Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum, brown and a pick. That’s easy. this dude. Do it, move on and don’t look back.
    Yep, I think if Kawhi is available there will be a bidding war for him. If Boston wants another big name, which they were trying for last year and had to settle on Gordon, this would be there best chance to get one. They have already shown they will move talent to get a big name, make it happen RC!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porzingis and the kicks first rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, I think if Kawhi is available there will be a bidding war for him. If Boston wants another big name, which they were trying for last year and had to settle on Gordon, this would be there best chance to get one. They have already shown they will move talent to get a big name, make it happen RC!
    Yeah. If isn’t coming back there’s a bunch of talent out there. I’m really really disappointed in this kid. He was supposed to be Spurs material. We were all fooled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. If isn’t coming back there’s a bunch of talent out there. I’m really really disappointed in this kid. He was supposed to be Spurs material. We were all fooled.
    What makes u think he isn't? Because he is injured? Tony Parker is spurs material and he is an egotistical jerk who s teammates' wives... Imagine if Kawhi ed manu's wife... Ppl would crucify him... Imagine if he downplayed the success of his teammates... Kawhi is injured, and because he has a reclusive personality and isn't tweeting like LeBron, ppl think he doesn't wanna be here... The only issues I can see him having is with how Parker and Manu has been dealing with this... Very selfish tbh...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes u think he isn't? Because he is injured? Tony Parker is spurs material and he is an egotistical jerk who s teammates' wives... Imagine if Kawhi ed manu's wife... Ppl would crucify him... Imagine if he downplayed the success of his teammates... Kawhi is injured, and because he has a reclusive personality and isn't tweeting like LeBron, ppl think he doesn't wanna be here... The only issues I can see him having is with how Parker and Manu has been dealing with this... Very selfish tbh...
    So you're calling stuff people out for people making assumptions about Kawhi, yet you're doing the exact same thing with Tony. There is nowhere that has said he slept with Brent Barry's wife. I'm pretty sure if he did, he wouldn't still be on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're calling stuff people out for people making assumptions about Kawhi, yet you're doing the exact same thing with Tony. There is nowhere that has said he slept with Brent Barry's wife. I'm pretty sure if he did, he wouldn't still be on the Spurs.
    I am not thinking MANU called out KIWI, but i think TP was in his statement.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully his career is over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi will sign contract and prove this whole thing was overblown
    Yeah, by Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't the Memphis pick have a ton of protection on it though?
    I believe you are correct.
    The only magic offer I would be interested in would be: top3 pick + Isaac + Hezonja (S&T) + Gordon

Haven't heard of an Magic trade proposal yet but;

Kawhi

for

5th pick, 35th pick, 41st pick, Gordon, and Issac's is at least a compe ve offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi

for

5th pick, 35th pick, 41st pick, Gordon, and Issac's is at least a compe ve offer.
    No immediate, proven replacement for Kawhi. With no guarantee that Rudy will be back, I think the Spurs have to look for an immediate contributor at the position. Might get it in free agency, but I'd rather see it as part of the deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He finds balls

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi

for

I actually mentioned the Spurs doing a sign and trade that would mean Spurs sending Kawhi to Orlando for Gordon, Vucevic, and their lottery pick. The Spurs could also give them Gasol and Mills' disgusting contracts

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No max. Vet min, and spurs dont play him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No immediate, proven replacement for Kawhi. With no guarantee that Rudy will be back, I think the Spurs have to look for an immediate contributor at the position. Might get it in free agency, but I'd rather see it as part of the deal.
    I am confident that Rudy will be back next year so I wouldn't be super worried about getting a replacement 3 back for Kawhi in a trade or in FA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am confident that Rudy will be back next year so I wouldn't be super worried about getting a replacement 3 back for Kawhi in a trade or in FA.
    Its possible but who knows, seems pretty likely he’s opting out and SA doesn’t have any bird rights.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi

for

For Magic that would be a lot for a one year rental. Leonard isn’t extending there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its possible but who knows, seems pretty likely he’s opting out and SA doesn’t have any bird rights.
    And likely no room over the cap to pay beyond MLE right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really depends. SA could have some decent cap space depending on a few things or be operating over the cap with the MLE

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I understand it correctly as a guy who has had 1 year with the team, the team's non-bird rights allow them to offer him up to a 20% raise as an exception - which is to say something in the $10 Million region vs the $8.4 million of the MLE

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they have non-Bird rights and can re-sign him to 105% of this year's salary. But that's basically the same as him opting in, at least for next season only. I don't know how I would feel about giving him a 2 or 3 year contract.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really depends. SA could have some decent cap space depending on a few things or be operating over the cap with the MLE
    Keeping Kawhi almost certainly means operating above the cap. Trading him is a golden opportunity to get rid of bad contracts, so Gay opting out would actually help.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they can use “non-bird” rights to resign Rudy since he completed 1 year of service, so if they’re operating over the cap they’d still have the MLE.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/04/...-rights-2.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi’s number is fixed next year regardless of any extension. SA, even with Kawhi back could definitely have cap space if TP is gone (or drastically reduced), Danny/Rudy opt out. Any trades as well open things up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have non bird, meaning that they can sign him to a multi year deal starting at 105℅ of this year's salary, (8.8 million, IIRC)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keeping Kawhi almost certainly means operating above the cap. Trading him is a golden opportunity to get rid of bad contracts, so Gay opting out would actually help.
    I would make taking on Mills a requirement for any Kawhi trade, though I don't know if PAFTO sees it the same way. Gasol, would excell as a full-time backup big so I would keep him around for next season before stretching and waiving him and using the savings to get into FA

Thread Information