Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would make taking on Mills a requirement for any Kawhi trade, though I don't know if PAFTO sees it the same way. Gasol, would excell as a full-time backup big so I would keep him around for next season before stretching and waiving him and using the savings to get into FA
    Mills has the "corporate knowledge" and fits the culture of the organization. That and the fact that Parker has fallen off a cliff and Ginobili might retire...they need a backup PG and potential 6th man.

I'm not saying Patty is the right guy, but I don't see them handing over the reigns to Forbes or White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have non bird, meaning that they can sign him to a multi year deal starting at 105℅ of this year's salary, (8.8 million, IIRC)
    All it takes is a team with cap space to offer him $12M and I think that would do it. He likely has one good contract left, now that he's proven he he has recovered. I HOPE he's back, but I'm not optimistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills has the "corporate knowledge" and fits the culture of the organization. That and the fact that Parker has fallen off a cliff and Ginobili might retire...they need a backup PG and potential 6th man.

I'm not saying Patty is the right guy, but I don't see them handing over the reigns to Forbes or White.
    I have some slight hope that Patty might actually improve over this season if he returned to his former minutes and role as a spark plug off the bench. On the other hand, Gasol is just bad, and he will only get worse. I would rather keep Patty and dump Pau. However, my preference would be for the Spurs to move both players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of the issue I hope Kawhi is physically ok, that's good for both parties. I think PATFO will try their best to keep Kawhi and that is the smart thing to do. They will take the high road just like Lamarcus situation. However, if Kawhi insist to be traded, I will not be surprise if PATFO will full the trigger and get good value from him.
    Ideal scenario, Kawhi stays and we get Lebron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would make taking on Mills a requirement for any Kawhi trade, though I don't know if PAFTO sees it the same way. Gasol, would excell as a full-time backup big so I would keep him around for next season before stretching and waiving him and using the savings to get into FA
    Mills has been our 3rd best player this post season. At there is a large gap between 3 and 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think they trade Mills.
    That’s wishful thinking, like last season. He’s staying. He’ll headline a tank if it comes to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we get a time machine and bring the 2014 team back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All it takes is a team with cap space to offer him $12M and I think that would do it. He likely has one good contract left, now that he's proven he he has recovered. I HOPE he's back, but I'm not optimistic.
    Most of cap space teams are bad teams and also young, giving Gay $12 million probably isn't going to happen. Playoffs teams may have interest but more than a few of them won't be able to use all of their MLE without going into the tax so the Spurs should have a good chance of re-signing him.

Never tell me the odds- Kuestmaster's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't want him back at this point. Who do he thinks he is to keep all the organistation in jeopardy? Sue his sorry ass and ship him to the worst possible franchise to rot there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Kawhi with Mills to the Lakers for Ingram, Randle, Kuzma, a future 1st and sign and trade of Lopez. Then watch Ingram become an all-star averaging 25 ppg, while Leonard remains out, causing the Lakers pick to the Spurs to be a lottery pick, which miraculously becomes the first pick in the draft.
    Side effects will see Bertans, Forbes and Anderson sent for better shooters who can play better defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns are the best trade partner.

Josh Jackson & the #1 pick
    Come on baby.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It starts with JR Smith driving Kawhi to the airport...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bell thompson golden state

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kiwi for tatum+rozier+morris+2 firsts

kiwi for fultz+saric+1sts

kiwi+fatty for ingram+lonzo+filler+1sts