Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideal: sixers win the #1 pick and trade it with Fultz, Covington and Saric for Leonard

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He advises he will only sign an extension with the Lakers, thus eliminating any other teams for seriously bidding for him, we have no choice but to trade him to the Lakes for crumbs for Kuzma, Hart and maybe Randle plus their 2019 1st.
    I'd rather get nothing whatsoever. Randle is a FA so you're probably talking a four year, $95 million contract for him if you make that trade. No thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He advises he will only sign an extension with the Lakers, thus eliminating any other teams for seriously bidding for him, we have no choice but to trade him to the Lakes for crumbs for Kuzma, Hart and maybe Randle plus their 2019 1st. But this draws the ire of the basketball Gods who inflict upon Kawhi serious debilitating degenerative tendonitis and he never ever recovers to the player he once was and the Lakers eat a monster super max contract.

Under no obligation to only trade with Lakers. If that is the crap thats offered, I say let Kwahi walk and put his money where his mouth is. He loses the supermax extension from us and whatever the higher max is with a trade. he wants to sign elsewhere as a free agent, let him do it. He'll lose around $80 million by doing that? Thats his choice...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather get the opportunity to work things out with him than randle and a low 1st... They aren't getting Tatum and brown and a first, etc.
    Ingram is going to be included at a bare minimum in any trade with the Fakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum, (another Boston player), 1st round pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1- Trade for a top5 pick+ 1st rounder + young non injury prone player

2- Keep him but don't offer any contract extension and let him play to qualify for the supermax again

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideal would be he comes back 100% and leads the Spurs to a championship, wins the MVP, and shuts up all the doubters in here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideal: sixers win the #1 pick and trade it with Fultz, Covington and Saric for Leonard
    this potential sixers package is the best we've seen so far. i wonder if they'd actually part with all 4 of those pieces, though

that said, my #1 option is still to just reconcile with kawhi... but if we're dead set on moving him, thats the deal i want. the lakers/celtics packages that have been thrown around dont seem nearly as good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, the big names don’t want to play in SA stigma is only going to get louder and worse than it already is if the Spurs end up trading Kawhi. Aldridge signed then wanted to be traded. Now kawhi’s situation is a mess.

Spurs got to loosen the reigns a bit. They are beyond private and have an arrogance about how they run things and shut every out. I don’t mean go sign the And 1 b-ball team, but cmon man. Get some athletes in here and let them show some passion.

That ‘soul box’ bit on Gane of Zones was so accurate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade him to the Sixers for their lottery pick,Fultz,Saric. I think this would be the worst situation for Kawhi since he doesn't get to go to LA. Also he would have to defer to younger players in Embiid,Simmons. In Philadelphia Kawhi would be forced to play a James Worthy type of role instead of being the man. He would also get overshadowed endorsement wise by Simmons and Embiid since those guys have bigger personalities then him. He would be put in a similar situation that LMA was the last few years which is his team would be winning but he probably wouldn't be happy with his role. Also if he wants to leave Philly to go to LA he would get crucified by the media for leaving a loaded team in a big market for a lottery squad. Added bonus the fans would be ruthless towards him when he sits out 10 games with a hang nail infection.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, the big names don’t want to play in SA stigma is only going to get louder and worse than it already is if the Spurs end up trading Kawhi. Aldridge signed then wanted to be traded. Now kawhi’s situation is a mess.

Spurs got to loosen the reigns a bit. They are beyond private and have an arrogance about how they run things and shut every out. I don’t mean go sign the And 1 b-ball team, but cmon man. Get some athletes in here and let them show some passion.

That ‘soul box’ bit on Gane of Zones was so accurate.
    That's a stigma every small market team has to deal with. It sucks but it is what it is. These guys all want to be in big markets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a stigma every small market team has to deal with. It sucks but it is what it is. These guys all want to be in big markets.
    True, but they'll pick SA over most other small market teams. Warmer than most all small market teams, except Orlando. Can golf during days off on nicer days. Bigger city than most. Coach Pop. Best franchise in sports, or at least basketball, moniker. Winning history.

They've actually landed a big name free agent. See Aldridge.
    Have had role players wanting to come here for a chance to win. See West and Gay

League wide, I'd say there are only maybe a handful of locations that might be more desirable. Miami, NY & Brooklyn, Boston, LA, GS. Maybe Chicago when they're good. Atlanta, when they're good. Phoenix, when they're good.

Reaching on others, imo.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max extension,
    LeBron losses in the first round and signs with the Spurs,
    Spurs trade Patty,
    Find a shooter with some size

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade him to the Sixers for their lottery pick,Fultz,Saric. I think this would be the worst situation for Kawhi since he doesn't get to go to LA. Also he would have to defer to younger players in Embiid,Simmons. In Philadelphia Kawhi would be forced to play a James Worthy type of role instead of being the man. He would also get overshadowed endorsement wise by Simmons and Embiid since those guys have bigger personalities then him. He would be put in a similar situation that LMA was the last few years which is his team would be winning but he probably wouldn't be happy with his role. Also if he wants to leave Philly to go to LA he would get crucified by the media for leaving a loaded team in a big market for a lottery squad. Added bonus the fans would be ruthless towards him when he sits out 10 games with a hang nail infection.
    i think covington would have to be there just to make the salaries work

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think covington would have to be there just to make the salaries work
    If that's the case I think the Sixers would still be down to do the trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Re-sign Kawhi
    2. Pursue Demarcus Cousins
    3. Pursue Avery Bradley

Ginobili retires, Danny Green doesnt get re-signed, trade or cut Gasol to sign both these guys even if it involves dangling our #18 pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I like the Philly trade plus would be nice to have the East Vs West be compe ive like in the old days. If they do this trade and they all stay healthy they have 5 years easy of being in the finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't really care tbh. He can go himself. Get what you can get for him and move on.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    has tim duncan said anything about the kawhi situation?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Re-sign Kawhi
    2. Pursue Demarcus Cousins
    3. Pursue Avery Bradley

Ginobili retires, Danny Green doesnt get re-signed, trade or cut Gasol to sign both these guys even if it involves dangling our #18 pick
    let go of a declining role player who can't shoot anymore, but then sign another declining role player who can't shoot anymore..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I like the Philly trade plus would be nice to have the East Vs West be compe ive like in the old days. If they do this trade and they all stay healthy they have 5 years easy of being in the finals.
    Agreed. The added bonus is we create a super team in the Sixers that throws a wrench in the Warriors plans to create long term dynasty like the 90's bulls, 80's Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather get the opportunity to work things out with him than randle and a low 1st... They aren't getting Tatum and brown and a first, etc.
    People think he has a ton of leverage, but he really doesn't. He's already cost himself about $35M guaranteed in the form of the SuperMax (5/213M). If he threatens to not sign with a team, and the trade goes down anyway, he loses another $40M (5/179M --> 4/139M) in guaranteed money if he leaves. If he's traded to a very good team like Boston, it's really in his interest to stay. That's why I outright reject trades from trash teams like PHO. Most players don't have just one team they'll go to. Kyrie had like four on his list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi watching this video would be cool, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA people are pushing this Kawhi thing hard. There will be significant pressure on Magic and Co for Kawhi.

Think about this from a LA fan perspective. LA, while in a good spot cap wise, is also on dicey ground. They have been bad for so long. They promised changes. They had a guy like Paul George outright saying he wanted to go there & they let OKC snatch him up. They have maybe a shot at Kawhi. If they let another team trade for Kawhi? LA would be at risk of 2 stars (one for sure in Paul George) wanting to go to LA very publicly but LA not taking care of business. If PG doesn’t sign with LA this off-season that is a MASSIVE PR blow. Then if LA fans see them not cough up a great package for Kawhi & he goes to another team like PG did? Dicey proposition for LA management

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In order of preference

1. Kawhi signs a supermax extension like Embiid, with non guarantee triggers giving the Spurs outs if he misses too many games to quad issues

2. Kawhi is traded for Luca Doncic and whatever else they can get from that team

3. Straight up trade for LeBron. A long shot (0%) depending on LeBron opting in and Cleveland being willing, but they already have the infrastructure in place to contend in the East or could move him at the deadline and get more than they would have for LeBron.

4. Kawhi is banned from the team, banned from using team resources, and suspended without pay for all next year. Maybe he tries to show up to at least get his money. Whatever, he can still lbs banished like Noah. The whole time a whisper campaign against his ever playing again due to health issues will commence to try and get whatever team signs him to make it short or without full guarantees so that if he ever gets hurt seriously his whole lifetime earnings are severely impacted.

I don't want any of these other crap deals to make someone else a le winner like Boston or Philadelphia. I'm still pissed off at Pop dealing Rodman to Chicago, giving him everything he wanted while also giving them the missing piece after Horace Grant had left. Anyone with a clue knew the Bulls were winning the le after that.

Pop only had two offers: Chicago and Perdue and Milwaukee and Todd Day. I would have taken Day out of spite, or just suspended Rodman all year.

Making other teams champions is for suckers.

Thread Information