Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tarkenton had 240 lb 4.5 LBs after him? Just shut up you old melted pile of gristle.
    I made my statement about Cunningham. What do you disagree with? Great athlete, could throw the ball a mile, inconsistenty the downfall. You know I nailed it. Just shut up before I make you look as stupid as with your track knowledge.
    Stupid, why do you always talk about things you know...0...about?

Cunningham played 16 seasons, in that time he only had 47 passes over 40 yards, ok stupid? His average per pass.....7 yards. This is a homerun hitter, hahahaha~~~~~~

Dummy, Fran Tarkenton played at a time when defensive linemen were smaller and faster. You really don't get that?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Stupid, why do you always talk about things you know...0...about?

Cunningham played 16 seasons, in that time he only had 47 passes over 40 yards, ok stupid? His average per pass.....7 yards. This is a homerun hitter, hahahaha~~~~~~

Dummy, Fran Tarkenton played at a time when defensive linemen were smaller and faster. You really don't get that?
    No they were not faster than the LB and safeties today. Don’t be a complete idiot. No way Tarketon gets the time he got in the dinosaur days today, no fn way.

So you are telling me Randall Cunningham could NOT throw the ball LONG by his stats? He could heave it a mile, he just could not hit receivers which is exactly what I stated. All or nothing.

You dont know wtf you are talking about.
    Just like track. Because you are old you think you can refer back with nonsense and get away with it.
    You can’t. Don’t make me humiliate you again...

“Dallas should beat Carolina straight up, they don’t even need the points.” After an injured old Tony Romo is coming off of 4 days rest? Against a very good Carolina D. What was that score Avante? You don’t know about QBs.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The fast players today aren't as fast as the fast players from back in the day. One reason is these guys today knew football was their future early on so they put nothing into running faster. Back in the day actual track sprinters were coming to the NFL, a ton of former Olympic sprinters were in the NFL. We don't see that anymore.

No current RB comes close to Curtis ey when it comes to speed, he played back in the 70's, ran a 10.11. No wide receiver close to Bob Hayes who played in the 60's-70's. Hollywood Henderson a linebacker returned kickoffs. Darrell Green the fastest DB ever, he played in the 80's.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No they were not faster than the LB and safeties today. Don’t be a complete idiot. No way Tarketon gets the time he got in the dinosaur days today, no fn way.

So you are telling me Randall Cunningham could NOT throw the ball LONG by his stats? He could heave it a mile, he just could not hit receivers which is exactly what I stated. All or nothing.

You dont know wtf you are talking about.
    Just like track. Because you are old you think you can refer back with nonsense and get away with it.
    You can’t. Don’t make me humiliate you again...

“Dallas should beat Carolina straight up, they don’t even need the points.” After an injured old Tony Romo is coming off of 4 days rest? Against a very good Carolina D. What was that score Avante? You don’t know about QBs.
    Dude, are you re ed?

Did I not say....DEFENSIVE LINEMEN? Do you honestly believe these monsters today can run with Deacon Jones who was college sprinter? Stupid, don't you think the powers that be wouldn't shorten the drops to compensate for speedy backers, how stupid are you?

Stupid, Cunningham could throw a football two miles, ok dummy, but............how many times did he throw long, well?

Stupid, you know...0...about any of this. Why do you post on a football forum anyway?

Stupid, want me to talk about QB's your dumbass have never even heard of?

Post Count
    The fast players today aren't as fast as the fast players from back in the day. One reason is these guys today knew football was their future early on so they put nothing into running faster. Back in the day actual track sprinters were coming to the NFL, a ton of former Olympic sprinters were in the NFL. We don't see that anymore.

No current RB comes close to Curtis ey when it comes to speed, he played back in the 70's, ran a 10.11. No wide receiver close to Bob Hayes who played in the 60's-70's. Hollywood Henderson a linebacker returned kickoffs. Darrell Green the fastest DB ever, he played in the 80's.

So you are telling me because track guys played football in the dinosaur days, Fran Tarkenton would have time to run around looking forever for someone open?

You have just just produced one of the stupidest arguments of all time.
    I have told you this before, cease your stupidity before you dig yourself completely in.
    Stop.

Post Count
    Dude, are you re ed?

Did I not say....DEFENSIVE LINEMEN? Do you honestly believe these monsters today can run with Deacon Jones who was college sprinter? Stupid, don't you think the powers that be wouldn't shorten the drops to compensate for speedy backers, how stupid are you?

Stupid, Cunningham could throw a football two miles, ok dummy, but............how many times did he throw long, well?

Stupid, you know...0...about any of this. Why do you post on a football forum anyway?
    I dont give a fck what you said. The LBs, and safeties are they guys that are going to terminate running QBs. And they are infinitely faster and harder hitting. Fran Tarketon had slow white safeties like Ed Meador chasing him along with slow LBs.

Exactly what I said you idiot about Cunningham. You brought him up fck wad.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So you are telling me because track guys played football in the dinosaur days, Fran Tarkenton would have time to run around looking forever for someone open?

You have just just produced one of the stupidest arguments of all time.
    I have told you this before, cease your stupidity before you dig yourself completely in.
    Stop.
    Stupid, I'm telling you this, pay attention dummy.

Back in the day the athletes ran track, played basketball, football, ok? We don't see that like we used to, guys aren't doing other things if they have afootbal future.

WR Robert Woods was the nations top HS 400m sprinter, once at USC, there went track. Sammy Watkins was a Florida State 200m champ in HS, once at Clemson, there went track.

Tarkenton would run a different offense, but like Russell Wilson he'd still gain yards running, and only a total idiot wouldn't get that.
    Last edited by Avante; 05-09-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I dont give a fck what you said. The LBs, and safeties are they guys that are going to terminate running QBs. And they are infinitely faster and harder hitting. Fran Tarketon had slow white safeties like Ed Meador chasing him along with slow LBs.

Exactly what I said you idiot about Cunningham. You brought him up fck wad.
    Dude, what did LBers run the 40 in back in the days of Tarkenton, you haven't a clue do you?

Stupid, you said Cunningham was a HR hitter, right? Dude....how many HR's did he hit?

Is this idiot for real?

Post Count
    Stupid, I'm telling you this, pay attention dummy.

Back in the day the athletes ran track, played basketball, football, ok? We don't see that like we used to, guys aren't doing other things if they have afootbal future.

WR Robert Woods was the nations top HS 400m sprinter, once at USC, there went track. Sammy Watkins was a Florida State 200m champ in HS, once at Clemson, there went track.

Tarkenton would run a different offense, but like Russeel Wilson he'd still gain yards running, and only a total idiot wouldn't get that.
    Tarketon was 5 10” you flipping moron! He would not play QB.

Different times. Just stop it.
    You are an idiot.

Your WR track guys playing make no sense in this argument.
    How stupid are you?

Dont make me come back and and put my foot on your throat tomorrow.
    You know what it feels like.

Post Count
    Dude, what did LBers run the 40 in back in the days of Tarkenton, you haven't a clue do you?

Stupid, you said Cunningham was a HR hitter, right? Dude....how many HR's did he hit?

Is this idiot for real?
    You tell me what Jack Pardee ran the 40 in dumb .

Cunningham went longball or nothing with his passes you fool. Ineffective, no consistency.
    I guess I will be cracking your nuts again tomorrow.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You tell me what Jack Pardee ran the 40 in dumb .

Cunningham went longball or nothing with his passes you fool. Ineffective, no consistency.
    I guess I will be cracking your nuts again tomorrow.
    Stupid, how many linebackers today return kickoffs?

Stupid, talk to me about Cunningham's receivers, can you?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    YES, players are bigger and faster and stronger than ever right now. BUT......we don't see any cats now who could run with all those track/footballers from back when guys did both.

This draft didn't have anyone close to a Darrel Green, a Jacoby Ford, a Jamaal Charles.

Tarkenton would have bigger linemen today, he'd simply be another Russell Wilson.

Post Count
    YES, players are bigger and faster and stronger than ever right now. BUT......we don't see any cats now who could run with all those track/footballers from back when guys did both.

This draft didn't have anyone close to a Darrel Green, a Jacoby Ford, a Jamaal Charles.

Tarkenton would have bigger linemen today, he'd simply be another Russell Wilson.
    Wtf are you babbling about?

You halve completely cir vented the topic trying to make this a track discussion.

Tarkenton was 5 fn 10, he could not stand in the pocket, see, and be reliable. And his arm would be the worst in the league by far. You think you can talk about older players and just blithely get away with it. Wrong.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    He was able to perform and put up points despite it
    Yeah, but you were originally citing last year's Texans as an example of a mobile QB improving a bad O-line's stats. In reality, their O-line with Watson was significantly worse than the year before without him. Now you're moving the goalposts to say that the O-line still sucked but Watson performed in spite of it.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah, but you were originally citing last year's Texans as an example of a mobile QB improving a bad O-line's stats. In reality, their O-line with Watson was significantly worse than the year before without him. Now you're moving the goalposts to say that the O-line still sucked but Watson performed in spite of it.
    I don’t recall saying their stats improve

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    The most common misconception about scrambling QBs is that they mask O-line flaws, wherein reality, no O-line has ever statistically improved with one.
    houston with watson just last year tbh

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    then thats my bad for not clarifying in that post, though i think the rest of my posts afterwards would fill in that context

was referring to the "masking their flaws" part

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Wtf are you babbling about?

You halve completely cir vented the topic trying to make this a track discussion.

Tarkenton was 5 fn 10, he could not stand in the pocket, see, and be reliable. And his arm would be the worst in the league by far. You think you can talk about older players and just blithely get away with it. Wrong.
    Tarkenton was 6 feet tall and very special. He is STILL in the top 10 All Time with 342/45,003.

He was just as gifted a runner as Russell Wilson, who doesn't take big hits or tries to break tackles, he gets what he can then bails, which is what Tarkenton would do.

Stupid, you never saw the guy play did ya?

Here ya go amigo...

Francis Asbury Tarkenton is a former National Football League quarterback, television personality, and computer software executive. He played in the NFL for 18 seasons and spent the majority of his career with the Minnesota Vikings. Wikipedia

Born: February 3, 1940 (age 78 years), Richmond, VA
    Height: 6′ 0″**********

Post Count
    Tarkenton was 6 feet tall and very special. He is STILL in the top 10 All Time with 342/45,003.

He was just as gifted a runner as Russell Wilson, who doesn't take big hits or tries to break tackles, he gets what he can then bails, which is what Tarkenton would do.

Stupid, you never saw the guy play did ya?

Here ya go amigo...

Francis Asbury Tarkenton is a former National Football League quarterback, television personality, and computer software executive. He played in the NFL for 18 seasons and spent the majority of his career with the Minnesota Vikings. Wikipedia

Born: February 3, 1940 (age 78 years), Richmond, VA
    Height: 6′ 0″**********
    No way he was 6 feet tall.
    They do this with a number of players, especially from that time period 5 10”

And you seriously say he is Russell Wilson today?
    Seriously?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No way he was 6 feet tall.
    They do this with a number of players, especially from that time period 5 10”

And you seriously say he is Russell Wilson today?
    Seriously?
    Dude, find something that lists him at 5-10, I can show you a number of sources saying....6-0, yep. you're wrong yet again.

How many times have we heard....Fran Tarkenton, when Wilson plays? Dude, did you ever see Tarkenton actually play, well?

Post Count
    Dude, find something that lists him at 5-10, I can show you a number of sources saying....6-0, yep. you're wrong yet again.

How many times have we heard....Fran Tarkenton, when Wilson plays? Dude, did you ever see Tarkenton actually play, well?
    Tell me about Tarketon’s arm?

How many times have we heard, we heard? From who? People who don’t know . Tarkenton was short, rubber armed and liked to buy himself time to get receivers open by scrambling. He survived in NFL infancy. Well how long did George Blanca kick and play QB? NOT TODAY OLD MAN. This was not Roman Gabriel stand in the pocket with a gun. Wilson’s arm strength is giant compared to Tarkenton.

You know all of the above is true.
    Just keep hanging on a horrible example so I can put the noose around your neck.

This is what is great about Avante. The old man who thinks he knows all just because he is old, spreads himself thin, and traps himself in an ignorant example.
    Russell Wilson = Fran Tarkenton

No.
    Just... No.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tell me about Tarketon’s arm?

How many times have we heard, we heard? From who? People who don’t know . Tarkenton was short, rubber armed and liked to buy himself time to get receivers open by scrambling. He survived in NFL infancy. Well how long did George Blanca kick and play QB? NOT TODAY OLD MAN. This was not Roman Gabriel stand in the pocket with a gun. Wilson’s arm strength is giant compared to Tarkenton.

You know all of the above is true.
    Just keep hanging on a horrible example so I can put the noose around your neck.

This is what is great about Avante. The old man who thinks he knows all just because he is old, spreads himself thin, and traps himself in an ignorant example.
    Russell Wilson = Fran Tarkenton

No.
    Just... No.
    I'll try again, can you ever answer a ing question?

DID YOU EVER SEE TARKENTON PLAY??????????????

And, only a know nothing would call the 60's the NFL infancy. Stupid, the league was...40 YEARS OLD IN 1960....ok stupid?

Here ya go stupid.

Stupid, are you really dumb enought to not get the greatness of Fran Tarkenton? Dude, he is STILL ranked number 6 in TD passes and number 9 in yards. You don't get this at all so ta dummy?
    Last edited by Avante; 05-10-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Post Count
    I'll try again, can you ever answer a ing question?

DID YOU EVER SEE TARKENTON PLAY??????????????

And, only a know nothing would call the 60's the NFL infancy. Stupid, the league was...40 YEARS OLD IN 1960....ok stupid?

Here ya go stupid.

Stupid, are you really dumb enought to not get the greatness of Fran Tarkenton? Dude, he is STILL ranked number 6 in TD passes and number 9 in yards. You don't get this at all so ta dummy?
    So just in yardage, by your rankings, super Fran was better than:

Joe Montana
    Jim Kelly
    Steve Young
    Troy Aikman
    Dan Fouts
    Tony Romo
    Aaron Rogers
    Kury Warner... This list is huge...

When did Tarketon begin and end his career. Were the best athletes (black) even close to fully involved in the NFL You blithering idiot? Fran Tarkenton = Russell Wilson. You can’t be serious...

He was a quick little white guy who perfected the scramble to get out of the pocket and give time for receivers to get fully open so he could throw with his weak arm. The NFL lineman lacked the quickness during this time to catch him. It was flag football like.

And you know this description fits him very well if you even watched him.
    You have been fully exposed again with your old timers version of greatness.
    If you really wish to pick old timers that would play today go with Gale Sayers, Jim Brown.... these types of players.

I thank you for allowing me to expose you yet again by letting you box yourself into a corner, make a stupid statement, and defend it against all reason.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Stupid, none of those you mentioned could do what Tarkenton did, he was a better....athlete...than any of them with the exception of Steve Young. There is no doubt at all Tark could play right now. And where in the are you getting this weak arm bull ?

ONE MORE TIME....answer the ing question little guy, ok?

Did you ever see the guy play....WELL?????????

Add Bob Hayes to those who could play today, he would be the fastest receiver right now today.

Stupid, thinking the great Fran Tarkenton couldn't play today and do close to what he did shows everyone just how damn dumb you reaklly are. Not that there was any doubt. Ya don't know track or football.

So what's your take on USC sprinter Michael Norman? No clue who he even is, right?
    Last edited by Avante; 05-13-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Post Count
    Stupid, none of those you mentioned could do what Tarkenton did, he was a better....athlete...than any of them with the exception of Steve Young. There is no doubt at all Tark could play right now. And where in the are you getting this weak arm bull ?

ONE MORE TIME....answer the ing question little guy, ok?

Did you ever see the guy play....WELL?????????

Add Bob Hayes to those who could play today, he would be the fastest receiver right now today.

Stupid, thinking the great Fran Tarkenton couldn't play today and do close to what he did shows everyone just how damn dumb you reaklly are. Not that there was any doubt. Ya don't know track or football.

So what's your take on USC sprinter Michael Norman? No clue who he even is, right?
    No way in he was a better athlete.
    No way, no how...

Bob Hayes was one of the great long ball droppers but no denying he could get open. The speed kept him on the field, the hands did not.

Fran is exactly what I said he was. Weak armed and quick. His best position modern day would probably be a little slot receiver. Guys that get off the ball quickly without the break away speed.

Are you denying he had a weak arm? Now way he gets close to Wilson. He would not play QB today. Tell me his first and last year as a QB and tell me the % of black players in the league in each of those years? I dare you. You will embarrass your own arguments about black athletes.

Thread Information