Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    nobody here believes your , nobody ever has.
    Dude, so I was old enought to be in Olongapo in the 70's but not old enought to have seen all that football stuff, well?

So how old am I, well?

I didn't graduate HS in 1968? So when did I graduate?

So I didn't see O.J.Simpson run a 4x1 leg on his SFCC team in the mid 60's? I didn't see Cassius Clay win his Olympic gold medal in 1960? I never saw Gale Sayers at Kansas? Never saw Joe Belino at Navy? I never saw Jimmy Brown while at Syracuse?

Always have fun with the know nothings.

Avante....Bob Hayes is the fastest RB ever.
    Idiot...hey stupid, Hayes was a WR.
    Avante....do your homework son.
    Last edited by Avante; 05-14-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'm old enought to have been in the Viet Nam war but too young to remember football from the 60's, hahahahahaha~~~~~~~~~

Actually saw Namath shock the Colts right there on board the USS HORNE.

Matt Snell the real MVP.

Who can tell me his RB, he was a FB.

Funny watching people fighting this so damn hard, hahaha~~~~ Yep, we do have football fans over 30. , I saw all white teams from the SEC/SWC play, saw Jerry Levias dazzle once blacks started playing in those schools. I know.....Jerry Levias?????
    Last edited by Avante; 05-14-2018 at 03:08 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dude, so I was old enought to be in Olongapo in the 70's but not old enought to have seen all that football stuff, well?

So how old am I, well?

I didn't graduate HS in 1968? So when did I graduate?

So I didn't see O.J.Simpson run a 4x1 leg on his SFCC team in the mid 60's? I didn't see Cassius Clay win his Olympic gold medal in 1960? I never saw Gale Sayers at Kansas? Never saw Joe Belino at Navy? I never saw Jimmy Brown while at Syracuse?

Always have fun with the know nothings.

Avante....Bob Hayes is the fastest RB ever.
    Idiot...hey stupid, Hayes was a WR.
    Avante....do your homework son.
    I'm old enought to have been in the Viet Nam war but too young to remember football from the 60's, hahahahahaha~~~~~~~~~

Actually saw Namath shock the Colts right there on board the USS HORNE.

Matt Snell the real MVP.

Who can tell me his RB, he was a FB.

Funny watching people fighting this so damn hard, hahaha~~~~ Yep, we do have football fans over 30. , I saw all white teams from the SEC/SWC play, saw Jerry Levias dazzle once blacks started playing in those schools. I know.....Jerry Levias?????
    You're all ed up. You've said you lived in San Diego for 4 years while you were in the Navy but you said that you got out of the Navy in 1973. But you were at sea from 69-73.
    You graduated in 1968 and joined the Navy. You presumably had to go through Basic and A School. Your first duty was on the U.S.S. Bole. And yet you somehow ended up on the Horne to watch the 1969 Superbowl?
    So...to get this straight...within half a year, you completed all of your training, did time on the Bole, and then moved to the Horne?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You're all ed up. You've said you lived in San Diego for 4 years while you were in the Navy but you said that you got out of the Navy in 1973. But you were at sea from 69-73.
    You graduated in 1968 and joined the Navy. You presumably had to go through Basic and A School. Your first duty was on the U.S.S. Bole. And yet you somehow ended up on the Horne to watch the 1969 Superbowl?
    So...to get this straight...within half a year, you completed all of your training, did time on the Bole, and then moved to the Horne?
    Dude, your ignorance about how things work is on display here. I made four WESTPACS, my time was up during the last one. Had to be heloed, USS Ranger, shot off the Ranger, a C-5, a train, a bus, a 747 to Frisco, then another bus, walked in my parents home on Christmas morning. Yrp, just like in the movies.

I was stationed in San Diego but lived off base with a girlfriend in North Park. It was six months in port, six months out to sea for 4 years. Like any other job when in port, ya go home at night except duty night.

Not positive about when we decommed the Bole and I got orders for the Horne. Go ahead Google John A.Bole and find out when it was decommed. We lived in Hunters Point during that time in little huts. This is where I met Carlos Santana at a little bar.

Yep, I'm a S back, go ahead Google that since ya don't have a clue.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Dude, your ignorance about how things work is on display here. I made four WESTPACS, my time was up during the last one. Had to be heloed, USS Ranger, shot off the Ranger, a C-5, a train, a bus, a 747 to Frisco, then another bus, walked in my parents home on Christmas morning. Yrp, just like in the movies.

I was stationed in San Diego but lived off base with a girlfriend in North Park. It was six months in port, six months out to sea for 4 years. Like any other job when in port, ya go home at night except duty night.

Not positive about when we decommed the Bole and I got orders for the Horne. Go ahead Google John A.Bole and find out when it was decommed. We lived in Hunters Point during that time in little huts. This is where I met Carlos Santana at a little bar.

Yep, I'm a S back, go ahead Google that since ya don't have a clue.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dude, why do you act so damn dumb, really, so nobody was ever in the navy as if it's some big deal? X-HS footballer/sprinter who joined the navy because he promised his grandpa he would. All the men in my family....navy.

Dude, have you ever smiled?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Do you really think anyone is going to watch a 3 hour football game from the 70's just so they can make an argument on a messageboard? Dude, will you even take time to watch any video at all or Google anything? I seriously doubt the guy is watching full games and certainly not 20ish of them.

I grew up watching Tarkenton, Unitas, Starr, Jurgenson, Gabriel, etc. Saw all of them many many times. Trust me arm strenght was never an issue for Tarkenton. What was real obvious is that he could be a slot receiver, hahahaha~~~~~~
    Where do you think my arguments come from if I never saw him play?

Including the slot mentioning as most likely the best position now for Fran?

Do you know who John Ayers was?
    Do you know who Buck Landsford was?
    Last edited by pgardn; 05-14-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Post Count
    Avante is furiously Googling those names right now.

Post Count

I hope so.
    They got 3 things in common with relatives on mothers side of the family, her brother(my uncle) and my grandad. One deceased. They like(d) football as much as Avante’s grandma liked rasslin.
    Which will lead to how I know about Fran Tarketon.
    And Avante can find them.
    And find out the 3 things in common.
    And then... all find out opinions that don’t fit his opinions. But from much better sources.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How many times have I talked about ancient footballers? Dude, you really haven't picked up on my thing with football history? Right there on this desk.....THE OFFICIAL NFL ENCYCLOPEDIA. I have read the 545 pages more than once. There is NFL player I'm not aware of, I thought you knew that.

So I can be in Olongapo in the early 70s but not know that 60's football, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little man, I can talk footballers nobody here has ever heard of, and can prove it.

Let me turn to page 458, and te very first draft held on Feb 8 1936, there were nine rounds.

BOSTON

1.Riley Smith B. Alabama

Dude, will your dumbass ever figure out long time football geek/freak here?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Where do you think my arguments come from if I never saw him play?

Including the slot mentioning as most likely the best position now for Fran?

Dude, how old are you?

Are you serious about asking a guy OBVIOUSLY into history if he knows about players, come on guy. What about Ayers and Landsford?

And no Tarkenton could never play the slot, that's a dumn thought.

Post Count
    Dude, how old are you?

Are you serious about asking a guy OBVIOUSLY into history if he knows about players, come on guy. What about Ayers and Landsford?

And no Tarkenton could never play the slot, that's a dumn thought.
    Who were they? What do they have in common, 3 things.

Then the above will destroy your argument concerning Tarkenton till...~~~ sheesh complete ash.
    You know me Avante. You know what I have done to you in the past. Be careful. Very careful.
    You may have people much more knowledgeable than you slap you around again. I time these things, I don’t go after anything.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Who were they? What do they have in common, 3 things.

Then the above will destroy your argument concerning Tarkenton till...~~~ sheesh complete ash.
    You know me Avante. You know what I have done to you in the past. Be careful. Very careful.
    You may have people much more knowledgeable than you slap you around again. I time these things, I don’t go after anything.
    Dude, how many times do you need to be told this.....ANSWER THE QUESTIONS...well? Don't ignore what you are asked, ok?

So, how old are you, I'm 68.

Dude, talk WITH someone, not AT them, got it?

Post Count
    How many times have I talked about ancient footballers? Dude, you really haven't picked up on my thing with football history? Right there on this desk.....THE OFFICIAL NFL ENCYCLOPEDIA. I have read the 545 pages more than once. There is NFL player I'm not aware of, I thought you knew that.

So I can be in Olongapo in the early 70s but not know that 60's football, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little man, I can talk footballers nobody here has ever heard of, and can prove it.

Let me turn to page 458, and te very first draft held on Feb 8 1936, there were nine rounds.

BOSTON

1.Riley Smith B. Alabama

Dude, will your dumbass ever figure out long time football geek/freak here?
    Translation: you don't know who John Ayers and Buck Landsford were.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Translation: you don't know who John Ayers and Buck Landsford were.
    Dude, Ayers was an offensive lineman for my Niners, he played at West Texas State, Landsford also a lineman out of U of Texas who played with the Eagles anbd Rams.

Come on little man, why act stupid?

I bet I have a John Ayers football card, be right back. Wish I had a Buck Landsford card.
    Last edited by Avante; 05-16-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Post Count
    Dude, how many times do you need to be told this.....ANSWER THE QUESTIONS...well? Don't ignore what you are asked, ok?

So, how old are you, I'm 68.

Dude, talk WITH someone, not AT them, got it?
    I am much younger than you.
    How old is Buck Landsford ? and of course you know John Ayers is dead but would have been younger.
    3 things they have in common and it will lead into our discussion.

So many top 10s for Fran on so many lists.. good.
    Any top 5s?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I am much younger than you.
    How old is Buck Landsford ? and of course you know John Ayers is dead but would have been younger.
    3 things they have in common and it will lead into our discussion.

So many top 10s for Fran on so many lists.. good.
    Any top 5s?
    Look guy, you wanna talk to me then cool your bull , got it? How old are you, I won;t be talking to ya until ya tell me, got it.

Post Count
    Dude, Ayers was an offensive line for my Niners, he played at Texas, Landsford also a lineman out of West Texas State who played with the Eagles anbd Rams.

Wrong you turned their colleges around. But I'll help anyway.
    Texas kids. You got one.
    Im from Texas as well. Just like my Uncle and Grandad.

2 more to go? Gave you a big hint.

Post Count
    Look guy, you wanna talk to me then cool your bull , got it? How old are you, I won;t be talking to ya until ya tell me, got it.
    I see you are trying to get out of this hole now because you have been taken down before.

Fran is top 5 in interceptions, outdoing the other top 10 stats you gave.
    Typical omission by you.

Now you really want to get out... cry you don’t know how old I am like it matters.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I see you are trying to get out of this hole now because you have been taken down before.

Fran is top 5 in interceptions, outdoing the other top 10 stats you gave.
    Typical omission by you.

Now you really want to get out... cry you don’t know how old I am like it matters.
    Dude, just how dumb are you? I want to know your legit age because you aren;'t old enough to have seen Tarkenton as a Viking. THAT is what this is about.....DUH~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little man, you ask stupid track questions because ya don't really know the sport, ya ask stupid football questions because ya don't know the game. And I;m needing an out,........hahahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude, who will win the NCAA 200m sprint this season? You have no clue do ya guy?

Getting back to John Ayers, what position did he play in the 85 NFC Championship game?
    Last edited by Avante; 05-16-2018 at 11:19 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Right here in my hand a binder full of my Niner football cards, I own over 50,000 cards starting in 1956.

Page one

Across....Hugh McElhenny...Bob St. Clair....Joe Perry
    Across.....Abe Woodson....Y.A. tle...J.D.Smith
    Across....R.C.Owens....Leo Nomellini....Jim Johnson

A long time Niner fan who doesn;t know about John Ayers, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Count
    Right here in my hand a binder full of my Niner football cards, I own over 50,000 cards starting in 1956.

Page one

Across....Hugh McElhenny...Bob St. Clair....Joe Perry
    Across.....Abe Woodson....Y.A. tle...J.D.Smith
    Across....R.C.Owens....Leo Nomellini....Jim Johnson

A long time Niner fan who doesn;t know about John Ayers, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~
    And yet you wrote he went to Texas...
    So what do these two from different time frames have in common?

And it’s common to my Uncle and Grandfather.

Which get us to Fran and real football talk.

Not just some freak who can find things on the internet. Be careful. You know how I exposed your total misunderstanding of running the 200 and 400.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    And yet you wrote he went to Texas...
    So what do these two from different time frames have in common?

And it’s common to my Uncle and Grandfather.

Which get us to Fran and real football talk.

Not just some freak who can find things on the internet. Be careful. You know how I exposed your total misunderstanding of running the 200 and 400.
    First off lets see if you are actually old enought to have seen Tark play like ya said ya did. Dude, Tarks last season was 1978, he threw 32 INT's that year.

Let's say you were 10, ok? You'd have to be.....hmmmm?...50ish right? So how old are you? Dude, what is the big deal about your age, how ing old are ya, well?

I saw Tarkenton play his rookie season in 1961, I was born in 1949, yep...12ish.

Post Count
    First off lets see if you are actually old enought to have seen Tark play like ya said ya did. Dude, Tarks last season was 1978, he threw 32 INT's that year.

Let's say you were 10, ok? You'd have to be.....hmmmm?...50ish right? So how old are you? Dude, what is the big deal about your age, how ing old are ya, well?

I saw Tarkenton play his rookie season in 1961, I was born in 1949, yep...12ish.
    So who do we go with among posters. A guy who failed to mention a top 5 for Fran.... or... the guy who made him cough it up... hmmmm...

Landsford and Ayers...

Something very tight about these guys... My Grandad And Uncle
    Say, your Granny first showed you rassln. Yep...

So you basically got a 49ers lineman school wrong. But this Texas thing... You think these two played High School Football in Texas? Landsford And Ayers... ?

Post Count
    Dude, Ayers was an offensive lineman for my Niners, he played at West Texas State, Landsford also a lineman out of U of Texas who played with the Eagles anbd Rams.

I bet I have a John Ayers football card, be right back. Wish I had a Buck Landsford card.
    It took you that long to google the answers to pgardn's questions?

Thread Information