Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, again, if it takes growth just to beat this CLE team? How much growth to threaten GS? It’s possible and they would be justified in keeping their guys but right now healthy Kawhi is so much better than everyone but Bron, KD & AD/Harden

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Look, again, if it takes growth just to beat this CLE team? How much growth to threaten GS? It’s possible and they would be justified in keeping their guys but right now healthy Kawhi is so much better than everyone but Bron, KD & AD/Harden
    I agree. though he lacks the playmaking of HArden I take him over him too. Im just saying if I m celts i play the long game insted of the short one ... But If I am the Spurs and If KL is truly, unhappy you fleece celts for as many picks as possible plus Tatum or Brown. If im spurs I go hard first after Tatum settle on brown but insist they up the draft picks if they wont give up Tatum. Tatum sac pick and a salary is starting point as OP states ... but to accept Brown you fleece more picks from ainge even if you like brown like I do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tried to tell people. I love Tatum & Brown but Kawhi is a top 5 player. There is a gulf between them and who knows if they get to that level.
    Top 3 actually but yeah, I don't know why folks are acting as if we would be trading away a Derrick Rose or some like that.

If you don't get something for at least 1/8th of the price of a top 3, 26 year old player (which it would be Tatum, the Kings pick and something more) then you just wait it out and get Kawhi on the court to remind everyone just how much of a monster Kawhi is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only trade that makes sense for the celtics considering how deep their team is & how well they going in the playoffs is Kyrie for Kawhi. Ball dominant guard would ruin that chemistry and development they showing right now
    I would rather do that and get a draft pick to

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Top 3 actually but yeah, I don't know why folks are acting as if we would be trading away a Derrick Rose or some like that.

If you don't get something for at least 1/8th of the price of a top 3, 26 year old player (which it would be Tatum, the Kings pick and something more) then you just wait it out and get Kawhi on the court to remind everyone just how much of a monster Kawhi is.
    healthy, I agree. Obviously Lebron is #1 and I think durant is #2 but KL is #3 ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, on the floor, he has great BBIQ, he just a terrible GM. Like Jordan, like Magic... I think it's a a thing for GOAT players - they don't understand how the things that come so easy for them are so difficult for lesser players...
    agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron, Kawhi, Durant, Davis and Giannis are the only 2-way real superstars in the league, Harden is not close to that level as a basketball player (though he's one of the 30 greatest offensive players in history for sure)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rodney hood, tristan thompson, and george hill potential all stars

who else? larry nance?

also lol "jordan crawford"

when you cant even remember their names, you know they're scrubs
    That roster is way better than the Spurs. Spurs would gladly switch that roster. Pops would've won 50+ games even without Lebron and he wouldve beat those young celtics in 5. Lebron gets handed the most expensive roster year after year and then everyone is trash if they dont win. Duncan wouldve owned up to the defeats on his own. Just keeping it real. Lebron is great but dude has major flaws sometimes. Lebron should be judged on how many rings he can win period because the east just sucks. It's a given now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know about Tatum. Watching him and Brown in the playoffs I think Brown has a higher ceiling. He seems to drive the lane with more strength than Tatum. When Irving and Hayward return it’s gonna be crowded at the top there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know about Tatum. Watching him and Brown in the playoffs I think Brown has a higher ceiling. He seems to drive the lane with more strength than Tatum. When Irving and Hayward return it’s gonna be crowded at the top there.
    That's what I've been saying. They're paying Horford like $27M, and he's going to get 5 shots per game. There will be too many mouths to feed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    of course they have to many mouths to feed ...no way they can keep that team together for long ...it almost mandates a 3 for 1 type swap.

As for Brown vs Tatum ...
    Tatum has the pure stroke and is a good athlete ...
    Brown has elite athleticism but his jumper is not pure ...
    Doubt Boston parts with both though...so Spurs need to pick one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie and Hayward for Kawhi. Injured for injured. The only thing stopping the Celtics from crushing the Cavs with this current group is they can’t slow down Lebron. Kawhi takes care of that and puts them over the top. Throw in Pau to make the numbers work.

I can’t see how Ainge passes this deal up. Guaranteed Finals appearances with one simple stroke of the pen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a bit much.

But, that said, a healthy Kawhi is a game changer, and so it sucks people speculate on trading him for other team’s scraps and call that a good deal. If I’m the FO I’m working overtime to get this issue figured the fuq out.
    Last edited by Ed Helicopter Jones; 05-23-2018 at 06:37 AM.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    i leave thread for two days and dumb Spurfan talking about boston having to trade brown+tatum or kyrie and another piece to get Kawheelchair. spurfan never changes

mormon ainge hangs up the phone and tells PATFO good luck paying 40 million+ a year for a cripple

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i leave thread for two days and dumb Spurfan talking about boston having to trade brown+tatum or kyrie and another piece to get Kawheelchair. spurfan never changes

mormon ainge hangs up the phone and tells PATFO good luck paying 40 million+ a year for a cripple
    Too bad you weren’t here to moderate. This thread is all for fun anyway seeing as how Kawhi isn’t going anywhere, so we may as well speculate on the Kawhi for Durant possibility while we’re at it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Like i said you delusional asses are crazy to think Ainge giving yall Tatum and multipke loterry picks for Leonard ...not sure Ainge makes that trade straight up ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like i said you delusional asses are crazy to think Ainge giving yall Tatum and multipke loterry picks for Leonard ...not sure Ainge makes that trade straight up ...
    Why? Kawhi is better than all of Boston's players. Personally, I wouldn't trade Kawhi for any of them in any combination.

I hope the Spurs don't trade him at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF Kawhi is healthy, Ainge would be really stupid not to do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF Kawhi is healthy, Ainge would be really stupid not to do it
    I disagree. While a healthy Leonard is probably worth it, in today's nba having players at the caliber of brown and Tatum on rookie scale deals in ridiculously invaluable. I thought before the post season that Boston would probably do brown/Tatum +another piece + pick but after their young guns balled out I don't see them being moved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Kawhi is better than all of Boston's players. Personally, I wouldn't trade Kawhi for any of them in any combination.

I hope the Spurs don't trade him at all.
    exactly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Boston suck they can’t even beat the Cavs without Love time to blow it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people are sincerely forgetting that Boston reached the ECF without Kyrie and Hayward. They don't need to do anything, especially with Lebron possibly leaving Cleveland.

As for yesterday's game 7, I saw a Boston team & coach completely content with getting as far as they did. 39 three point attempts? That was ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people are sincerely forgetting that Boston reached the ECF without Kyrie and Hayward. They don't need to do anything, especially with Lebron possibly leaving Cleveland.

As for yesterday's game 7, I saw a Boston team & coach completely content with getting as far as they did. 39 three point attempts? That was ridiculous.
    If anyone said this about the Spurs, they’d be called a Pop suckers. Settling for a conference finals ouster? Hideous!

The reality is that while LeBron may leave Cleveland, I doubt he leaves the Leastern conference. When Boston gets Kyrie and Hayward back, they become a worse defensive team, and take shots away from the two youngsters. Neither of those two can average 25 points for a series, and hector LeBron the whole time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Boston lets Philly trade for Leonard/Walker and sign PG, they'll possibly miss out on even more Finals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not delusional at all considering Ainge has to be concerned about Lebron owning the Celtics especially this year with a Cav's team filled with scrubs. It's only going to get worse next year when Lebron forms his next super team in the east. As good as Tatum and Brown is it's still no guarantee that either of them will be a superstar. Also they can't put up resistance against Lebron on both ends of the court like Kawhi can. Kawhi when healthy is the only player that can actually cancel out Lebron's impact on the court. Ainge is a great GM but never underestimate the impact losing can have on a great GM when it comes to making the right moves. I remember way back in '99 Jerry West panicking during the regular season because it didn't look like the Lakers could get over the hump that year with their current core and ended up making a stupid trade in giving up Jones-Campbell for Glen Rice. That trade probably cost the Lakers the le that year since the Spurs could not beat the Lakers up until they got rid of Jones-Campbell.

I will tell you this the Spurs will not allow Ainge to low ball them. If they don't get what they want then no deal will happen which I'm fine with.

Thread Information