead plus Tatum?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=23031388

At approximately the 29 minute mark . . .

"Well, you gotta include one of Tatum or Brown off the bat. You gotta include the Kings pick next year; that's your starting point. Now, the Spurs would probably say, we want both Tatum and Brown and the Celtics will not do it. But, you gotta part with one of 'em and I bet the Spurs would ask for Tatum. I bet their starting point for any negotiations would be Tatum and the Kings pick and let's go from there."
    so goodbye

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do it. Kawhi has become a cancer to this franchise. I've never heard so much drama on national radio and TV shows about the Spurs like this season. You can tell the main staples of this team like Pop, Manu, Parker, and even LMA don't like dealing with this drama.

Get rid of him and bring in someone who ACTUALLY WANTS to play here.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You're getting Austin, Wes and DekkerPERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're getting Austin, Wes and DekkerPERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More Lowe ting on a plate and trying to find someone to eat it. Has there been any credible report that the Spurs like Tatum and would prioritize him over a high pick? I understand the desire to "replace" Kawhi with a young wing. But superstars aren't a "plug-n-play" kind of thing. If they go the prospect route, it needs to be the best overall player than project to get, not the most-hyped SF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Boston really want Hayward, Kawhi, and Kyrie all maxed out with horford at 27M? That alot of money and alot of injury risk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More Lowe ting on a plate and trying to find someone to eat it. Has there been any credible report that the Spurs like Tatum and would prioritize him over a high pick? I understand the desire to "replace" Kawhi with a young wing. But superstars aren't a "plug-n-play" kind of thing. If they go the prospect route, it needs to be the best overall player than project to get, not the most-hyped SF.
    No, but by all accounts he's Spurs material and they wouldn't prioritize him over a high pick, they'd receive both and then some.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, but by all accounts he's Spurs material and they wouldn't prioritize him over a high pick, they'd receive both and then some.
    A potential high pick in the future isn't the same thing as a high pick in the present. Sacramento won't be actively tanking next year. Even if they get a good enough pick, it will be in an undifferentiated draft and subject to all the uncertainty that entails.

As I've said before: If they truly think Tatum is a great prospect, that's fine. But they may not. And if they don't, then the Sac pick isn't enough to bridge the game with the Nets pick, for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last rumors were that Spurs turned down everyone that inquired about Kiwi by the trade deadline. Spurs organization was apparently very firm that he wasn't up for trade.

I think we have to consider scenarios like K described, meaning some FO are calling in favors to spin their own agendas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum + Rozier + Kings pick isn't terrible

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A potential high pick in the future isn't the same thing as a high pick in the present. Sacramento won't be actively tanking next year. Even if they get a good enough pick, it will be in an undifferentiated draft and subject to all the uncertainty that entails.

As I've said before: If they truly think Tatum is a great prospect, that's fine. But they may not. And if they don't, then the Sac pick isn't enough to bridge the game with the Nets pick, for example.
    True, but so will an '18 one. Granted, '19 is supposedly not expected to be a strong draft, but no matter the year or the number, uncertainty and risk is why a pick can't be the centerpiece of a package.

Of course they may not, but there's no reason to think they wouldn't and a lot would have to line up for trade of this magnitude. For example, even if they like Jackson better, it's highly unlikely the Suns would surrender the requisite assets because Leonard more than likely wouldn't stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj, Lowe, Simmons...All guys are too busy working for big markets teams. While people are so naive to believe they're true reporters/analysts

Why do they talk about Boston, LA? Why not Phoenix? Why only big markets involved?? I guess that Sarver b*tch isn't paying these guys properly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but so will an '18 one. Granted, '19 is supposedly not expected to be a strong draft, but no matter the year or the number, uncertainty and risk is why a pick can't be the centerpiece of a package.
    I don't mean "uncertain" because you never know how it will turn out. I mean that you don't know where you're going to pick or who will be there when you pick. If the Spurs trade Kawhi during the draft, it won't just be for a pick. It will be for whatever player they want. So if the Cavs get like the fourth pick and are willing to trade that for Kawhi, the Spurs can wait to see if Doncic or whomever falls before making the pick. Even if the Kings pick is first-overall or whatever, PATFO won't know who will be available there, who will go back to school, who will suffer a major injury in college.

While I think SA would have trades set up well before the draft, I don't think they'd pull the trigger on any trade not involving the first pick until after that pick comes up. In that way the "Brooklyn first" may not be able to be the centerpiece of a trade but Ayton could be, and he could be a much more persuasive centerpiece than Tatum or Jackson.

Of course they may not, but there's no reason to think they wouldn't and a lot would have to line up for trade of this magnitude. For example, even if they like Jackson better, it's highly unlikely the Suns would surrender the requisite assets because Leonard more than likely wouldn't stay.
    There are more pieces than just Tatum and Jackson. It could be Fultz they prefer more or Ingram or whomever. In the case of Philly, I can easily see the 10th pick this year being more valuable than the Kings pick. There are more potential packages from other teams too, but that would be getting into strong rehash territory go over again, and until/unless we know they're shopping Leonard, there's no need to go there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mean "uncertain" because you never know how it will turn out. I mean that you don't know where you're going to pick or who will be there when you pick. If the Spurs trade Kawhi during the draft, it won't just be for a pick. It will be for whatever player they want. So if the Cavs get like the fourth pick and are willing to trade that for Kawhi, the Spurs can wait to see if Doncic or whomever falls before making the pick. Even if the Kings pick is first-overall or whatever, PATFO won't know who will be available there, who will go back to school, who will suffer a major injury in college.

While I think SA would have trades set up well before the draft, I don't think they'd pull the trigger on any trade not involving the first pick until after that pick comes up. In that way the "Brooklyn first" may not be able to be the centerpiece of a trade but Ayton could be, and he could be a much more persuasive centerpiece than Tatum or Jackson.

There are more pieces than just Tatum and Jackson. It could be Fultz they prefer more or Ingram or whomever. In the case of Philly, I can easily see the 10th pick this year being more valuable than the Kings pick. There are more potential packages from other teams too, but that would be getting into strong rehash territory go over again, and until/unless we know they're shopping Leonard, there's no need to go there.
    I know, but more than likely the Kings pick is at least top 10 and there's a good chance it's top 5. More importantly, Tatum is clearly a foundational piece. That tandem is a lot more appealing than any one player in this draft, with no second significant asset because the Cavs don't have one.

Like I said, Jackson was just an example. The point is, there would be a lot of moving parts, so it would go beyond strictly what asset they like best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U guys are sick... Kawhi is injured... And u are blaming him for being injured... The Spurs doctors ended up agreeing with his... But u don't care... There is no friction that the media (which has an agenda) has been reporting... But u don't care... Kawhi does nothing but work his ass of for the team, and instead of having his back like his teammates do, u guys Bash him... Smh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum and Kings pick is not the starting point, Zach. Remember, this is the same team that almost legit offered FOUR first rounders for Justice Winslow...

So it’s Tatum/kings pick, plus the entire remaining Cs draft pick cubbord (which is really the Memphis and Clips picks). You peel back from there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics make the trade so they can go all in on the injury recovery team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum and Kings pick is not the starting point, Zach. Remember, this is the same team that almost legit offered FOUR first rounders for Justice Winslow...

So it’s Tatum/kings pick, plus the entire remaining Cs draft pick cubbord (which is really the Memphis and Clips picks). You peel back from there.
    He appears to have so obviously made a favor to Ainge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laughable unless Kyrie is part of the deal.

Thread Information