Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the best sports doctors work for sports teams
    Exactly. Teams that pay players over 100m per year surely could scratch out another 3-5M to have the best doc all to themselves and look after their assets

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I obviously don't know KL personally but he's been a very unselfish player since he's been with the Spurs. He never pumps his fist and always credits the team for their success. I truly believe he thinks he is injured and the actions by the organization suggest that he should be playing. Clearly if they felt he was truly injured, the communication coming out from the Spurs would be a lot different. It seems obvious by Pop's comments that it's those individuals around Kawhi that are influencing his decision making, which has created this rift. Let's hope for a happy ending and I definitely don't want him to be traded. He is generational type talent in my opinion so you offer the supermax and hope he excepts it. If not, ride it out for another year and try to mend the relationship. We can still do a sign and trade down the line unless he's ok with leaving millions on the table.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing that worries me is it's been do ented that money isn't a big deal to him. Im sure it's important to a degree, and maybe he's getting influenced by others, but if he wanted to be elsewhere, I could see the $ not being an issue.
    I'm not sure that is true. I mean, if money was no big deal, why didn't he sign with Jordan/Nike? Maybe he's not a big spender, but I don't think you casually walk away from $36 million dollars.

Plus, I'd bet his relatives would like that $36 million if Kawhi didn't want it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now, I'm leaning toward NO. I don't think they will offer it until they see him on court again. (Could be similar to Aldridge extension, if it happens it will be toward the end of the pre-season)...

I don't think Kawhi even takes a supermax.

Should the Spurs offer one? Only if it's not fully guaranteed and has a games played triggers throughout.

It should be like Embiid's contract. Specific injuries equaling 25 games missed would give the Spurs an out. Embiid's stipulations cover his feet and back, Kawhi's needs to cover his quads, his eye, and his feelings.

Just like Embiid, if it's an unrelated injury, like a broken wrist, those games missed don't count against him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I've ever seen a FO in such a terrible place with a superstar. Even Cleveland, when LeBron wanted to leave for Miami, had some idea of what was going on, even if they couldn't stop it or find a good deal to make. You can't sign and trade a guy who won't play and who claims he has a serious injury.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ll probably part ways. Relationships are obviously too strained. I just hope he and his group know what they’re doing. It’s sad if he wants to leave the Spurs because of their small market. Players always have the choice to ask for a trade as much as teams can openly trade their players. I wish he had the guts to do so instead of messing up the team dynamics by keeping them waiting. Missing work because of an injury which clearly isn’t there says a lot about his professionalism. Teams will throw money at him til they realize he’s always going to bolt for another team by forcing their hand, not by asking a trade from them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude all ready got paid 20 million to play 9 games and hang out in New York yeah what boss in what world would then say "Well He'll Let's Give This Guy A New Super Max Deal". that you can't count on him you can't communicate with him just get over and do a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude all ready got paid 20 million to play 9 games and hang out in New York yeah what boss in what world would then say "Well He'll Let's Give This Guy A New Super Max Deal". that you can't count on him you can't communicate with him just get over and do a trade.
    It is absolutely unheard of ..

"Go get your ass back on court son, and then we can talk"..This should be message, and that isn't even what I consider hardball tactic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been hard to distinguish what's real with the media fanning the flames. But honestly, with Leonard not with the team supporting his teammates and possibly Parker and Manu's last appearances in the playoffs, I think that is very telling. There is a rift between Kawhi and the team. Maybe Pop will smooth things over during the offseason. Maybe not.

It's time to come to terms that a Kawhi trade is a real possibility. Spurs will most likely lose in this situation since they are not going to get a top 3 player in return.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Assuming that is remotely true. Number one pop is not a doctor, and number two how does a misdiagnosis that never required surgery equal him missing the entire season? People with far more serious injuries are coming back.
    Yeah, not getting surgery means the injury is less severe than getting a meniscus shaved...ever heard of tennis elbow?

Thread Information