My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to think the Isiah-MJ beef, Laettner over Shaq because he won NCAA les are fake narratives manufactured by the selection committee to send a whiter team to Barcelona

I mean, Stockton over Isiah or Tim Hardaway?
    Laettner over Shaq ? dude is just a bigger Kellogg from Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Mullin , Bird over Wilkins?
    Look, Larry Bird was GOAT material and Mullin was an excellent player. But Larry could barely move in 1992, so waste of a spot, and Wilkins was just better than Mullin tbh
    Heck I would have taken Do over Pip, yeah yeah Scottie was more complete, but he couldn't guard Wilkins' jocks.
    The only reason he got is because Jordan (so white corporate sponsors).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some lovely revisionist history attempt at this, and while in retrospect and a different political environment this would look like whitewashing, the truth is:
    1) Nique had a major injury in the 91-92 season. Even disregarding that, the Hawks were not that great with Wilkins playing and scoring 30 ppg. He was like a souped up Stackhouse back in the day, empty calories stats. At the same time, Mullins was killing it that year, making 1st team All-NBA and being 6th in MVP voting. Look, I love Wilkins (one of my top 10 or 20 favourite players of all time), but he was a mid-range Vince Carter or TMac.
    2) Bird's career was over, but there is no way he is not making it. Magic got there by with HIV.
    3) Isiah and MJ beef was real, and if you were to choose, you choose MJ over Isiah every time. The added bonus with MJ is that he can get his thugs to protect the team (mostly himself) in a foreign land. Isiah is only good at harassing women without his bad boys covering his butt.
    4) Tim Hardaway wasn't necessary, and Stockton was the better player even then. Sure Hardaway can score better, but the prevailing wisdom was that the Dream Team had enough scorers, they need a distributor. Stockton was also much better as a defender.
    5) Laettner one holds the most water, but with Ewing, Robinson, Barkley and Malone, there was no need for another inside scorer. The international game was about shooting, and Shaq couldn't shoot. Laettner was also supposedly the next Bird (turned out to be the new guano), and was supposed to help carry bags and such. Besides, they should have just gone all out and gotten 12 NBAers, gotten like a Wilkins or Mark Price instead (the team wasn't that heavy on PGs as Magic wasn't really supposed to play much).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn forgot about Mark Price .
    He too was better than Stockton

Stockton was a stat padder who benefited from Sloan's system and Malone's finishing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buddy, Stockton led the Jazz team. Malone would have had a Buck Williams like career if it wasn't for Stock. Real talk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Buck would have averaged 28 ppg in his prime if he played with Stockton :loo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But pedo would have averaged 15 a game without Stock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any decent PG could find Malone with that system

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not Kobe in 04.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did you copy this take from? Is this typical for lefty?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    90s Black Players are all coons.

Name me one Black Player that married a Black Woman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    90s Black Players are all coons.

Name me one Black Player that married a Black Woman.

David Robinson.

DK.

Pedo impregnated a 13 year old one, so I think that counts.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I'm starting to think the Isiah-MJ beef, Laettner over Shaq because he won NCAA les are fake narratives manufactured by the selection committee to send a whiter team to Barcelona

I mean, Stockton over Isiah or Tim Hardaway?
    Laettner over Shaq ? dude is just a bigger Kellogg from Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Mullin , Bird over Wilkins?
    Look, Larry Bird was GOAT material and Mullin was an excellent player. But Larry could barely move in 1992, so waste of a spot, and Wilkins was just better than Mullin tbh
    Heck I would have taken Do over Pip, yeah yeah Scottie was more complete, but he couldn't guard Wilkins' jocks.
    The only reason he got is because Jordan (so white corporate sponsors).
    1.) So what if they whitened the team? Maybe they did. Good for the goose, good for the gander. It wasn't as if they were in any danger of losing anyway.

2.) Everyone at the time knew Laettner over Shaq was a joke. If they'd had a fan vote Shaq would've been on the Dream Team in a landslide.

3.) Bird had to be on the team, full stop.

4.) I agree that Stockton over Isiah was the wrong choice, but Isiah made his own bed on that one.

5.) I'd never given a thought to Nique being on the team, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Laetnner was the more sensible choice. Player of the year with B2B National les. He was also fundamentally sound compared to Shaq— at that time. They knew the college kid would warm the bench anyway, so Shaq would be useless.

Also, on a team full of egos, Stockton provided balance. He was the right choice.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn forgot about Mark Price .
    He too was better than Stockton

Stockton was a stat padder who benefited from Sloan's system and Malone's finishing
    son what? stockton is like miroslav klose, nothing flashy, always looking washed but a mean mother er who didn't give a single and who played his role perfectly.

Buddy, Stockton led the Jazz team. Malone would have had a Buck Williams like career if it wasn't for Stock. Real talk.

meh .. 21-22 ppg, but on a team like denver.

yeah stockton looked like a pre-calculus teacher but he took fools to school every day
    he was dirty tbh had them fake tough guys shaking tbh, army boy haircut, full rambo on the court

not quite tbh. you need somebody disciplined for that role, maybe mark price but he wasn't half the defender/ironman/leader stockton was.

tbh stockton is really close to your prototypical german player : not flashy, fundamentally sound, amazing leadership, ironmap, dirty while not a thug, excellent team-player but also not truly appreciate. A true winner tbh, give him shaq/robinson/hakeem/ewing/duncan and he rings.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ Hardaway over Stockton...ROFL. Hardaway is a borderline HoFer at best. Stock owns the most unbreakable record in the sport, even more than Wilt's hundo.

Thread Information