My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really worried that pop has fallen in love with patty and next year we will see him starting at the 2 spot again playing 30 minutes a game.

I hate to think of kawhi coming back (or whoever we trade for him) and even signing a decent big or another SG but then to only have Patty starting at the 2 spot once again.

I'm tired of seeing a 6 foot player trying to guard someone 6 to 10 inches taller than him every game and I'm worried that Pop will continue to go with patty to start regardless of who we have on the roster. Just too big of a liability on D regardless of how well he does on offense.

What are your thoughts?

Will pop put him back on the bench? His role between 2014-2016 Was perfect and should stay that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we operate under the assumption that kawhi is back, i dont think starting patty will be necessary. you're taking Kyle out of the starting lineup, so you are adding somebody capable of scoring, and is somebody that can shoot 3's, so the spacing issue is not as big a deal, which is why Mills was out there. to be fair, if green's 3 point shot wasn't broken, i dont think mills would have ever started anyway

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They probably still start him. Have to justify that terrible contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably. Mills, Murray and Parker, will more than likely comprise 75% of the guard rotation. Murray and Parker can't play together offensively, while Mills and Parker can't play together defensively. So by default, that means Mills and Murray have to be paired together.

It sounds insane, but I think it's more likely than not that they don't add a guard. In the event Leonard is retained, Evans should be the number one priority, but he'd be an awful fit next to Murray in the starting lineup, as well as Parker and Anderson off the bench. Even though he's a much improved 3-point shooter, you don't sign the poor man's Harden to play floor spacer for 3 useless offensive players. Of course, he should be prioritized over all of them, but more than likely won't be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, can't have that many $Ms not starting

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good way to tank I guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad, scary, and most likely will be the case..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope not. Loved him once as a bench player but have hated him as a starter.

I hope White gets opportunities next season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a fan of a lot of things going on with the Spurs and Mills is one of them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt he will..he was only inserted into the SL because Green couldn't shoot anymore..

I find it hard to believe that Pop doesn't see how badly Mills' game has fallen off as a starter.. he'll be back on the bench next season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we operate under the assumption that kawhi is back, i dont think starting patty will be necessary. you're taking Kyle out of the starting lineup, so you are adding somebody capable of scoring, and is somebody that can shoot 3's, so the spacing issue is not as big a deal, which is why Mills was out there. to be fair, if green's 3 point shot wasn't broken, i dont think mills would have ever started anyway
    This makes sense and I hope is true. If Pop knew kawhi was going to be out for an extended period, probably would've been better to insert gay into the starting lineup so that rudy and lma could've learned to play off each other. And patty could've been the scoring off the bench like before.

I doubt he will..he was only inserted into the SL because Green couldn't shoot anymore..

I find it hard to believe that Pop doesn't see how badly Mills' game has fallen off as a starter.. he'll be back on the bench next season..
    I hope this is true as well. I just think of Bonner and how pop would play him more than he should have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For another team or the Spurs? As much as I like Patty I think they need to move on from him and bring in more length and defense in the backcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way you can move that pile of kangaroo unless you package him up with Mute Cancer

Thats whh the only solutions is to trade those two bas s for useful young assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hopefully in PHI tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, at some point the coaching staff will realize that he and Murray are a bad combo

Thread Information