Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Probably the only real highlight of the season was him redeeming himself as a star player. I agree with Pop, he has been fantastic, playing through adversity and a difficult season, while also being there for his teammates nightly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a stark contrast to our other “star” tbh.......

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Up that trade value...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge has been a total professional. Focused on offense, solid on D, excellent on the offensive boards. Hasn't complained about his teammates or structure of the roster, even though he'd have good reason to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, I think its obvious that the reason he is having such a good season is because Kawhi hasn't played. He is getting his "touches" because He is the #1 option w/out Kawhi on the floor.

Not sure what kind of season the Spurs would be having or would have had if it weren't for Aldridge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, I think its obvious that the reason he is having such a good season is because Kawhi hasn't played. He is getting his "touches" because He is the #1 option w/out Kawhi on the floor.

Not sure what kind of season the Spurs would be having or would have had if it weren't for Aldridge.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only Kawhi fluffers don't see Pop quotes as a direct hit in Leonard direction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only Kawhi fluffers don't see Pop quotes as a direct hit in Leonard direction
    They also don't see Parker's 'I had the same injury as Kawhi but it was much worse' as a dig on him, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They also don't see Parker's 'I had the same injury as Kawhi but it was much worse' as a dig on him, either.
    oh yes they see it... they usually blame Parker for Kawhi distancing himself from the team... weirdly enough they don't accept even Pop and FO are mad at Kawhi, always easier to blame Parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh yes they see it... they usually blame Parker for Kawhi distancing himself from the team... weirdly enough they don't accept even Pop and FO are mad at Kawhi, always easier to blame Parker
    KaPussy is the only player that can make a teammate wife er look like a model teammate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KaPussy is the only player that can make a teammate wife er look like a model teammate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this talk about Aldridge having a great season is true

On the flip side, Mark Jackson during the game 1 telecast noted that if Kawhi had played all season, would Aldridge still be putting up great numbers?

Probably no since, even if it's a small sample, the two didn't really click together during Kawhi's 9 game stint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I posted on another thread when this was brought up: That last game that Kawhi played, they totalled like 50-55 points. Not saying that would happen all of the time, but LMAs issues were where he was getting his touches, and when in the shot clock. He would run down the floor in transition, BURY his man in the paint, and wouldn't get the ball. They made a concerted effort to get him some early touches, but I think if he got quality touches, he would be happy around 19-20ppg sharing the ball. It's not like with this scoring challenged roster they wouldn't both get enough touches to do well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a stark contrast to our other “star” tbh.......
    No, manu has been equally as great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, manu has been equally as great
    Good point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think there's been too much reading into in the majority of these instances (outside of the Parker comment because I don't see how it could be interpreted otherwise). For instance, group is prominent in Pop's vernacular. Numerous times, I've heard him refer to the team as group, as well as the front office. If reconciling is their preferred outcome and it probably is, then why would they be repeatedly taking shots publicly? It's also not their style.

It's inarguable that there's friction, but I think it's more so a lack of communication (like supposedly texting some teammates, such as Green, maybe Aldridge, Murray and not others, likely Parker, Ginobili, Gasol). A lot of this is probably being exaggerated and/or sensationalized by the media and executives in the league, who are giddy at the prospect of this franchise finally being embroiled in drama, no longer being relevant and possibly prying a superstar loose.

Pop and Buford should be on a plane to New York sometime next week to get to the bottom of this sooner than later. If he doesn't want to be traded, after doing due diligence medically, offer him the super max with protections(http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...trophic-injury). If he does want to be traded, attempt to work through the issue(s) before going the trade route.

Think the most difficult part of this could be the prospect of going back into a locker room with the aforementioned veterans and whoever else. However awkward that may be, neither side should allow that to stand in the way of reconciliation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where there is smoke their is fire and Kawhi going out in a blaze

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh yes they see it... they usually blame Parker for Kawhi distancing himself from the team...
    And they're right, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they're right, tbh...
    well tony should then receive a Medal of Honor to get dat cancer as far as possible of the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this talk about Aldridge having a great season is true

On the flip side, Mark Jackson during the game 1 telecast noted that if Kawhi had played all season, would Aldridge still be putting up great numbers?

Probably no since, even if it's a small sample, the two didn't really click together during Kawhi's 9 game stint.
    Cause Kawhi was going full Kawhiso tbqh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is having the time of his life, tbh..all the touches, no pressure, his reputation is clean again and he won't have to play those May games that he hates..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cause Kawhi was going full Kawhiso tbqh
    I wouldn't call full iso... 12% of his plays.

The only reason that LMA wouldn't get these numbers is because he wouldn't get 20 FGA a game with other scorer on court.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 04-19-2018 at 12:13 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the true definition of fake news...

Looking for something that’s not there

Thread Information