Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sounds like RC.

PATFO used Kawhi's ankle injury excuse to keep Patty, Pau, Manu..."This team is a contender, just Kawhi's injury happened"

In this next offseason, PATFO like "Kawhi ruined it all, we're still a contender. We're gonna re-sign Parker, Manu'll play other season..."

It doesn't matter if our shooters can't shoot or backcourt's lack of talent...You're gonna hear Kawhi name again

This season.."Danny has a higher usage that's why he's forcing shoots because Kawhi isn't there" Last season the same guys said "Danny's shooting like because his low usage, Kawhi's too dominant"

The same with LMA. Llast season...He didn't feel comfortable cause "Kawhi's too dominant" When Kawhi wasn't playing against GSW..."LMA gets triple-double without Kawhi on court"

Since Kawhi was/is holding them back...About time to win a ring without him this year.
    I sound like RC ?

your post does not make any sense

at the end of the day, Manu, Patty, Tony, LMA even fathead are trying, battling age, injuries and adversity to get the Spurs in the PO while your boy don't even bother doing some cheering from the bench. Kawhi Leonard, I can take a whole season wasted to make sure he heals, I can even take Spurs giving him supermax but him not bothering of showing a bit of support to his team mates I can't, him for that. He is acting like an immature kid, so him and his uncle can go themselves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sound like RC ?

your post does not make any sense

at the end of the day, Manu, Patty, Tony, LMA even fathead are trying, battling age, injuries and adversity to get the Spurs in the PO while your boy don't even bother doing some cheering from the bench. Kawhi Leonard, I can take a whole season wasted to make sure he heals, I can even take Spurs giving him supermax but him not bothering of showing a bit of support to his team mates I can't, him for that. He is acting like an immature kid, so him and his uncle can go themselves
    You sound like RC because this willl be his excuse in the summer "at least Manu Parker Patty Pau tried...keep them all"..They stood pat for two consecutive trade deadlines ..Summer moves to sign only unplayable guys against elite teams.

Do they need a situation like this about Kawhi to make a trade in the offseason/next deadline? What a waste of time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sound like RC because this willl be his excuse in the summer "at least Manu Parker Patty Pau tried...keep them all"..They stood pat for two consecutive trade deadlines ..Summer moves to sign only unplayable guys against elite teams.

Do they need a situation like this about Kawhi to make a trade in the offseason/next deadline? What a waste of time.
    Huh? They stood pat? They signed Rudy Gay. They tried actively to trade for Kyrie. Something not happening does not equal standing pat. You have to have plan B, C, D, etc...You cant force teams to trade with you or players to sign with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s exactly what he’s doing. Not only that, he’s taking more shots inside off the dribble which is exceedingly more difficult for all nba players.
    I'd agree with you taht some of his shots are forced, but he definitely has struggled on wide open looks too. Its not just quality of shots with Danny. I always defend the dude, but his shooting is really poor this year even when hes wide open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This team would be better than the one we had in the WCF last year if Kawhi simply was here. The idea that they stood pat and that there was some master trade to be made that was going to replace a top 5 player in the league is really just ing stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd agree with you taht some of his shots are forced, but he definitely has struggled on wide open looks too. Its not just quality of shots with Danny. I always defend the dude, but his shooting is really poor this year even when hes wide open.
    Not defending it really, just providing context. For shooters like Danny, they rely on spacing and catch and shoot. As he’s been asked to do more and things have gotten more crowded it’s impacted everything. He’s off on the open one’s, no doubt. But I think the other stuff played a role in that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? They stood pat? They signed Rudy Gay. They tried actively to trade for Kyrie. Something not happening does not equal standing pat. You have to have plan B, C, D, etc...You cant force teams to trade with you or players to sign with you.
    This team would be better than the one we had in the WCF last year if Kawhi simply was here. The idea that they stood pat and that there was some master trade to be made that was going to replace a top 5 player in the league is really just ing stupid.
    Rudy is starting to look good but he's not the offseason move I expected after GSW swept them. I expected some backcourt's upgrade, a reliable shooter, a true scoring guard.

If they couldn't sign Kyrie, I don't blame them. Ainge is hard to convince and the Spurs didn't have assets to make a good offer for him...But he's an expensive All Star, RC could have found shooters/scoring guards for less

Also, Joff isn't an upgrade over Dedmon defense.

While "a master trade" is stupid for you, teams do it all time. This is how superteams are built.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy is starting to look good but he's not the offseason move I expected after GSW swept them. I expected some backcourt's upgrade, a reliable shooter, a true scoring guard.

If they couldn't sign Kyrie, I don't blame them. Ainge is hard to convince and the Spurs didn't have assets to make a good offer for him...But he's an expensive All Star, RC could have found shooters/scoring guards for less

While "a master trade" is stupid for you, teams do it all time. This is how superteams are built.
    Your bias is showing here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your bias is showing here.
    Against who? Our guards? I've been saying this in last two years. It's not new.

Again, this is a perimeter-oriented league, a team can't be a contender without elite guards.

Backcourt upgrades means to go faster, younger, more talented.

Look at Cavs, they lost an elite guard while kept their strong Bron-Love frontcourt. They're .

If you don't agree about the need of better guards on this team...I can't help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No no. Not that. The part about supertrades. SA tried with Kyrie hard. What do you want?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No no. Not that. The part about supertrades. SA tried with Kyrie hard. What do you want?
    I want if a "supertrade" wasn't working, they get other decent pieces.

They added Rudy and Joff. Again, Gay's fine, can make an impact, but he's not the guard-upgrade this team needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lack of rhythm excuse for green, but inapplicable to davis...
    You're not very good at being the new Chump, unless Chump was pretty bad at being the old Chump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, he's shot bad for a whole season before, then caught fire in the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with the lack of a dynamic creator, I thought for a long time that team wide progression to the mean from 3 had to kick in to a certain extent, but at this point I've given up. This is probably the worst all around 3-point shooting team in the league post All-Star break. That means continuing to see bizarre lineups (like Forbes playing the 4th quarter with the season on the line), in the hopes of finding someone who can catch fire from deep.

Specifically regarding Parker, I'd be shocked if this isn't who he is for the remainder of this season (maybe he comes back slightly better next season just from having been further removed from a significant injury). He blew his load when he first came back, but once the adrenaline wore off, reality set in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not very good at being the new Chump, unless Chump was pretty bad at being the old Chump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm honestly surprised that Green is even shooting that well. It's been horrible. But Danny's either going to shoot well or he's not. No way to predict or improve it externally.
    That has been the issue for Green for a few years now. He sometimes becomes a huge liability on offense. Before he was just on when he was wide open. Now its a flip of a coin that has 3 sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both are playing and doing their best unlike a certain franchise player, from there even if they were shooting 0% they are ok in my books earning their salary unlike a certain franchise player

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony has look deflated ever since he realized Kawhi quit on them.
    Thats what i noticed as well. Since that team meeting tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree this is why I'm saying this season is a bit premature to call him done entirely, next season will be a good indicator of what dude has left after all those years
    Someone with some sense tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want if a "supertrade" wasn't working, they get other decent pieces.

They added Rudy and Joff. Again, Gay's fine, can make an impact, but he's not the guard-upgrade this team needed.
    This is absurd. You can’t force players to sign. You can’t force teams to trade. The didn’t stand pat. They tried to make moves and it didn’t work out on the heels of landing LMA a couple summers ago, re-signing him, bringing in Rudy, trying to get Kyrie and who knows what other moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL what exactly where the Spurs going to trade to get a top 5 NBA player that wasn't Kawhi or LMA? JFC which team was going to give up a top 5 player for peanuts? Golden State? LOL. Cleveland? LOL. Houston? LOL. OKC? LOL. PG as available but he plays the same ing position as Kawhi. What were they going to give up to get him that wasn't LMA whos value was at an all time low last summer? So stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason this team isn't as good and better than the one that got to the WCF last year is because Kawhi is either injured or a punk ass . But it's no one else's fault. If you think it is, then you're an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is absurd. You can’t force players to sign. You can’t force teams to trade. The didn’t stand pat. They tried to make moves and it didn’t work out on the heels of landing LMA a couple summers ago, re-signing him, bringing in Rudy, trying to get Kyrie and who knows what other moves.
    LOL what exactly where the Spurs going to trade to get a top 5 NBA player that wasn't Kawhi or LMA? JFC which team was going to give up a top 5 player for peanuts? Golden State? LOL. Cleveland? LOL. Houston? LOL. OKC? LOL. PG as available but he plays the same ing position as Kawhi. What were they going to give up to get him that wasn't LMA whos value was at an all time low last summer? So stupid.
    I wonder how other teams found shooters for less than the Spurs are paying Mills...But thinking about that is so "stupid."
    Last edited by YGWHI; 04-11-2018 at 10:17 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason this team isn't as good and better than the one that got to the WCF last year is because Kawhi is either injured or a punk ass . But it's no one else's fault. If you think it is, then you're an idiot.
    C's played many, many games without Irving and Hayward. Can you see the Spurs making playoffs without Kawhi and LMA for those many games? Granted, East is weak, blah blah, they still won games that no one thought they could without both players.

If you think a team with three old players in key role (Manu best guard 40 y o, Pau second best bigman 39 y o, Parker PG starter/backup 35 y o), with three old players who can't play more than 10-15 minutes in playoffs, is fine...

If you think that a team with Mills and Danny as main shooters is an elite team...

I'm not a stat-guy but do you look their numbers lately?

Well, if you think it, you're an idiot, too.

Thread Information