Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starts at 6:25: http://art19.com/shows/vertical

Not a surprise, but noteworthy nonetheless. The surprise is him saying that he thinks that Paul will be a more difficult re-sign than Griffin.

I think he more than likely re-signs with the Clippers, but this is neither Durant (never had a chance) or Aldridge (seemingly emerged as favorites in early '15). That said, to have a realistic chance, the Spurs would probably not only have to beat them in their presumed WCSF match-up, but at the very least give the Warriors a legit scare in the WCF.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj don't just stir the pot tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm find with it so long as they don't break up the team to give Paul a max. He's at that point to where he can't really expect to get almost what Kawhi and LMA make combined and be on a winner. If he does look elsewhere, I'd assume the Spurs top the list. Parker and Duncan are probably major recruiters, along with Pop. Though personally I'd want Tony traded for cap space. There isn't a lot of good math for him making it over, though. Same with Lowery (who's an ideal fit for the SL, if you ask me). I think both the max to stay put.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 was a lock to join Lebron, but now with Kyrie leading that team, no way it happens now... Spurs may have a shot... Better than playing with a broken Blake

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm find with it so long as they don't break up the team to give Paul a max. He's at that point to where he can't really expect to get almost what Kawhi and LMA make combined and be on a winner. If he does look elsewhere, I'd assume the Spurs top the list. Parker and Duncan are probably major recruiters, along with Pop. Though personally I'd want Tony traded for cap space. There isn't a lot of good math for him making it over, though. Same with Lowery (who's an ideal fit for the SL, if you ask me). I think both the max to stay put.
    think about what you just wrote... Parker wouldn't want to lose his job, and Duncan isn't even a Spur...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks. We have the head of the snake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think about what you just wrote... Parker wouldn't want to lose his job, and Duncan isn't even a Spur...
    Parker and Paul are great friends, and Tim is like a big brother to CP3. Yes, those guys would be in the meeting unless Parker were traded to make room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On other hand, CP3 and Parker seems friends, IIRC Parker said -in an interview during 2015 playoffs- he had an off court relationship with Paul.

Also, Parker knows that he'll come off the bench at some point of his career...If he wants to retire as Spur he can't demand to be a starter in the next seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol... Knicks.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I really like CP3 as a player. while he has a rep for being a whiny flopping got (which is not undeserved) he has always been a damn good player with a lot of fire and he is a very underrated defensive guard and isn't praised as much for how lethal he is scoring because he prefers to find his teammates. him/kawhi/LMA with the Spurs shooters would be nasty. Him and Parker are friends and CP3 may be a player Parker wouldn't have an issue backing up going forward, imo

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how I would feel about this. Paul is obviously a massive upgrade over Parker and would fit the SL like a glove. But I'd have to see more of the cap ramifications to have a more concrete opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker at meeting: you can be my Claxton

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    we could use him this season tbh.

would trade parker in a heartbeat to clear room.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks. We have the head of the snake
    Aldridge? And so your logic is Malone would've been better without Stockton?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker at meeting: you can be my Claxton

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether they sign Paul or not, trade Parker to the Knicks next summer.

Only a dumb team will pay Rose the money he wants next offseason (maybe I'm giving Sage boy a little too much credit as GM? assuming he lets Rose walk). But I can see them taking a flier on Parker for a year to keep a relevant/ attractive appeal for Knicks' fans.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 10-12-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul would've been great three years ago. He's too old now to make a difference against GSW in a year.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Paul would've been great three years ago. He's too old now to make a difference against GSW in a year.
    He got destroyed by Curry on BOTH ends during pre-season.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    cp3 would be a signicant upgrade.

averaged twice as many assists and steals as parker last season.

paul/green/kawhi would be nice defensely.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Lowry is only a year younger than CP3 & plays reckless somewhat like Manu, dude is going to be Porker 2.0 halfway through his contract. Let's not forget about him being outplayed by George Hill in the 1st rd & being a career postseason choker.

If we are going to go w/ the pie-in-the-sky then it makes more sense to go after Jrue Holiday who's basically the same age as Kawhi & can play alongside Porker since he has the size to check wings.

Realistically, George Hill is the best option if Exum has a solid rookie season & the Jazz decide not to overpay for his services. Once Porker comes off the books, PATFO could maybe target Isaiah Thomas in 2018.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowry is only a year younger than CP3 & plays reckless somewhat like Manu, dude is going to be Porker 2.0 halfway through his contract. Let's not forget about him being outplayed by George Hill in the 1st rd & being a career postseason choker.

If we are going to go w/ the pie-in-the-sky then it makes more sense to go after Jrue Holiday who's basically the same age as Kawhi & can play alongside Porker since he has the size to check wings.

Realistically, George Hill is the best option if Exum has a solid rookie season & the Jazz decide not to overpay for his services. Once Porker comes off the books, PATFO could maybe target Isaiah Thomas in 2018.
    Would rather have Jrue Holiday (26 yrs old), and Spurs could probably get him for about the same price as Hill -- since he's taking most of this year off to take care of his wife.

Hill, at age 30, is likely down hill from here. His defense will keep regressing year to year from here on out. Can't justify paying him 12 mil +/per year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Paul's age by itself doesn't concern me. It's his age:contract. If they can fit him in with Green, Leonard and LMA and get a big, I'm good with it. The reason why I like Kyle isn't his age. He's just fully capable and willing to play off the ball while also able to be a PG when that's needed. That's a perfect long-term fit with Kawhi. Hill is almost a waste of money.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Would rather have Jrue Holiday (26 yrs old), and Spurs could probably get him for about the same price as Hill -- since he's taking most of this year off to take care of his wife.

Jrue will be the only LEGIT boarderline all-star PG under 30 ala Mike Conley next summer & the Pelicans have said they want to keep him so he's most likely going to get somewhere in the 20mill/per range. Conley basically missed half the season & got 153 mill.

Hill, at age 30, is likely down hill from here. His defense will keep regressing year to year from here on out. Can't justify paying him 12 mil +/per year.
    Patty is going to get 8 mill/per offers if he plays well this season so might as well pay Hill 12mill considering he can actually play alongside Porker if Danny is laying bricks.

It's basically something like Patty for 4yr/32mill or Hill for 3yr/36mill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About as much chance as Durant signing here last off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About as much chance as Durant signing here last off-season.
    I'd say it's much closer to Aldridge. A lot of teams might want Paul, but besides the Clippers, I don't think anyone else really has a chance.

Thread Information