Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay is so bad, tbh his positive plays stand out on a team full of ty offensive players, but he's also trash..
    Like what positive plays? The 1 for 5 on three? The ty falling down? The airballs? Dude is typical tall guy that can dunk and looks better than he is bc he gets transition buckets. Vet min. Or walk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like Rudy back. I believe that if he was actually in his intended role with our intended roster it would've been a nice complement off the bench.

Unforuntalety EVERYONE was asked to do more than they should have because of our main player going AWOL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay is so bad, tbh his positive plays stand out on a team full of ty offensive players, but he's also trash..
    He looks like an AllStar next to the Forbes and Fatheads of the world, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks like an AllStar next to the Forbes and Fatheads of the world, tbh
    Spurs need to raise their standards..I don't mind Gay as a bench piece, but they need real starters..

Just because a player looks capable in comparison to other trash on the roster, doesn't mean he's worth much..like Simmons, for example, another ty player who looked good compared to other trash(and has shown his real worth in Orlando)..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is over 30 and with a bad injury just last year. He played decently but not as good as worth a big money deal...expecially in a dry market and after a season where he didn't play all games. He could receive the mid level for some years from some other team...but probably could receive the same or more from us after a full year next year in a better team like I hope we should be...so, for different reasons from Green, I hope he opts in...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing Gay only makes sense if Kawhi returns, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree he is a good bench player who I would rather give money to then Green, Forbes, Anderson, Paul, Joffrey, and Bertans. As far as the above mentioned they can be let go or traded maybe keep Bertans I don’t think he clicks with Pop for some reason. We need starter players I am not talking All Stars but good decent players that can do the norm - dribble the ball (Green), shot from outside (Anderson) play defense (Forbes) rebound (Bertans)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to raise their standards..I don't mind Gay as a bench piece, but they need real starters..

Just because a player looks capable in comparison to other trash on the roster, doesn't mean he's worth much..like Simmons, for example, another ty player who looked good compared to other trash(and has shown his real worth in Orlando)..
    Don't necessarily disagree, but with the albatross contracts of Mills and Pau we're limited, and beggars can't be choosers, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only issue with Gay for me is that he was really expensive as a "risk" guys like Rose, Beasley, Jeff and Gerald Green and Rondo in addition to quite a few others were available for really cheap deals, and they could have provided some much-need offensive fire power. Gay on his own was more interesting and possibly better than the these guys, but it's debatable, and it's damned sure is considering the money.

If Pop is going to get rid of a bunch of guys but not tank, he needs to bring in some of these guys (or rather guys like them). Some may bust, but some probably won't. The main buyout market was a dub this year, and that had a lot to do with this early min-season. If the main force of the team returns next season, Pop is going to need to give the guys vet compe ion for rotation spots and not just some UDFAs and two-way guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like Rudy back. I believe that if he was actually in his intended role with our intended roster it would've been a nice complement off the bench.

Unforuntalety EVERYONE was asked to do more than they should have because of our main player going AWOL.
    This cannot be stated strongly, or written boldly, enough.

Exposure happens when not properly covered. Kawhi's absence was the equivalent of stripping the clothes right off of everybody, except for Aldridge. He had his best year, perhaps of his career. When only one player (along with perhaps Manu not being fully exposed) rises to the occasion, that should underscore that the roster was never intended to function this way.

Simply put, you build the team differently if you know Kawhi isn't going to show up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only issue with Gay for me is that he was really expensive as a "risk" guys like Rose, Beasley, Jeff and Gerald Green and Rondo in addition to quite a few others were available for really cheap deals, and they could have provided some much-need offensive fire power. Gay on his own was more interesting and possibly better than the these guys, but it's debatable, and it's damned sure is considering the money.

If Pop is going to get rid of a bunch of guys but not tank, he needs to bring in some of these guys (or rather guys like them). Some may bust, but some probably won't. The main buyout market was a dub this year, and that had a lot to do with this early min-season. If the main force of the team returns next season, Pop is going to need to give the guys vet compe ion for rotation spots and not just some UDFAs and two-way guys.
    I was interested in all those guys, especially Green when I found out he was cut, but I have no idea why the front office didn't at least get 1 or 2 of them on cheap deals. The front office sucks.

Once I find out the Kawhi story, I really want to see who is in the wrong. If Kawhi wants to leave because the roster sucks, then I don't blame him. I could have done a better job with the roster. I never would have re-signed Mills and I sure as wouldn't have re-upped Gasol for 3 years. I would would have given him a 1 + 1 deal (2nd year only half guaranteed), take it or leave it. I also would have tried to get Dedmon and Simmons back on reasonable deals if they were interested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was ok, not great, and missed 25 games. He also was on a deal that's fair considering production but is not a bargain. There were many veteran players that went for less last summer that panned out about the same and some were better as Chinook said. Ejem Tyreke Evans. I hope the team doesn't bring everyone right back. They are going to have to pick up some new gambles.

As for Rudy, I could see him back. I think he fit in personality and Pop values the culture and personality a lot so...
    Last edited by SAGirl; 04-20-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with chinook on this. I would be fine if they resign him using non-bird rights (or he opts in), he has been decent with flashes of pretty good. This pretty much implies we would be operating in an above cap environment. I wouldn't touch the MLE for him, IMO, that has to be used to upgrade our terrible guard play. If we have cap, presumably we have renounced Rudy and have a much bigger target in mind - the only way we would spend cap-space on him is if we make cap and other options fail to sign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was interested in all those guys, especially Green when I found out he was cut, but I have no idea why the front office didn't at least get 1 or 2 of them on cheap deals. The front office sucks.

Once I find out the Kawhi story, I really want to see who is in the wrong. If Kawhi wants to leave because the roster sucks, then I don't blame him. I could have done a better job with the roster. I never would have re-signed Mills and I sure as wouldn't have re-upped Gasol for 3 years. I would would have given him a 1 + 1 deal (2nd year only half guaranteed), take it or leave it. I also would have tried to get Dedmon and Simmons back on reasonable deals if they were interested.
    same here

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a lot of worse players to bring back then Gay. Don't complain about his shots last game when our offense as a whole was sh1t all game and season.

I hate fathead, gasol, and danny green when he dribbles. Especially fathead. Dam regular season rotational player tops.

Him and Aldridge are the only ones who can score above 20 pts at any point.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Hopefully he opts out, Spurs need to raise their standards during this retool period..stop building around slow-paced mid-range shooters who don't create for others..

Fully expect him to return to SA, though..
    Good luck retooling w/ GaSoft/Fatty's contract eating up the cap space

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah Lebron is coming here. In 2022 for $15 million a year.

Thread Information