Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In order of preference

1. Kawhi signs a supermax extension like Embiid, with non guarantee triggers giving the Spurs outs if he misses too many games to quad issues

2. Kawhi is traded for Luca Doncic and whatever else they can get from that team

3. Straight up trade for LeBron. A long shot (0%) depending on LeBron opting in and Cleveland being willing, but they already have the infrastructure in place to contend in the East or could move him at the deadline and get more than they would have for LeBron.

4. Kawhi is banned from the team, banned from using team resources, and suspended without pay for all next year. Maybe he tries to show up to at least get his money. Whatever, he can still lbs banished like Noah. The whole time a whisper campaign against his ever playing again due to health issues will commence to try and get whatever team signs him to make it short or without full guarantees so that if he ever gets hurt seriously his whole lifetime earnings are severely impacted.

I don't want any of these other crap deals to make someone else a le winner like Boston or Philadelphia. I'm still pissed off at Pop dealing Rodman to Chicago, giving him everything he wanted while also giving them the missing piece after Horace Grant had left. Anyone with a clue knew the Bulls were winning the le after that.

Pop only had two offers: Chicago and Perdue and Milwaukee and Todd Day. I would have taken Day out of spite, or just suspended Rodman all year.

Making other teams champions is for suckers.

That ing Rodman trade completely changed the way he was perceived by NBA fans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In order of preference

1. Kawhi signs a supermax extension like Embiid, with non guarantee triggers giving the Spurs outs if he misses too many games to quad issues

2. Kawhi is traded for Luca Doncic and whatever else they can get from that team

3. Straight up trade for LeBron. A long shot (0%) depending on LeBron opting in and Cleveland being willing, but they already have the infrastructure in place to contend in the East or could move him at the deadline and get more than they would have for LeBron.

4. Kawhi is banned from the team, banned from using team resources, and suspended without pay for all next year. Maybe he tries to show up to at least get his money. Whatever, he can still lbs banished like Noah. The whole time a whisper campaign against his ever playing again due to health issues will commence to try and get whatever team signs him to make it short or without full guarantees so that if he ever gets hurt seriously his whole lifetime earnings are severely impacted.

I don't want any of these other crap deals to make someone else a le winner like Boston or Philadelphia. I'm still pissed off at Pop dealing Rodman to Chicago, giving him everything he wanted while also giving them the missing piece after Horace Grant had left. Anyone with a clue knew the Bulls were winning the le after that.

Pop only had two offers: Chicago and Perdue and Milwaukee and Todd Day. I would have taken Day out of spite, or just suspended Rodman all year.

The bulls were going to get Jayson Williams had they not gotten Rodman. Jordan had recruited Jayson heavily and he was on the verge of omitting to them up until the Rodman trade happened. They still would have won les with Williams instead had they not gotten Rodman.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed the trade set up Rodman for life. Without the trade he doesn't become a celebrity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, the big names don’t want to play in SA stigma is only going to get louder and worse than it already is if the Spurs end up trading Kawhi. Aldridge signed then wanted to be traded. Now kawhi’s situation is a mess.

Spurs got to loosen the reigns a bit
    . They are beyond private and have an arrogance about how they run things and shut every out. I don’t mean go sign the And 1 b-ball team, but cmon man. Get some athletes in here and let them show some passion.

That ‘soul box’ bit on Gane of Zones was so accurate.
    this

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bulls were going to get Jayson Williams had they not gotten Rodman. Jordan had recruited Jayson heavily and he was on the verge of omitting to them up until the Rodman trade happened. They still would have won les with Williams instead had they not gotten Rodman.
    I don't remember even hearing that, but even if true they don't win as much. Williams wasn't the defender Rodman was at all, and furthermore they couldn't afford to keep him anyways, with Rodman they had Bird Rights

But also, screw Rodman over anyway. That clown sabotaged the Spurs so damn bad, don't give him what he wants.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't remember even hearing that, but even if true they don't win as much. Williams wasn't the defender Rodman was at all, and furthermore they couldn't afford to keep him anyways, with Rodman they had Bird Rights

But also, screw Rodman over anyway. That clown sabotaged the Spurs so damn bad, don't give him what he wants.
    This article shows the bulls were targeting Jayson Williams originally http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...day-approaches

Unfortunately Kawhi could still get what he wants even if the Spurs trade him to hole since he's an FA after next season. That's why I rather send him him to the Sixers. Even though he would win over there he would not be happy not being the 1 guy much like LMA wasn't happy here in SA the last few years. He would also be put in a tough situation that if he leaves the Sixers he would get crucified by the media for leaving a stacked team in a big market for a lottery team in the Lakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideal would be for Kawhi to resign. I have a hard time believing he will though. So the next best thing if he doesn't want to be here is to trade him for Boston's two studs Brown and Tatum and their pick. After that you trade Gasol to Memphis for JaMychal Green. After that you trade Mills for a pick. Resign Danny. Go after LeBron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why I rather send him him to the Sixers. Even though he would win over there he would not be happy not being the 1 guy much like LMA wasn't happy here in SA the last few years. He would also be put in a tough situation that if he leaves the Sixers he would get crucified by the media for leaving a stacked team in a big market for a lottery team in the Lakers.
    Unlike LMA, if Kawhi doesn't have the ball in his hands that much, he still plays at elite level and can win other DPOY which will increase his value in FA.

Some media guys are supporting him while they think he'll leave the best franchise in the world...Without a doubt, they'll support him again.

If the Spurs want to trade him and he ends in Philly, I'd like him to stay...They're young, they just need other top player to build a contender...I can imagine Kawhi dominating weak EC teams.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 04-20-2018 at 06:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideal Kawhi off-season; Injury was legit, but he is healthy and remains a Spur! That is it! We cannot win without Kawhi and rebuilding our team by trading him will take us past LA's prime. It's a no-brainer to be honest.

Sign Lou Williams, extend Rudy (like you did Pau last off-season), bring Tony and Manu back at vet's min, bring Kyle and Davis back (it doesn't look like there is going to be a market for them). And look for improvement from within!
    Last edited by alpha_HaZE; 04-20-2018 at 06:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's uncle dying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's uncle dying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideal would be he comes back 100% and leads the Spurs to a championship, wins the MVP, and shuts up all the doubters in here.
    The doubt will never be gone. He didn't handle this well. Even if the injury was legit, he pissed a lot of his teammates off, and disrespected the FO and medical staff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In order of preference

Damn, Pop got fleeced for Rodman

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlike LMA, if Kawhi doesn't have the ball in his hands that much, he still plays at elite level and can win other DPOY which will increase his value in FA.

Some media guys are supporting him while they think he'll leave the best franchise in the world...Without a doubt, they'll support him again.

If the Spurs want to trade him and he ends in Philly, I'd like him to stay...They're young, they just need other top player to build a contender...I can imagine Kawhi dominating weak EC teams.
    Don't waste my time anymore with your lame fanboy responses. Everybody in here knows you have Kawhi's in your mouth. Shouldn't you be walking Kawhi's dog right now?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's uncle dying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't waste my time anymore with your lame fanboy responses. Everybody in here knows you have Kawhi's in your mouth. Shouldn't you be walking Kawhi's dog right now?
    Don't get mad.

It's not my fault if you're that stupid to think that Kawhi would be a total mess with the Sixers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get mad.

It's not my fault if you're that stupid to think that Kawhi would be a total mess with the Sixers.
    Mad that's you every time you respond to my posts like you are Kawhi's girlfriend. Notice how I never respond to your re ed posts but you are the one that always responds to me. Come on man we all know you wish that Kawhi would stuff his in your mouth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA people are pushing this Kawhi thing hard. There will be significant pressure on Magic and Co for Kawhi.

Think about this from a LA fan perspective. LA, while in a good spot cap wise, is also on dicey ground. They have been bad for so long. They promised changes. They had a guy like Paul George outright saying he wanted to go there & they let OKC snatch him up. They have maybe a shot at Kawhi. If they let another team trade for Kawhi? LA would be at risk of 2 stars (one for sure in Paul George) wanting to go to LA very publicly but LA not taking care of business. If PG doesn’t sign with LA this off-season that is a MASSIVE PR blow. Then if LA fans see them not cough up a great package for Kawhi & he goes to another team like PG did? Dicey proposition for LA management
    What would their best offer be though? Ingram+Kuzma+1st? I highly doubt the Spurs take Lavar, err, I mean Lonzo.

IMO it will be hard to top Boston's assets. I want Brown+Tatum+1st. Of course, that is if Boston is willing to give that kind of package. Although a trio of Kyrie/Kawhi/Hayward is tempting, I imagine there will be a lot of concern about their health (all three are currently injured). Brown, Tatum, and the pick are all gonna have fresh legs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mad that's you every time you respond to my posts like you are Kawhi's girlfriend. Notice how I never respond to your re ed posts but you are the one that always responds to me. Come on man we all know you wish that Kawhi would stuff his in your mouth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's uncle dying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said that Kawhi wouldn't get success playing with young and talented guys...It would make me wonder how you can't see the potential of an Eastern team with him.

Your stupid basketball take deserved a response.

Do I have to notice you don't respond my posts? Really? Is that an issue? I post what I want to post, who cares if you read or respond...
    Last edited by YGWHI; 04-20-2018 at 07:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regains his health, returns to MVP form, gets on a team with LeBron, DJohn Murray, Dedman, a competent coach and staff.
    Runs a train on the league and even WarriorRef cannot stop them from a legit Championship.

Only way that happens here is if Pock Face retires to his snowflake circuit and takes his yes men with him.
    1/10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He was the same weirdo in Chicago. The only difference was his jersey said Bulls.

When he was I n SA, bob costas was questioning whether he should still be in the league. Goes to Chicago and the media did a complete 180.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he was I n SA, bob costas was questioning whether he should still be in the league. Goes to Chicago and the media did a complete 180.
    Narratives change in a second. I wonder why it's so hard to understand for some guys here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Will Perdue was a rotation player on the Spurs first championship team.

Thread Information