Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No... Worst case scenario is him rushing back to prove a point to dumb fans and Tony Parker... Then injuring himself worse... THEN be bogged down for years with the supermax and an injured player... Let the guy heal
    Just curious. What happens if he's not ready to go by next year? Would you be ok with him missing significant time again or perhaps another season. Whatever is ailing his quad seems pretty abnormal and I assume it's possible that he will never get 100% on it if that is his goal before he plays again. He clearly has looked impressive during workouts per reports that have come out so where is the end game to this issue. There has still been no timetable on him getting back to full health. Whether that's this week, next month or 6 months. I don't recall an injury prognosis so elusive in all my time watching sports.

I think everyone is frustrated by this injury and although you disagree, it has been communicated poorly by the Spurs organization and Kawhi. Whether you think it's warranted or not, the fans are upset, which I believe could have been easily remedied by providing more detail on the issue. Nevertheless, I still think he should get a supermax this summer and the organization needs to repair any issues with the relationship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he gets traded I hope to god our fans don't go made and cheer for his ass at his first return in another jersey.. If this is how his Spurs legacy ends, he's dead to me IMO.. We need to channel our inner Philadelphia
    I would say that no one expects a "Thank for the memories" video from the Spurs neither

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs always keep medical issues of players close to their vest. He’ll Pop scares half the media from even asking any intelligent questions regarding team. This is all on Kawhi camp if Kawhi is to scarred to talk he should hire someone who can do it for him. I was suprised at how long it took the media to start turning on Kawhi for not talking or playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all on Kawhi camp if Kawhi is to scarred to talk he should hire someone who can do it for him. I was suprised at how long it took the media to start turning on Kawhi for not talking or playing.
    I guess his guys aren't that worried. The media reporters/journalists they hear, still give Kawhi support. I doubt a group from MoVal would listen Skip Bayles/Jeff Van Gundy...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does insurance work for a player with a multi-year, chronic injury if injury ends his career before contract is over?

Is there a "pre-nup" so the team can be protected from a non-playing player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are forced to trade Kawhi they need to blow this whole team up and go full on Philadelphia and rebuild through the draft.

I'm okay with a few years of lottery play if it will create a better team than what we have.

The Spurs still have a lot of assets they can move to either move up in the draft or gather extra draft picks. Parker and Manu are the last guys left on the glory years but they are worth more to me than Kawhi is at this time.

And Laker fan shouldn't be too quick to say Kawhi is going to be the face of your franchise. Do you really want a guy with zero personality in the Hollywood media market? He isn't Magic or Kobe, he is not built to handle the big stage and will be in personal there. You will find that if he can't handle San Antonio, he can't handle the scrutiny that will come in LA, especially when you discover how much he benefited from being in the spurs organization and having Tim Duncan by his side.

How many players have excelled in San Antonio only to flounder when they left. I hope the Spurs do give him the super max and then trade him, we will get more in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does insurance work for a player with a multi-year, chronic injury if injury ends his career before contract is over?

Is there a "pre-nup" so the team can be protected from a non-playing player?
    BigInsurance always finds a way out which gives BigPATFO carte blanch to screw the Human American Fans who continue to get suckered in to paying to watch.

Spurs are ed and un able.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs still have a lot of assets they can move to either move up in the draft or gather extra draft picks.
    Do you mean a lot of assets that other teams would want to sign?

Only if you think there are teams desperate for getting DJ Murray Danny Green Patty Mills Bryn Forbes Pau Gasol on their teams...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Utah would trade Mitc for him?

I know the salaries are way mismatched and other stipulations would have to be made, but I would trade just DM for KL were I able.

Seems like a good spot for KL. Even less media attention and a smaller market. And it's cold so it will help his injured quad stay chilled. And maybe being in the mountains will be good for his emotional side too...

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Imagine is Leonard's group/uncle actually loses him more money due to the way they have handled this? There must been a better word than irony for greedy puppet masters.
    That won't happen. Teams will line up to offer him a max. Players don't really lose money in this league unless they actually suck on the court. See Isiah Thomas and his choice to play through an injury. I'm pretty sure that's the reason Kawhi isn't playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is traded in the offseason, how does it work with that team wanting to offer an extension? how much can it be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That SPURS doctors can't see... They aren't the only docs in the world... Nor are they the best... Or else they wouldn't be sports doctors (unless ur an idiot that thinks the best doctors work for sports teams)
    Bruh - he’s been with his team for well over 2 months now. Are you calling Kawhi a liar? Because when he did his last interviews, that was AFTER he was on HIS doctors program and at that point he said he was close. Yet under their care, with no surgery needed, after Kawhi said he was close, he’s still never got cleared? That was with 20 games left in the REGULAR season and he’s still not ready?

Maybe it’s his doctors that don’t know what they are doing? Or did Kawhi lie? Because if one is “close” then not returning when there were 20 games left means you lied, you had setbacks (which he blamed SA’s doctors for, why not blame his) or it’s like I said and MANY doctors can’t figure it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is traded in the offseason, how does it work with that team wanting to offer an extension? how much can it be?
    If the Spurs trade Kawhi, the SuperMax (219M) is forever off the table for Kawhi. If he’s traded, he can sign an extension for roughly 180M. If he’s not traded, and does not get the SuperMax and instead hit’s free agency to sign with another team he can sign for roughly 145M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since he got misdiagnosed AGAIN, Pop-A- owes him an apology
    Question. Did he get misdiagnosed after he was sat for the GS series? Because he came into the season after 5 months of rest. How much rest does he need?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs trade Kawhi, the SuperMax (219M) is forever off the table for Kawhi. If he’s traded, he can sign an extension for roughly 180M. If he’s not traded, and does not get the SuperMax and instead hit’s free agency to sign with another team he can sign for roughly 145M.
    All for 5 years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This all sucks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing that worries me is it's been do ented that money isn't a big deal to him. Im sure it's important to a degree, and maybe he's getting influenced by others, but if he wanted to be elsewhere, I could see the $ not being an issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing that worries me is it's been do ented that money isn't a big deal to him. Im sure it's important to a degree, and maybe he's getting influenced by others, but if he wanted to be elsewhere, I could see the $ not being an issue.
    Who knows. I think this is all about money actually. Kawhi might not be interested in money with regards to off the court stuff and doing all that takes to truly cash in, but basketball money? He took the max extension already the first time and I think this SuperMax is important to him.

He didn’t want what happened to IT to happen to him and he’s not risking a damn thing (which is understandable and not the issue to me)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exact, for all that has been said about Kawhi, the money will probably have a smaller weight than some posters (those who think he is not with the team because they have relationship problems, or worse, faking an injury) think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi made the statement about money before his child was born. Don't get it twisted, he definitely is trying to get paid and secure a future for his family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi made the statement about money before his child was born. Don't get it twisted, he definitely is trying to get paid and secure a future for his family.
    Yup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah who the can secure a future for his family with 140 mil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah who the can secure a future for his family with 140 mil
    You know that is not how people think though. You go based off of what you are worth and what you value. It’s pretty clear Kawhi is not Tim/Manu/TP. He’s not about the “Spurs”, he views this 100% as a business.

Doesn’t seem to care about building relationships with his team, the FO, he wants to work go home and get paid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can buy that Kawhi might not be all about the money

But the other people in his life? The ones who have influence on him, large or small?

Just like with any other athlete, entertainer, inventor, lottery winner, etc, they might be more into the money than him

Thread Information