Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

translation

I know nothing about music other than what's n the radio today.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    translation

I know nothing about music other than what's n the radio today.
    Very very little of the music I listen to is on the radio, but hey what ever you want to think old man.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Where is the depth? Can't anyone here actually go beyond.....rap/hip hop....which is about as bad as it gets.

I'm looking at my...

The Temple of Hip Hop Kulture
    CRIME-JUSTICE
    From Darkness to Light

...CD, yep....weak.
    Last edited by Avante; 04-19-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Very very little of the music I listen to is on the radio, but hey what ever you want to think old man.
    I bet you only listen to rap/hip hop...huh?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    I bet you only listen to rap/hip hop...huh?
    Someones reading comprehension sucks, I already mentioned in a previous post what I listen to and know about.

Anyone done wasting my time on an old pedo, have stuff that needs to get done tonight.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Someones reading comprehension sucks, I already mentioned in a previous post what I listen to and know about.

Anyone done wasting my time on an old pedo, have stuff that needs to get done tonight.
    Dude, you calling me a pedo tells us about where you're reading comprehension skill are at. Where have I ever said anything other than ya shoot sick ass pedos, well?

Dude, you have no depth.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have a pretty wide range of musical taste, everything from Different variations of rock, country, rap, etc.

With that said rap/hip hop is probably my favorite genre, the Rappers you mentioned are not that good. If you really knew rap and were in the know that list would have looked very different. You don't need to pretend to know what you are talking about old man, its fine. I don't expect an old, white, obese, pedo to understand much about modern hip hop/rap. Now go back to listening to your music and just please please stop pretending you know about you dont.

sheesh....rookie
    Wrong as usual.

I own some rap and hip hop, enought to know it sucks. I have been places where my black friends are listening to it, it's weak. I know that music far more than a rap fans knows blues, jazz, etc.

Stupid, show us anything where you get pedo from, yep, you can;t. Cool lying guy,ok? Dude...obese??..hahahaha~~~

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Three song set, all about staying in a mood.

Rap, hip hop..hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Avante; 04-19-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    One of those .....who?....but great artists.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    RIP Nate dogg. nate doggs singing>>>>>>>>>all that you posted in here

What happens once ya reach 18?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bottom line is when you've heard it all, the rap/hip hop just doesn't measure up. So much better stuff out there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I don't completely disagree with that. The stamina and flow it takes are still pretty impressive. As far as having a good singing voice, no it does not require that. Its more about making sure your voice flows well with the beat and being lyrically engaging.

Sadly alot of peoples perception of hip hop is hacks like Lil Wayne.
    Wayne was damn good back when I was in my teens.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    At this stage of things I'm into historical importance. Did the musc make a difference? Way beyond just noise going nowhere with nothing important about it. The rappers with their....I talk can do nasty.......is so stupid. None of that silliness will endure the test of time.

Yep, if I were some young black kid who knew...0...about music, ok, hit me with some early Drake, Cypress Hill, Snoop Dogg, etc.

A few hours ago I mixed a tape.

Muddy Waters 1941

These are his very first recordings, they were recorded right there at the Stovall Plantation on his front porch. The word.....important...fits.

I have my fav four tunes he does there then I added other Mississippi Delta cats who recorded around that time, cats like....

Robert Johnson
    Charley Patton
    Honeyboy Edwards
    Son House
    Tommy McClennan
    Robert Petway
    Bog Boy Crudup....huge influense on Elvis
    Robert Lockwood
    Sonny Boy Nelson
    Mississippi Moaner
    Big Joe Williams
    Bukka White

....here we have some historically important music, not just a bunch of crap going nowhere doing nothing.

Ya mix a drink, light a few candles and incense, now ya take a journey back in time, to a world far away from this one. Sure beats the out of some cat .....PARTY OVER HERE PARTY OVER THERE.....
    Last edited by Avante; 04-22-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Was pumping gas at Applegates, when I hear this thump thump thump, turning around I see a car load of little brown heads, yep....Mexicans. They were playing some rap ....LOUD. I was done pumping the gas and going to leave so, it. BUT...if I'd just pulled in and was going to have to listen to that while pumping my gas....nope. It would have been...."gentlemen, how about turning that down, ok?" Yep, size does matter.

I've noticed who gets off on rap.

Getting back to yodeling. I could post a bluegrass concert totally on par with any rap/hip hop concert, where we have banjos, fiddles, yodeling, mandolin.

What sucks is when a person knows next to nothing about all the other music. They are stuck on one genre.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In the last 24 hours....

Willy DeVille
    Tom Waits
    Donnie Elbert
    Lowell Fulson
    Gillian Welch
    Natalie Merchant
    Nina Simone
    Red Hot Cillie Peppers
    Harry Connick Jr.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Depth

A 90 min tape

side A

Blues from Brownsville

Sleepy John Estes
    Hammie Nixon
    Allen Shaw
    Son Bonds
    Sonny Boy Williamson
    Charlie Pickett
    Yank Rac

B

Sonny Terry and Friends (harmonica player, vocalist who backed others)

Sonny Terry
    Brownie McGee
    Woody Guthrie
    Lead Belly
    Lightnin' Hopkins
    Big Joe Williams
    Blind Boy Fuller

This takes some time, some research.

"Riding the Blinds"

Yep, songs about trains and hobos. Talking 1920's up to today. You better know the music. Yep, depth.

Last edited by Avante; 04-25-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sometimes it just has to be.....

Last edited by Avante; 04-27-2018 at 03:43 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Other times, it's just gotta be....

Rollin'

Rollin'

Then there's always Milton Brown, Bob Wills, and that Western Swing.

Bottom line is......depth. I pity those stuck in one gear.
    Last edited by Avante; 04-27-2018 at 03:56 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When I first stared schooling myself on them old blues I would read about Charlie Patton. He was The King of the Mississippi Delta, and I had never heard him. So there I am at Borders in Visalia checking out the CD's. EUREKA...a blues compilation with....Pony Blues Charlie Patton....one of the 20.

I raced home, ran in the house, tried to break into the CD and ya all know that hassle. Then finally....

What???? This is the great Charlie Patton? It did take some time before I finally got it, yep....the guy was great. It was me.

Now I own everything the guy recorded, a three CD set.

Yep, depth.

You mix...

Son House
    Willie Brown
    Henry Sims
    Bertha Lee
    Tommy Johnson
    Rosa May Moore
    Ishman Bracey
    Charlie Taylor
    Lucille Johnson
    Kid Bailey
    Charley McCoy
    Robert Johnson
    Bukka White
    Freddie Spruell
    Geechie Wiley
    Mattie Delaney
    Rube Lacy
    Garfield Akers
    Bobby Grant
    Joe Calicott

Skip James really doesn't belong, he was from Bentonia, which isn't in the Delta. But....he is on a par with everyone there other than Patton and Robert Johnson.

This is a true blues classic.

That picture is from the 60's when he was rediscovered, the song is from 1930.

In the movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" when Tommy Johnson, the black bluesman starts playing and singing around the camp fire, he is singing one of Skip James tunes "Hard Time Killing Floor". Why they didn't have Johnson (Chris Thomas King) doing one of his own tunes?

Tommy Johnson the first one to tell that sold my soul at them crossroads story. Robert Johnson and Peetie Wheatstraw (St. Louis piano player) stold it.

Yep, depth.
    Last edited by Avante; 04-27-2018 at 04:27 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We have three kinds of blues cats.

1. only recorded prior to Muddy Waters (1941) Charlie Patton, Bessie Smith, Robert Johnson, Blind Lemon Jefferson
    2. only recorded after Muddy Waters John Lee Hooker, Lightnin' Hopkins, Howlin' Wolf, BB King
    3. recorded before and after Muddy Waters Son House, Blind Willie McTell, Mississippi John Hurt, Bukka White

Then ya look at what region a cat belongs.

Texas
    Mississippi
    Georgia
    Memphis (sometimes grouped with Mississippi as The Delta)
    Louisiana
    St.Louis
    Alabama
    Piedmont/East Coast

Chicago blues came a little later on.

Yes many many times a record company puts a cat in the wrong region, just laziness.

, I own a Lightnin' Hopkins CD, where two songs are Lead Belly, two others Josh White. and neither sound anything close to Hopkins.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I found this a few weeks ago, how I didn't know this great tune existed.....shame shame shame.

Gotta love....when the darkies gather round and all begin to shout

What happens when a trained choir tries them blues?

Yep, depth.

This was recorded right there in a Texas prison. You will think.....I know that tune.

So much incredible stuff out there, to limit yourself to this.......is it making $$$$$$.....that's sad.

I have this one song where a confict is singing about going home, he must sing....going home....a dozen times. So after the song the guy who recorded the song (Alan Lomax) asks the guy,,,,"so what were you thinking about there"....the confict..."ah.....well...I was thinking about going home"....hahaha~~~

One of musicdoms most amazing recordings happened in Clarksdale Mississiippi in 1942. Alan Lomax is out on the road again looking for talent. He comes upon a black church, He would record one of the most stunning sounds on record, "See That My Grave Is Kept Clean" by a small group lead by Bozie Sturdivant.

An amazing song.
    Last edited by Avante; 04-27-2018 at 05:16 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who is familar with.....

Love this.

Rollin'

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm trying to get you little punk asses to cool the bull , yank your head out of your ass and learn something. Widen those ing horizons, extend those perimeters. My God the lack of knowledge here is staggering. Rap, hip hop, are you ing kidding me, hahahaha~~~~

I was going to post a hip hop video here but why spoil things?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How about this mix, talking Texas here.

SRV
    ZZ Top
    Blind Lemon Jefferson
    Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys
    Lyle Lovett
    Albert Collins
    Lightnin Hopkins