Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony is done.

I remember when Hakeem appeared done, and how sad I thought it was that a once dominant player suddenly looked so pedestrian on the court. Even for a player that I hated to see beat my Spurs I wanted him to be remembered for his greatness...not as a guy who hung around way too long. Recently I went back and looked at Hakeem's numbers his final season, and he actually put up decent numbers compared to what Tony is doing now. The fact that TP wants to play three more years is unbelievable to me. Whatever legacy he has will be ruined if he sticks around simply to average 3 points and an assist on 30% shooting the next 3 years. Personally I hope he sees the writing on the wall and hangs it up soon. And I love Parker, but his career, sadly, appears to be over. For the good of the Spurs and his own legacy he needs to do the right thing and give up that roster spot. Tim knew when he was done. Tim could have probably still played 50 games a year and kept going, but he knew it was time.

The Spurs may have to shut Tony down if he can't see it himself.
    I think they are trending that direction. The switch to Murray starting, Parker's diminished minutes, rarely closes games...the rotation is slowly moving away from him, and eventually he could be obsolete in it.

My concern is that Tony has stated in a couple interviews that even after recovering from his injury, his "body won't be 100% until another year". I think he still believes he is on the comeback trail when he probably should be riding off into the sunset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP I highly doubt can turn it on. He will be solely reliant on his jumper to go down which looks so off.

Danny is a gamer and will be there. Also, with literally ZERO guys on the team that can create off the dribble it’s not shocking to see Danny struggle. He’s had to take worse shots and create his own shots. Danny is not a primary creator but he’s had to try. If he was a secondary creator he would be fine but that’s not the case.

Just have to hope they can get some transition opportunities with Murray pushing

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's looked hurt for a while, but still, I can't remember ever seeing a player forget how to shoot at this level..he wasn't just a good shooter, he used to be among the elite in the league for years and one of the best playoff shooters of all-time..now he can't make anything, it's puzzling..

Outside of the 2016 playoffs and last year vs. the Rockets, it's been mostly below average to above average shooting for 3 years..
    Casualty of the death of The Beautiful Game. Fifty Mills and Gasoft aren't creating the shots for him that Parker when he had speed, Ginobili, Duncan, Diaw, and Splitter were getting him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP I highly doubt can turn it on. He will be solely reliant on his jumper to go down which looks so off.

Danny is a gamer and will be there. Also, with literally ZERO guys on the team that can create off the dribble it’s not shocking to see Danny struggle. He’s had to take worse shots and create his own shots. Danny is not a primary creator but he’s had to try. If he was a secondary creator he would be fine but that’s not the case.

Just have to hope they can get some transition opportunities with Murray pushing
    Danny can't have excuses.
    I hope he has the heart of a champ in the playoffs. No excuses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s reality, not excuses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With TP just have to hope he was somewhat coasting in a long season returning from a horrific injury. I believe in TP but even though he’s battling that injury may have zapped him. Look at Kawhi who can’t even play with a lesser version of the injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s reality, not excuses.
    It's excuses. If he's not a good fit for this current team then he has to go. Quite simple. team changed around him and he can no longer do want he did then he's not a starter for this team etc. You can't have excuses. It underscores the point that others made which you objected to, that they need a more offensively talented SG than Danny is... And in that case I would be against standing pat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team didn’t change; Kawhi, the only off the dribble creator got hurt the entire season. With Kawhi healthy and other moves made Danny would be fine especially with his offensive improvement handling the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team didn’t change; Kawhi, the only off the dribble creator got hurt the entire season. With Kawhi healthy and other moves made Danny would be fine especially with his offensive improvement handling the ball.
    Danny has been in a few years slump, it's only worse now bc his usage is up. You overrate his improved ballhandling when his shooting is a lot worse. I understand homers but I am of the kind of let's hope for the best--homer, not of the kind that says let's be blind.

That said I hope Danny has a good playoffs, eats this thread for dinner and ignores excuses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    danny needs to be put into rhythm first. His minutes have not been consistent enough for him to do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am going to have to pump those spursforsix threads about the Phoenix to pump Tony up!!

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More excuses.

Danny is getting WIDE OPEN looks and missing them. Kawhi or not, open looks are open looks. Let's not act like he's forcing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    danny needs to be put into rhythm first. His minutes have not been consistent enough for him to do that.
    I don't disagree that this is hurting him too. Even if it's just because it's causing him to check out mentally. Pop had irrational confidence in Patty, and Mills is sort of delivering. It's not like Green hasn't shot well for stretches this year. Whether he should be replaced in the summer is it's own deal, but if it's possible to get another 2016 playoffs out of him, doing so is a huge priority.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony has look deflated ever since he realized Kawhi quit on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree that this is hurting him too. Even if it's just because it's causing him to check out mentally. Pop had irrational confidence in Patty, and Mills is sort of delivering. It's not like Green hasn't shot well for stretches this year. Whether he should be replaced in the summer is it's own deal, but if it's possible to get another 2016 playoffs out of him, doing so is a huge priority.
    mills has consistently been the worst player on the field imo..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More excuses.

Danny is getting WIDE OPEN looks and missing them. Kawhi or not, open looks are open looks. Let's not act like he's forcing
    That’s exactly what he’s doing. Not only that, he’s taking more shots inside off the dribble which is exceedingly more difficult for all nba players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny pulling up off the dribble for a 3 pointer is the worst. I get pissed every time he does that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony has look deflated ever since he realized Kawhi quit on them.
    I disagree. Tp has not looked any different even after the newest news on Kawhi. It’s more that TP is older, coming off a really bad injury and it’s taken it’s toll (as expected).

I mean, this is an injury that has kept Kawhi out all year. TP is playing after a worse version of the injury and you see how it can limit someone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. Tp has not looked any different even after the newest news on Kawhi. It’s more that TP is older, coming off a really bad injury and it’s taken it’s toll (as expected).

I mean, this is an injury that has kept Kawhi out all year. TP is playing after a worse version of the injury and you see how it can limit someone.
    I agree this is why I'm saying this season is a bit premature to call him done entirely, next season will be a good indicator of what dude has left after all those years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree this is why I'm saying this season is a bit premature to call him done entirely, next season will be a good indicator of what dude has left after all those years
    I think the issue is that even before the injury, outside of the MEM series, he had not really been a positive. Of course I’m hopeful and love TP as an all time great PG (not just Spurs), but I really don’t know how much he has left.

Im just hoping for one or two solid playoff spurts where he helps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lack of rhythm excuse for green, but inapplicable to davis...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the issue is that even before the injury, outside of the MEM series, he had not really been a positive. Of course I’m hopeful and love TP as an all time great PG (not just Spurs), but I really don’t know how much he has left.

Im just hoping for one or two solid playoff spurts where he helps.
    yeah by what left I mean 15 mn off the bench.. the problem is before injury he was sill playing in SL, I'd like to see him a full season on a vet role, limited minutes with the second unit.. in that conditions I think he can be valuable for the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP is a walking miracle if his injury was 100x worse than Kawhi's. I'm surprised he can wipe his ass tbh.

If TP's heroic play is a sign of things to come for Kawhi, then I can't wait for PATFO to give Kawhi the supermax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP is a walking miracle if his injury was 100x worse than Kawhi's. I'm surprised he can wipe his ass tbh.

If TP's heroic play is a sign of things to come for Kawhi, then I can't wait for PATFO to give Kawhi the supermax.
    that's indeed worrisome tbh... oh boy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both are playing and doing their best unlike a certain franchise player, from there even if they were shooting 0% they are ok in my books earning their salary unlike a certain franchise player
    You sound like RC.

PATFO used Kawhi's ankle as excuse to keep Patty, Pau, Manu..."This team is a contender, just Zaza happened"

In this next offseason, PATFO be like "Kawhi ruined it all, we're still a contender. We're gonna re-sign Parker, Manu'll play other season..."

It doesn't matter if our shooters can't shoot a , or backcourt's lack of talent...You're gonna hear Kawhi name again

This season.."Danny has a higher usage that's why he's forcing shoots because Kawhi isn't there" Last season the same guys said "Danny's shooting poorly because his low usage, Kawhi's too dominant"

The same with LMA. Last season...He didn't feel comfortable cause "Kawhi's too dominant" When Kawhi wasn't playing against GSW..."LMA gets triple-double without Kawhi on court"

Since Kawhi was/is holding them back...About time to win a ring without him this year.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 04-10-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Thread Information