Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, that team wins 50 and flames out in the 1st round. What a successful season
    Bruh - no. This SA team as currently constructed with old a** TP/Manu and no Kawhi would have a great shot at getting to the 2nd round if they played anyone but HOU/GS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your plan is put all your eggs into one basket with one draft pick who needs to be the ROY (which Mitc would be most seasons).
    Why do you keep saying this? What's the downside if that pick doesn't work out? The "rebuild" takes longer? That we'll have to sit through another terrible 47-win season? Sounds so much worse than just blowing it up now and completely removing the possibility that they do draft a Mitc of their own, or even another Kawhi in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what you were telling me.
    I’m confused. I said that if you remove TP/Manu/Kawhi and replace them with White, our first round pick, whatever assets you get for Kawhi and free agency that SA would be better than all the teams you mentioned or at least be right there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it's cuz I don't live in San Antonio so I don't give a if the team is somewhat compe ive to keep drawing the local crowd.

But I'd much rather be absolute for the next 4 seasons and be the Sixers in year 5. Then be a 4th seed for the next 10 years without any realistic chance at a ring.
    The Sixers in year 5 isn’t a sure thing although it looks damn good now. What I’m saying is LMA doesn’t get you the assets to do what PHI did.

Kawhi does the best job of that. Trading LmA for let’s say an additional 14th pick or something doesn’t really do anything, so why freaking do that??

If LmA wants out, ok, but you should never break up a playoff team that you can also rebuild with hopefully top talent (in a Kawhi trade).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya but if you blow it up, even if you land Embiid, how does that give you a better shot at beating GS assuming they don’t keep pulling off moves?

You have to be bad enough to get the number one pick (maybe twice) to get what PHI did and SA isn’t in any better situation to acquire those assets by trading LMA IMO. Kawhi is the piece that can get you those assets; not LMA.

Kawhi gets you a lottery pick in this year's draft. There's a good chance Lamarcus gets you a lottery pick in next year's draft as well. The Spurs sans Kawhi and LMA (regardless of what other mid-tier type players you get back in those trades) is at Phoenix Suns level of talent. That gives you a high lottery pick in the 2019 draft. That's 4 top 20 picks these next 2 drafts. you might not even have to be as bad that long like Philly was considering how RC is good at drafting/scouting/player development. You'll be crappy for 2-3 seasons but you're gonna look at lot better in year 4 than what you're looking at if you just keep getting playoff spots with LMA as your best player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it's cuz I don't live in San Antonio so I don't give a if the team is somewhat compe ive to keep drawing the local crowd.

But I'd much rather be absolute for the next 4 seasons and be the Sixers in year 5. Then be a 4th seed for the next 10 years without any realistic chance at a ring.
    The Sixers are barely the Sixers right now. Why people think they'd get to that level instead of being like SAC or ORL or MKE before Giannis is beyond me. , they could draft extremely well and be like Denver is or like Utah was in before this season. The Spurs even now, are closer to a ring than a lot of teams that have been blowing it up for a lot longer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is zero reason to blow it up if you trade Kawhi. The team without him this year was 2 games from being a top 3 seed. Don’t be dumb.

If you add a few first round picks and a player and free agents (via SAs own first, a kawhi trade getting you picks and maybe a player and free agency) , this team could easily be a top 3-4 team in the league
    This is the simple logic but it seems some people are bent on tanking. They think you're automatically going to end up with a franchise player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [/B]
    Kawhi gets you a lottery pick in this year's draft. There's a good chance Lamarcus gets you a lottery pick in next year's draft as well. The Spurs sans Kawhi and LMA (regardless of what other mid-tier type players you get back in those trades) is at Phoenix Suns level of talent. That gives you a high lottery pick in the 2019 draft. That's 4 top 20 picks these next 2 drafts. you might not even have to be as bad that long like Philly was considering how RC is good at drafting/scouting/player development. You'll be crappy for 2-3 seasons but you're gonna look at lot better in year 4 than what you're looking at if you just keep getting playoff spots with LMA as your best player.
    Pop is coaching until his Team USA gig, no way the Spurs are going to rebuild in the next 2-3 years..I'd be cool with it, as well, but it isn't going to happen..

I don't think the Spurs can do anything to become a real contender, but they aren't too far from being a fun 2nd round team who could win 1 or 2 games in that round..that's good enough until Pop retires IMO..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi wants to be a spur for life... He is just trying to get better... But it doesn't feel good that the fans he has played his ass off for for years is now turning against him because of the opinion of the medical staff...

The guy wants to stay, and will stay.... I'd quicker ship out LA than Kawhi... ANYDAY... I KNOW Kawhi will be a fighter in the playoffs... LA gives up during the middle of the game, and has very poor body language... He caused a turnover, then watched Gay like it was Gay's fault... Dude is a cancer... Wanted to leave a winning team because he was only scoring 17 a game...

What the are you smoking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers were a disgrace of the league for a number of years. They blew a lot of drafts and were lucky that some stuck. Heck, even Embid breaking his foot before draft day allowed him to slip. Have a look at their success rate with the amount of draft picks they had. I have nothing against the players, but I would love to see Sixers strategy back fire on them, because it was appalling way to treat their fan base. It's just a pitty that Denver are in the West, because they would be playing in the playoffs while in the rebuild. They have an fun team to watch as well.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m confused. I said that if you remove TP/Manu/Kawhi and replace them with White, our first round pick, whatever assets you get for Kawhi and free agency that SA would be better than all the teams you mentioned or at least be right there.
    Yes I know. One minute it's let's lose Leonard for nothing. Next minute it's we're just about a 3-seed. Then we're drafting Mitc and top 3 in the league. It's quite a head spinning conversation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh - no. This SA team as currently constructed with old a** TP/Manu and no Kawhi would have a great shot at getting to the 2nd round if they played anyone but HOU/GS.
    I strongly disagree. This team feasted on lottery or injury plagued teams to get to a 7th seed.

What are their impressive wins from this year? A road win against a terrible Cavs team that has a chance of flaming out against the Pacers? Home win against Houston that had nothing to play for and was missing Paul?

This team struggled in a must win game against the Kings and was dog on the road for the entire season. This team minus MVP level performances from Lamarcus is a bottom 5 team in the league. They have very little NBA level talent at this point sans LMA/Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes I know. One minute it's let's lose Leonard for nothing. Next minute it's we're just about a 3-seed. Then we're drafting Mitc and top 3 in the league. It's quite a head spinning conversation.
    My friend, you are the only one confused here with what I’m saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess I've been MIA from the board for too long this season because I'm genuinely surprised that people are still overrating the talent on the roster. Outside of Lamarcus and a 40yo Manu, there isn't a single guy on this roster I'd want on a team competing for a championship tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question: there is nothing in stone that the designated player level offer has to be made this summer as opposed to in the summer of 2019? If the spurs don’t move Leonard now, they still have that massive trump card to play in the summer of 2019, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I take that back. I'd want Patty in a 12th man role waiving that towel. Great cheerleader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sixers are barely the Sixers right now. Why people think they'd get to that level instead of being like SAC or ORL or MKE before Giannis is beyond me. , they could draft extremely well and be like Denver is or like Utah was in before this season. The Spurs even now, are closer to a ring than a lot of teams that have been blowing it up for a lot longer.
    It's because the Spurs have a front office that has a proven track record in making great picks. I don't know why you think Buford is going to pick Stauskas and Jimmer but you must think so since you keep bringing up the Kings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question: there is nothing in stone that the designated player level offer has to be made this summer as opposed to in the summer of 2019? If the spurs don’t move Leonard now, they still have that massive trump card to play in the summer of 2019, no?
    If he makes an All-NBA Team next year I believe. I'd have to look it up though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's because the Spurs have a front office that has a proven track record in making great picks. I don't know why you think Buford is going to pick Stauskas and Jimmer but you must think so since you keep bringing up the Kings.
    RC plucked Kawhi at 15t. Apparently, we're supposed to be ing Vlade & the Kings if we have top 5 picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess I've been MIA from the board for too long this season because I'm genuinely surprised that people are still overrating the talent on the roster. Outside of Lamarcus and a 40yo Manu, there isn't a single guy on this roster I'd want on a team competing for a championship tbh.
    This is INCREDIBLE to me

People are saying the talent is OVERRATED when you are calling them trash and that the team should blow it up when without Kawhi all damn year this trash talent made the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if they are good at drafting, wouldn’t you rather be a contender now by drafting a top flight player and adding that person plus free agents to this current playoff team that was 3 games shy of 50 wins with no help?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Sixers have been for much longer than 4 years. The Sixers will go back to being if Embid is as fragile as Blake Griffin and he is. The sixers aren't the only team who's been tanking to get better, and they're not all good now. This isn't just as simple as lose for a few years and land the next franchise player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of. If in theory SA doesn’t offer Kawhi an extension and they agree to re-evaluate next Summer, Kawhi would have to re-qualify for that SuperMax to be eligible for it.

So it’s possible, but not guaranteed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sixers have been for much longer than 4 years. The Sixers will go back to being if Embid is as fragile as Blake Griffin and he is. The sixers aren't the only team who's been tanking to get better, and they're not all good now. This isn't just as simple as lose for a few years and land the next franchise player.
    The funny part is Kawhi will get them the assets to do what they want to do and they just want to toss out LMA for the sake of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if they are good at drafting, wouldn’t you rather be a contender now by drafting a top flight player and adding that person plus free agents to this current playoff team that was 3 games shy of 50 wins with no help?
    Do the Spurs have better odds drafting a franchise player at 18-20 or 1-4?

Thread Information