Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard is gone, but the Lakers would be re ed to go after ANY superstar this off-season. If so, what was the in' point of drafting Ingram, Longo, and Randle? The most important things developing players need are touches and not to be tethered to a superstar presence who will simply gobble up touches and force the younger players to defer. Golden State didn't go after a superstar while developing their core. OKC didn't. Not to mention, all the hot shot FAs this off-season play Ingram's position. And yeah, I would trade Leonard for a package if it includes Ingram. No Ingram, no deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard is gone, but the Lakers would be re ed to go after ANY superstar this off-season. If so, what was the in' point of drafting Ingram, Longo, and Randle? The most important things developing players need are touches and not to be tethered to a superstar presence who will simply gobble up touches and force the younger players to defer. Golden State didn't go after a superstar while developing their core. OKC didn't. Not to mention, all the hot shot FAs this off-season play Ingram's position. And yeah, I would trade Leonard for a package if it includes Ingram. No Ingram, no deal.
    Its not just that, They have to give everything to Acquire Leonard which makes sense no since a plethora of NBA stars are free agent next year including Lebron. They can keep their young.

But really thats only assuming if Lebron goes to LA or they get two stars.

Theyd be crazy not to trade for Leonard if they know Lebrons isnt coming though. He is better Thomposon, Butler and George Combined.

There's very few premuim players in the league and history says they're almost always more valuable than multiple 2nd tier stars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not just that, They have to give everything to Acquire Leonard which makes sense no since a plethora of NBA stars are free agent next year including Lebron. They can keep their young.

But really thats only assuming if Lebron goes to LA or they get two stars.

Theyd be crazy not to trade for Leonard if they know Lebrons isnt coming though. He is better Thomposon, Butler and George Combined.

There's very few premuim players in the league and history says they're almost always more valuable than multiple 2nd tier stars.
    You usually want to go after the cherry-on-top FA after you've developed your 2nd tier stars. Lakers don't even have that

Going after a ball dominant Lebron (who also plays the same position as Ingram) will just stunt Ingram's and Longo's growth. Kawhi and Longo would clash stylistically. Kawhi isn't a fast break player. He likes the half-court/mid-post game. The same problem that plagued the Spurs with Kawhi not having a PG who can create spacing by being a shooting threat would plague the Lakers, since Longo can't shoot from anywhere. Paul George is probably their target, and if that happens. If Lebron is going to LA, it's to the Clippers. Knowing his psychology, he likes "challenges," and if he could manage to get the Clippers even to the Finals, he gets another legacy boost.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LBJ to the Clipps His current supporting cast is better - and he's getting curbstomped by the damn Pacers. LBJ ain't taking the Clipps past the Dubs and you know it. Hashtag, Laker hating mid

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Agreed about developing the kids though. I want to see what they grow into. But we know the impatience of the Lakers FO.

I would trade everyone but Ingram for Kiwi. They wouldn't fit stylistically? Please. BI played the point when Zo was out and was more than decent. That's offensively. Defensively as a tandem? They would be suffocating perimeter players, 1996 Bulls style. There would be no passing lanes, defensive switchability, lock down in halfcourt sets, etc. In short, it would be beautiful to watch. Defense to fastbreak offense would be their calling card.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LBJ to the Clipps His current supporting cast is better - and he's getting curbstomped by the damn Pacers. LBJ ain't taking the Clipps past the Dubs and you know it. Hashtag, Laker hating mid
    What supporting cast is he going to have on the Lakers? No Jumper Longo? No Defense Kuzma? Unproven Ingram? Father Time is closing in on Lebron, and his prime window is 2 to 3 more years. GS and Houston are set up to dominate the conference for at least the next 5 years. If he doesn't want the unique challenge of leading the Clippers somewhere, Houston is probably his spot. This is why it makes no sense for the Lakers to chase stars right now. No move you can do puts you on the Warriors/Rockets level. You take the next 5 years to develop your youth, without any superstar distraction, and if the core turns into the next Warriors, great. If they turn into a team filled with 2nd tier stars that manage 43-45 wins, that's when you hunt a superstar.

As a Laker hater, I want you star chasing. It's the worst move you can make. Look at every great team in history. None of them brought in a superstar as their core was developing. Magic was drafted into a strong Lakers core. 80s Celtics were built through the draft. Lakers were a 48 win team when they brought in Shaq. Duncan was drafted in the Robinson/Elliott/Johnson core.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed about developing the kids though. I want to see what they grow into. But we know the impatience of the Lakers FO.

I would trade everyone but Ingram for Kiwi. They wouldn't fit stylistically? Please. BI played the point when Zo was out and was more than decent. That's offensively. Defensively as a tandem? They would be suffocating perimeter players, 1996 Bulls style. There would be no passing lanes, defensive switchability, lock down in halfcourt sets, etc. In short, it would be beautiful to watch. Defense to fastbreak offense would be their calling card.
    Longo wouldn't fit with him. Kawhi needs a floor spacing PG, and isn't a fastbreak player. He plays Kobe-style ball, preferring a slow-down half-court game. This was the biggest complaint the last two years upstairs, and why Mills vs. Parker was such a hot-topic. Mills could space the floor for Kawhi, but isn't a true PG, is horrible defensively, and streaky. While Parker could not space the floor and actually needed Kawhi in spot up positions to space the floor for him and his two man PnR game he liked to play with LMA. This is likely why Kawhi is possibly unhappy. Spurs don't have a PG compatible with his strengths. Lilliard, Irving, Lowry are the PGs that fit his game.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I agree with you, just talking tbh

Now is "not the time to a contender" with the Dubs as currently constructed. Now add the Rockets to the mix as they have the same championship window - as you have correctly alluded to.

As currently constructed, our most "seasoned" young gun is 23. We should sit back and develop these guys but we all know the Lakers won't do that. Short of poaching KD, there is nothing we can realistically do to get on their level short of raiding our young talent for a star or two. That doesn't work. Look at OKC. Top heavy and no bench. Anybody think they got a shot at the Finals? You gotta have depth or else you burn out your stars playing them too many minutes. This is what happened to Bin Harden last year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Longo wouldn't fit with him. Kawhi needs a floor spacing PG, and isn't a fastbreak player. He plays Kobe-style ball, preferring a slow-down half-court game. This was the biggest complaint the last two years upstairs, and why Mills vs. Parker was such a hot-topic. Mills could space the floor for Kawhi, but isn't a true PG, is horrible defensively, and streaky. While Parker could not space the floor and actually needed Kawhi in spot up positions to space the floor for him and his two man PnR game he liked to play with LMA. This is likely why Kawhi is possibly unhappy. Spurs don't have a PG compatible with his strengths. Lilliard, Irving, Lowry are the PGs that fit his game.
    Read my post again - we're in agreement. I said I'd trade everybody but Ingram. That includes Zo. Ingram has the highest ceiling on our roster. He's only 20. I saw him take several steps from his rookie year until now and I believe he's only scratching the surface of what he'll become 5 years from now when he enters his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you, just talking tbh

Now is "not the time to a contender" with the Dubs as currently constructed. Now add the Rockets to the mix as they have the same championship window - as you have correctly alluded to.

As currently constructed, our most "seasoned" young gun is 23. We should sit back and develop these guys but we all know the Lakers won't do that. Short of poaching KD, there is nothing we can realistically do to get on their level short of raiding our young talent for a star or two. That doesn't work. Look at OKC. Top heavy and no bench. Anybody think they got a shot at the Finals? You gotta have depth or else you burn out your stars playing them too many minutes. This is what happened to Bin Harden last year.
    Yeah. This is why the NBA and its franchises need to implement a farm system, since developing young players "on the job" kind of restricts your roster building flexibility. Ideally, you would want Longo, Ingram, and any other prospect being developed in the minor leagues, where there's little media and other distractions. Then you could sign your star to the big league club, play out a season while the youth develop in the minors (star would be comforted knowing there's a slew of hot prospects on the horizon), and then call them up for next season, so you would have your star plus seasoned and developed rookies.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I agree with many of the sentiments in this thread...we are flush with a roster of cheap talent with tremendous upside. Don't give them away. If we get Lebron and/or George as FA's this offseason, cool. If Kawhi wants to walk here in 2019, I'm all for it. But stand pat and let these guys grow. Despite the record, this season was a joy to watch and I'm excited about the development of our young core.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    LBJ to the Clipps His current supporting cast is better
    No, it isn't. We have NBA-caliber players who aren't named LeBron James on our roster. The Cavs don't.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, it isn't. We have NBA-caliber players who aren't named LeBron James on our roster. The Cavs don't.
    Kevin Love says hi. -15 points for lying to unsuspecting simpletons like David Dennisn

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I agree with many of the sentiments in this thread...we are flush with a roster of cheap talent with tremendous upside. Don't give them away. If we get Lebron and/or George as FA's this offseason, cool. If Kawhi wants to walk here in 2019, I'm all for it. But stand pat and let these guys grow. Despite the record, this season was a joy to watch and I'm excited about the development of our young core.
    Well said son. We won 35 games despite a myriad of injuries, a weird ass month long incarceration of a starter, inexplicably starting LNJ over Randle, trading 3 key contributors away, incorporating IT for like 10 games, and one of the youngest rosters in the league. I honestly believe we could have won 45 games with this roster had we not have all this turmoil. Within those 35 wins were victories over most current playoff teams still playing (except NO and the Dubs) - including a sweep of the Sp*rs.

I wanna see what we have in this young squad, but it's been 5 years since we made the playoffs. I don't think Maginka has the mettle or the patience to rebuild this thing the right way. You can't skip steps.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I would take tobias and sweet Lou over any Cav player except Lebron but that being said they arent all that great either ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I don't want to see BI break out on another team. I think he's gonna be nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno son. 27 got us Kuz when RC decided he'd rather stay at 29 and draft Derrick ing White
    Derrick White is good son. Should be the starting PG right now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Derrick White is good son. Should be the starting PG right now.
    Over D Murray?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    murray i find him overrated, he crashes the boards to pad his stats to keep minutes, but rebounding for pg is not special, just ask westbrick

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    meh. lakers don’t have to do anything. they’ve sucked for so long might as well continue and trust their rebuilding process under this new management. i like what i see form this core. they really play hard and enjoy everyone’s company. if kawhi or pau george wants to join, they should exercise their rights as free agents.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

All's well that ends well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LKer fan do not be surprised when he doesn’t get traded. You heard it here first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All's well that ends well.
    Yup he’s not getting traded. Fans are really tired of the daily return from injury management schtick and he really displayed some antisocial tendencies but Spurs aren’t Spurfan and they aren’t going to screw the team over emotional takes.

All we can do is hope that leg is going to be fine tbh. There’s a big deal of denial from spurfan that the chronic tendinopathy doesn’t look good going forward either.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    meh. lakers don’t have to do anything. they’ve sucked for so long might as well continue and trust their rebuilding process under this new management. i like what i see form this core. they really play hard and enjoy everyone’s company. if kawhi or pau george wants to join, they should exercise their rights as free agents.
    Agree ...really hope we exercise some patience. Our assets are so young another year of seasoning and their value increases.

Thread Information