Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Try to work it out with Leonard.

2. If not, 3 way trade: Leonard to CLE; Love to Knicks; Spurs get 8 and 9, small parts like Osman, Zizic, Ntilkina, but eat Kantors or Noah’s contract.

3. After doing above deal do separate deal to send Patty and 18 to Philly in exchange for some combo of their numerous second rounders this year and rights to Bolden/AP.

4. Agressively shop Pau by the Feb. deadline and Danny if he opts in to a team needing cap relief.

5. Move on from Kyle. Keep Manu/Tony on minimum deals to help bring in the new guys.

6. Bring coach Bud back into the fold to start the rebuild/reload.

Mods ruined spurstalk!!!! Walter Donovan's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    The San Antonio SuperSonics trade Kawhi, Pau, Murray, and their 1st for Greek Freak and Khris Middleton

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Perdue was a rotation player on the Spurs first championship team.
    I know, I remember the times he played well, and I don't care.

Useful against LA and Portland, never even played against New York

Rodman shat all over the team and his teammates, tried to throw playoff games, and still talks trash and spreads lies that the media repeats unchallenged to this day, over 20 years later.

Kawhi will do the same thing if you make him happy and give in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said that Kawhi wouldn't get success playing with young and talented guys...It would make me wonder how you can't see the potential of an Eastern team with him.

Your stupid basketball take deserved a response.

Do I have to notice you don't respond my posts? Really? Is that an issue? I post what I want to post, who cares if you read or respond...
    Proving again you are an emotional Kawhi fan boy who wants Kawhi's in his mouth. I never said the Sixers would suck with Kawhi. I have actually said a few times they would win the le with Kawhi but you wouldn't know that since you were probably masturbating to some Kawhi pics while you were reading my posts. Seriously dude get mental help since you have a tendency to make up stuff out of thin air that's not true like the time you said Manu and Tony had beef with Kawhi for years then backtracked liked a re when people called you out on it. I said Philly would suck for Kawhi on a personal level simply because he would not be the number 1 option on the Sixers and would have to play a James Worthy type of role with them which is not desirable for him or Uncle Dennis.

Anyways I know your fantasy is for Kawhi to on your face and you to scream Master Kawhi a bunch of times but you have to accept reality that it's not happening.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that was Brutal.

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA people are pushing this Kawhi thing hard. There will be significant pressure on Magic and Co for Kawhi.

Think about this from a LA fan perspective. LA, while in a good spot cap wise, is also on dicey ground. They have been bad for so long. They promised changes. They had a guy like Paul George outright saying he wanted to go there & they let OKC snatch him up. They have maybe a shot at Kawhi. If they let another team trade for Kawhi? LA would be at risk of 2 stars (one for sure in Paul George) wanting to go to LA very publicly but LA not taking care of business. If PG doesn’t sign with LA this off-season that is a MASSIVE PR blow. Then if LA fans see them not cough up a great package for Kawhi & he goes to another team like PG did? Dicey proposition for LA management
    I agree with this. I think the best chance we have of getting a decent deal for kwahi is either a mediocre to bad team (Atlanta, Phoenix ect)that will take a chance figuring it is their only chance to get a star or the Lakers. The Lakers are the one team that actually needs kwahi this offseason as opposed to waiting for him as a free agent. I’m sure the grand laker plan is trade for kwahi without having to sacrifice cap space this offseason then Use kwahi to lure lebron and/or Paul George then use kwahis bird rights next year. While I prefer Boston’s assets I don’t think ainge trades brown and Tatum. Maybe one or the other but not both. I could see the Lakers offering kuzma or Ingram as the centerpiece of a trade the spurs wanting both and the Lakers initially saying no. Spurs shop him to another team, the Lakers find out and end up caving and trading something like Ingram, kuzma, hart and filler to keep their lbj/pg13 dream alive

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is going to be traded package him with either mills or gasol
    Gasol has one year left?
    yeah I hope we can get a top 10 pick, all-star caliber player, and get rid of Mills
    in exchange for Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade him to the Clippers for Harris and their two lottery picks. Package the three picks to move up into the top-5. Harris plugs in at forward and the Spurs get a shot at a new "franchise" type player.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Stays, proves he was really hurt, signs the supermax.
    2. Gets traded to a small-market team to punish him for wasting a season if proven all he was after was a shoe deal. Preferably the Hawks for their draft pick. If he were to be severely punished I suggest the Grizzlies.
    3. Gets traded for another star who actually wants to show up and play.
    4. Traded for Devin Booker and other young pieces.
    5. Stays and gets low-balled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum, (another Boston player), 1st round pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kiwi for tatum+rozier+morris+2 firsts

kiwi for fultz+saric+1sts

kiwi+fatty for ingram+lonzo+filler+1sts

get it done PATFO
    That Lakers trade would be horrid;

Clippers have the 12th, 13th, Harris' and Beverley

That's a much better trade package

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade him to the Clippers for Harris and their two lottery picks. Package the three picks to move up into the top-5. Harris plugs in at forward and the Spurs get a shot at a new "franchise" type player.
    Agreed, with the Clippers package idea

though I would tend to lean on keeping all three picks, unless a team in the top 5 is willing to trade down-for some reason. Three fairly high picks that could hopefully help accelerate the rebuild/retool process.

Kawhi and Mills for Harris, 12 & 13 and Boban's expiring deal

Play out next season, waive and stretch Gasol, resign Harris and Murray and try and use remaining cap to be a player in FA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris is trash and another invention of "high qi basketball posters" in spurstalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would their best offer be though? Ingram+Kuzma+1st? I highly doubt the Spurs take Lavar, err, I mean Lonzo.

IMO it will be hard to top Boston's assets. I want Brown+Tatum+1st. Of course, that is if Boston is willing to give that kind of package. Although a trio of Kyrie/Kawhi/Hayward is tempting, I imagine there will be a lot of concern about their health (all three are currently injured). Brown, Tatum, and the pick are all gonna have fresh legs.
    Who knows. Have to hope there is a legit bidding war. But if I’m SA worst case I would do with LA is Kuz/Ingram/25th pick for Kawhi.

Best case is that same deal but they also eat Pau’s deal as well. That would be optimal.

I don’t love Ingram or Kuz and I would rather have Tatum and/or Brown from Boston or a way better pick, but if they will eat Pau’s deal and we get two decent young players and a first, that is about as good as you can hope for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Try to work it out with Leonard.

2. If not, 3 way trade: Leonard to CLE; Love to Knicks; Spurs get 8 and 9, small parts like Osman, Zizic, Ntilkina, but eat Kantors or Noah’s contract.

3. After doing above deal do separate deal to send Patty and 18 to Philly in exchange for some combo of their numerous second rounders this year and rights to Bolden/AP.

4. Agressively shop Pau by the Feb. deadline and Danny if he opts in to a team needing cap relief.

5. Move on from Kyle. Keep Manu/Tony on minimum deals to help bring in the new guys.

6. Bring coach Bud back into the fold to start the rebuild/reload.
    I’m fine with going the multiple top picks route, but SA should NOT, I repeat should NOT eat any bad contracts. Period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris is trash and another invention of "high qi basketball posters" in spurstalk
    Averaged over 18ppg, shot over 40% from 3, decent rebounder, can play both forward positions, and probably the most important numbers...76,82,80. Those are the number of games he's played in the last three seasons.

I'd take that all day, along with some young draft picks for the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris is not trash. He’s morphed into a legit 3PT shooter and while hes not an all star he’s a legit starter level player that would fit well. You could keep winning while also rebuilding on the fly the best you can.

I would prefer to not “tank” unless SA can dump Mills/Pau and get a top 5 pick in a deal. Even then, it would suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris is not trash. He’s morphed into a legit 3PT shooter and while hes not an all star he’s a legit starter level player that would fit well. You could keep winning while also rebuilding on the fly the best you can.

I would prefer to not “tank” unless SA can dump Mills/Pau and get a top 5 pick in a deal. Even then, it would suck.
    "trash" is a bit too far, the point is that if really have to trade Kawhi, I'd rather have a shot at someone with potential star (like Ingram or Tatum imo), than a solid / good player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to dump on Pop but it's time for him to go. I don't think many young players want to deal with his style of coaching. Works fine when you have a Duncan on board. And a Parker and Ginobili. But those guys are the exceptions. By trying to find "Spurs guys", it severely limits options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "trash" is a bit too far, the point is that if really have to trade Kawhi, I'd rather have a shot at someone with potential star (like Ingram or Tatum imo), than a solid / good player
    What's to say you can't package those three first-round picks and get a Tatum or Ingram-like player in the top five?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The shot at the potential star comes from the better picks that LAC has vs the 25th pick while also getting a player that would have made this SA team this year a top 3 seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's to say you can't package those three first-round picks and get a Tatum or Ingram-like player in the top five?
    I do not see this happening, if I had to choose, 76ers it would be the main choice to seek a trade, although I see Ingram as the player with most potential among the players of the teams "theoretically" interested

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Working it out with Kawhi is the main focus. It has to be.

IF you dont, I would love a trade with PHX. I would like Josh Jackson and their pick. That is the best deal to me because it does not turn a team into a contender and gives SA cap flexibility and a shot at a high draft pick + some talent to work with. It would clear cap space for SA (especially if Danny/Rudy opt out), you get talent + the best pick possible.
    Last edited by DPG21920; 04-21-2018 at 10:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than that, the LA players, IMO have the least appeal to me.

I would prefer Tatum or Brown over Ingram/Kuz. I would definitely prefer Josh Jackson over them too. I would probably take Fultz over them as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Working it out with Kawhi is the main focus. It has to be.

IF you dont, I would love a trade with PHX. I would like Josh Jackson and their pick. That is the best deal to me because it does not turn a team into a contender and gives SA cap flexibility and a shot at a high draft pick + some talent to work with. It would clear cap space for SA (especially if Danny/Rudy opt out), you get talent + the best pick possible.
    Other than that, the LA players, IMO have the least appeal to me.

I would prefer Tatum or Brown over Ingram/Kuz. I would definitely prefer Josh Jackson over them too. I would probably take Fultz over them as well.
    Yep, try to do everything you can to keep Kawhi. If all else fails, then you trade him.

I agree that the Lakers potential package is underwhelming. If the Spurs end up trading with them, they should at least take a bad contract off of the Spurs.

I'm very high on Jaylen Brown (over Tatum), seems very Spurs-material. Getting him plus a high pick would be as good as it gets imo.

Thread Information