Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/...ing-Josh-Allen

Someone from Wilson's camp called the Seahawks and asked what it meant for Wilson that the team was scouting a quarterback expected to be among the top players taken in the 2018 NFL Draft, and asked "if there is anything we need to know."

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    wilson for pick 1 and 4, i'd do it in a heartbeat.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Last season the only way the Seahawks were compe ive at all was Russell Wilson. There he was running all over the place, who else could have done what he was doing, yep...nobody. Tom Brady....hahahaha~~~~ Wilson in the MVP talk.

I wish the Seahawks would make a trade, let everyone see just how big a difference Wilson made. And when he gets to his new team the world will see the difference he makes there. This is a rare and special talent, and if ya understand the game you see this.

I've listed all the historical impact he has made on the NFL, it just gets ignored. NFL records, NFL firsts and the only one. An amazing talent.

He's what 30?

If the guy can survive 2018 I expect to see him have his best season as far as stats goes. He'll be passing more than ever because he'll be behind more than ever.

Wilson's senior season at Wisconsin

72.8 comp%....Allen at Wyoming...56.3
    TD/INT...33-4...Allen 16-6
    QB rating...an NCAA record 191.8(at the time)....Allen 127.8

Oh yes, bring in Josh Allen, hahaha~~~~~~~~~~

Hmmmm? Sam Darnold at USC last season

comp %...63.1
    TD/INT...26-13
    QB rating...148.1

This won the Heisman, yep, Baker Mayfield.

comp %...70.5
    TD/INT...43-6
    QB rating...198.9

Not too different than what Wilson put up. And....Wilson rushed for more yards and scored more.(close)
    Last edited by Avante; 04-08-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Avante in meltdown mode because even Struggle's own team knows how overrated he is.

Post Count
    who else could have done what he was doing, yep...nobody.
    Yeah, you're right. Not many quarterbacks could miss the playoffs with that defense, but Struggle managed to pull it off.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Avante in meltdown mode because even Struggle's own team knows how overrated he is.
    Ya can't overrate NFL records, most wins ever in six seasons, NFL leading 110.1, 34Td's, how many pro bowls? MVP talk, highly ranked by his peers, NFL firsts.

Why you even talk QB's?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yeah, you're right. Not many quarterbacks could miss the playoffs with that defense, but Struggle managed to pull it off.
    Do you ever take a few minutes and actually look at things? Why did Wilson have another pro bowl season? Why was he in the MVP talk? Why will he be ranked in as one of the top 15 players last season?

Dude, why do you even talk QB's?

What those who actually know the game think,'

Russell Wilson was among the best QBs in 2017

Seattle fired its primary offensive coaches after the 2017 season, suggesting that the offense needs a major rebuild entering 2018. That may be true, though it must be noted that up until about week 13 Russell Wilson was a clear MVP candidate.
    His production in 2017 -- leading the league in touchdown passes and breaking the record for fourth-quarter TD tosses in a single season -- could potentially go underappreciated in a year Seattle missed the playoffs and his coaches got canned, but at least one publication is handing out the necessary props

In a ranking of the top quarterbacks from the 2017 season assembled by Bleacher Report's Mark Schofield, Wilson lands at No. 3, behind Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers and New England's Tom Brady.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude, why do you ignore my experience? Why would a Niner fan talk up a Seahawks QB, well? Dude, seen them all since Johnny U, why do you think I care about this at all, well?

We are seeing a once in a generation talent here and everyone who understands this game sees that. You can;'t because ya don't get the game at all, guy...Derek Anderson, Joe Flacco, Tom Savage, hahahaha~~~~~~~~

You know...0....about this stuff, ok?

Now do your stupid...chirp chirp....Avante melting down.....didn't read...bulll , because as usual you are 100% wrong.

What amazes me the most about you is you must be hearing, reading what everybody else says about Wilson, so ya just ignore it? I know I know, now Tom Savage is the best QB in Louisiana, PERIOD~~~~~~~ ing idiot.
    Last edited by Avante; 04-08-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No end to it....

NFL.com released its final Quarterback Index of the season, ranking the league’s starting signal-callers from best to worst. Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson finished at No. 5, an improvement of four spots from where he ended 2016.
    Who are the NFL's best quarterbacks?@greggrosenthal ranks them heading into Wild Card Weekendhttps://t.co/2lvIeqtMhX pic.twitter.com/OEgUfCk9Xd
    — Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) January 6, 2018

“The Seahawks’ offense was broken by the final month of the season, with Wilson’s penchant for running into pressure by holding the ball or leaving the pocket too early exacerbating the problem,” writes NFL.com’s Gregg Rosenthal. “This was bound to happen to an attack that relied on little besides shot plays and Wilson’s singular improvisational genius.
    “It’s an offense that asks Wilson to do too much, an offense that could use fresh coaching eyes before the weight of carrying the group wears on Wilson like it did late during his otherwise brilliant campaign.”
    Wilson finished the season having completed 339 of 553 passes attempted for 3,983 yards, 11 interceptions and a league-high 34 touchdowns. The quarterback also ran for 586 yards and three touchdowns.
    Wilson was bested by the Saints’ Drew Brees at No. 4, the Eagles’ Carson Wentz at No. 3, the Steelers’ Ben Roethlisberger at No. 2 and the Patriots’ Tom Brady, who took the No. 1 spot for the second straight season.

And it goes on and on....

Looking at it by their career

1.Tom Brady
    2.Aaron Rodgers
    3.Drew Brees
    4.Big Ben
    5.Russell Wilson

Post Count
    "The Seahawks' offense was broken by the final month of the season, with Wilson's penchant for running into pressure by holding the ball or leaving the pocket too early exacerbating the problem," writes NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal.

"But, but, it's everyone else's fault! Struggle should have won MVP!"

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    "The Seahawks' offense was broken by the final month of the season, with Wilson's penchant for running into pressure by holding the ball or leaving the pocket too early exacerbating the problem," writes NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal.

"But, but, it's everyone else's fault! Struggle should have won MVP!"
    As you ignored the rest....

“This was bound to happen to an attack that relied on little besides shot plays and Wilson’s singular improvisational genius."

See that word....genius?

Dude, notice how you totally ignored.....ranked number five? Another place having him at three?

What do you say about that, well? Why another pro bowl, well? Why MVP talk, well? Why will he be ranked in the top 15 players for 2017, well?

How about actually answering what I'm asking, can ya do it?

I remember saying something about Wilson winning the MVP award at the Pro Bowl a few years ago ,you.......hahahahahaha the Pro Bowl??. Then he doesn't do so well in some skills whatever at the Pro Bowl, now here you are. What happened to..hahahahahaha the Pro Bowl??

Dude, ya suck, ok?
    Last edited by Avante; 04-08-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Post Count
    Yeah, Struggle's a "genius" and a "top-five quarterback." That explains why his team is scouting Josh Allen.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yeah, Struggle's a "genius" and a "top-five quarterback." That explains why his team is scouting Josh Allen.

Dude....."Struggle?"

Let's see, he walked right in and took over......where is the struggle?

He has set NFL records, has NFL firsts, winningest QB in NFL history after six seasons.....where is the struggle?

Hasa ton of $$$$$$.......a struggle?

Foxy wife.....a struggle?

Everybody who knows football has him among the top 4-6 QB's the NFL.....a struggle?

Dude, where is this "struggle"?

Josh Allen wouldn't make a zit on the ass of Russell Wilson and everybody knows this.

Dude, show us all where we see a..."struggle"....can ya do it?

Post Count
    Evidently, the Seahawks disagree with you on that.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Evidently, the Seahawks disagree with you on that.
    No they don't.

Pay attention little man.

There are two seasons left on Wilson's contract, there is a chance they won't be able to afford what Wilson (teams will pay HUGE $$$$ to get this stud) wants so they need a back up plan.

There is noway we will ever see Allen play over Wilson. What this is about is paying a rookie contract vs a mega$$$$$$ contract. In case ya haven't noticed the Seahawks are in a rebuilding movement. Now think, ya can do this.

Dude.......if Wilson does move on watch how valuable he will be to another team, watch the bidding war, which will tell you how highly thought of this guy is by those who understand the game.

Dude, why do you even talk this stuff, ya don;t get any of it, ever.

TOM SAVAGE THE BEST.....hahahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Count
    If Struggle was the amazing franchise QB you claim he is, the Seahawks would do whatever salary-cap magic needs to be done to give him big money, without hesitation. They would not be scouting any of the top quarterback prospects in this draft.

The Seahawks are in a rebuilding movement now? Again, if Struggle was as great as you hype him up to be, a rebuild would be impossible and unnecessary, because he'd be winning too many games for a high draft pick and elevating the play of everyone around him.

Spin it however you want, but the Seahawks clearly do not agree with your slurping of Struggle Wilson.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If Struggle was the amazing franchise QB you claim he is, the Seahawks would do whatever salary-cap magic needs to be done to give him big money, without hesitation. They would not be scouting any of the top quarterback prospects in this draft.

The Seahawks are in a rebuilding movement now? Again, if Struggle was as great as you hype him up to be, a rebuild would be impossible and unnecessary, because he'd be winning too many games for a high draft pick and elevating the play of everyone around him.

Spin it however you want, but the Seahawks clearly do not agree with your slurping of Struggle Wilson.
    I just go with his accomplishements, I don't hype him, I simply post what he's done.

Do you really need to see that long list of NFL first, records, never seen before?

So what will you say when a team does offer the guy HUGE $$$$$, well? When we see a number of teams trying to land him, then what?

Dude, I'm not the one voting him into five pro bowls in six seasons, I don't vote on him being a top 20 player in the NFL. I;m not the one ya hear on TV.....he's magical...only Russell Wilson makes that play.....this is ridiculous......you've heard it.

Everyone but you raves about this guy, why ya can't see it tells us why.....TOM SAVAGE THE BEST...hahahahaha~~~~~~~~

Big picture: The Seahawks' current regime is batting 1.000 when it comes to drafting quarterbacks. OK, that's partly because Wilson is the only quarterback to be drafted since coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider arrived in 2010. No one would have predicted that given Schneider's upbringing under longtime Packers executive Ron Wolf, who routinely drafted quarterbacks even with Brett Favre entrenched as Green Bay's starter. The Seahawks swung and missed badly when they traded for Charlie Whitehurst in 2010, then they signed Matt Flynn in 2012, giving him what turned out to be $8 million for one season in which he attempted all of nine passes in mop-up duty. That's because Wilson, drafted 75th overall a month after Seattle signed Flynn, beat him out for the starting job. One Super Bowl le, another Super Bowl appearance and five playoff berths later, Wilson's ascension to one of the NFL's top quarterbacks has taken the sting out of the Whitehurst and Flynn missteps.
    The game plan: With two seasons left on his contract, Wilson is likely a year away from an extension that could easily top $30 million per season. Anything can happen, but the assumption is that the Seahawks will bite that bullet and pay up. In the meantime, Wilson will have a new offensive coordinator (Brian Schottenheimer) and a new position coach (Dave Canales), marking the first changes he's had at either position in his career. The hope is that those fresh voices will help coax more even performances from Wilson and push his buttons in a way that will get the most out of him. Backup quarterback is a question mark. Boykin is the only one under contract for 2018, and he was so shaky over his first two seasons that it would take a massive jump in Year 3 to envision the Seahawks' offense being in good hands if Seattle needed him to step in for any extended action. Davis, last year's backup, has played for Schottenheimer, making that a potentially good fit. If the Seahawks don't bring him back, another name to keep in mind is Kellen Clemens, a free agent who has extensive experience with Schottenheimer.

Dude, as of right now the Seahawks don't have a legit backup QB, now think what that would do for any QB/agent trying to negotiate a contract. You have no choice but to pay whatever the guy wants because you have nobody else.

THINK...ok?

Whats going to really be funny is watching your dumbass if Wilson did land somewhere else and how that team immediately got far better. Then what?

Clipper Nation, why is it you never ever address......why does this guy keep landing in pro bowls and ranked high by the players? ANSWER THE QUESION.....ok?
    Last edited by Avante; 04-08-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    1. Aaron RodgersA. Rodgers, 2005-2017 149 4,895 3,188 65.1 38,502 78 313 93t 103.8
    2. Russell WilsonR. Wilson, 2012-2017 96 2,834 1,815 64.0 22,176 56 161 80t 98.8
    3. Tom BradyT. Brady, 2000-2017 253 8,805 5,629 63.9 66,159 160 488 99t 97.6
    4. Tony RomoT. Romo, 2005-2016 150 4,335 2,829 65.3 34,183 117 248 85t 97.1
    5. Steve YoungS. Young, 1985-1999 169 4,149 2,667 64.3 33,124 107 232 97t 96.8
    6. Drew BreesD. Brees, 2001-2017 250 9,294 6,222 66.9 70,445 228 488 98t 96.7
    7. Peyton ManningP. Manning, 1998-2015 266 9,380 6,125 65.3 71,940 251 539 86t 96.5
    8. Philip RiversP. Rivers, 2004-2017 196 6,492 4,171 64.2 50,348 166 342 81t 94.8
    9. Ben RoethlisbergerB. Roethlisberger, 2004-2017 200 6,493 4,164 64.1 51,065 174 329 97t 94.0
    10. Kirk CousinsK. Cousins, 2012-2017 62 2,096 1,372 65.5 16,206 55 99 81t 93.7

That is up to date, all time NFL QBR.

How could anyone not get this?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    kirk cousins is better than joe montana

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    kirk cousins is better than joe montana
    Updated through the 2017 season.[2][3]
    Rank Quarterback Rating
    1 Aaron Rodgers 103.8
    2 Russell Wilson 98.8
    3 Tom Brady 97.6
    4 Tony Romo 97.1
    5 Steve Young 96.8
    6 Drew Brees 96.7
    7 Peyton Manning 96.5
    8 Philip Rivers 94.8
    9 Ben Roethlisberger 94.0
    10 Kurt Warner 93.7
    Kirk Cousins
    12 Matt Ryan 93.4
    13 Joe Montana 92.3
    14 Chad Pennington 90.1
    15 Matt Schaub 89.1
    16 Colin Kaepernick 88.9
    17 Andy Dalton 88.7
    18 Matthew Stafford 88.3
    19 Carson Palmer 87.9
    20 Daunte Culpepper 87.8

The thing that gets missed that I keep harping on is where Wilson is at with only six NFL seasons vs the others when that was all they had. Wilson is on a whole other level than most.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    yep. cousins better than joe montana

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    TD/INT
    Rushing yards
    Comp %
    Playoff success
    Passer rating

With only six seasons of NFL experience. Who did it better than Russell Wilson?

It;s....

Rookie....he ain't no Tom Brady, he ain't no Peyton Manning.
    Avante....look at where they were with just six NFL seasons vs where Wilson is at.
    Rookie......never to be heard of again.

Wilson a far better athlete than either Brady or Manning, and as of right now superor at the same stage of a career.

Next Generational Quarterback

Healthy for first time since 2015, Russell Wilson is back doing Russell Wilson things averaging more than 20 fantasy points per game. While Wilson is running less than he did early in his career, he remains top-5 in rushing yards among NFL quarterbacks. Now a savvy 28 years old, Wilson’s success is primarily derived from his arm, evidenced by a top-10 ranking in numerous key efficiency metrics on PlayerProfiler.com.
    Metric Value Rank
    Money Throws 17 #1
    Adjusted Yards Per Attempt 4.7 #5
    Total QBR 60.0 #6
    True Passer Rating 105.1 #8
    Fantasy Points Per Dropback 0.47 #9

Wilson has been part man, part machine since he entered the league, excelling both as a runner and a passer. Disregarding his injury-plagued 2016 campaign, Wilson posted a +15.0 or higher Production Premium, a 95.0 or higher passer rating, and a 65.0 or higher Total QBR from 2012 to 2015. Efficient passing combined with tactical scrambling pleases the fantasy gods and raises Wilson’s ceiling to 25 or more fantasy points per game.
    Last edited by Avante; 04-09-2018 at 02:06 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I get this....mess with Avante,,,,but looking stupid just to...mess with Avante., hahaha~~~~

You cannot watch a Seahawks game and not....wow...over Russell Wilson. You will hear the TV guy.....how he did that?.....only Russell Wilson can do that.......simply magical.

Anyone saying no that isn't the case is a liar.

So much of this sort of thing....

Home / Sports /
    Can Russell Wilson Be the Best NFL Quarterback Ever?

Last edited by Avante; 04-09-2018 at 02:41 AM.

Post Count
    You cannot watch a Seahawks game and not....wow...over Russell Wilson.
    Agreed. When you see Struggle lose 20 yards by scrambling around aimlessly in the backfield and throwing the ball backwards out of bounds, all you can say is "wow."

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Agreed. When you see Struggle lose 20 yards by scrambling around aimlessly in the backfield and throwing the ball backwards out of bounds, all you can say is "wow."
    Just how damn stupid are you?

Want me to post his highlights video again showing TONS of ..WOW...that you always just ignore?

Stupid, have you ever seen the guy play at all?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Time to dump that scrub Tom Brady.

Patriots' 2018 draft picks: Lamar Jackson firmly in play with two first-rounders

Exact same situation there, find somebody to school in case Wilson/Brady are gone in a couple seasons. , how obvious does it get?

Thread Information