Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi comes back 100% and we sign Lebron. Kawhi, Aldridge, Lebron and a bunch of spares can win a Championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a big crush on Jaylen Brown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My top trade options for Kawhi

1. Kawhi and Mills

for

Faultz, Saric, Covington, 10th pick, & Parseckniks.

2. Kawhi
    Kawhi and Mills

for

Tobias Harris, 12th Pick, 13th Pick, & Boban

Kawhi

for

Tatum, Morris, Rossier, Kings pick, Grizz Pick

Kawhi and Mills

for

Love, Osman, 7th pick, & Zizic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gross. I hate the clippers deal. Don't really like any but that and option 4 are the worst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns are the best trade partner.

Josh Jackson & the #1 pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My first reaction was for something career ending happen to him in off-season, but I wouldn't want such a great young player to be hurt. So, with regret, I wish him a not so fond farewell with the hope that PATFO will be able to bring off some miracle to replace him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m fine with going the multiple top picks route, but SA should NOT, I repeat should NOT eat any bad contracts. Period.
    Kantor would be a 17m expiring. Noah has two year left of his awful deal, yes, but I’d consider it if it lands a top 10 pick AND Ntillkina too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Kawhi and Mills

for

2. Kawhi
    Kawhi and Mills

for

Kawhi

for

Kawhi and Mills

for

Don't like the clippers deal at all. I do like the Philly deal though. On the Cleveland deal I'd like to move Love either to the clips ( both picks and Boban), the suns (mid 1st and bender), or Boston (brown and filler).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Kawhi and Mills

for

2. Kawhi
    Kawhi and Mills

for

Kawhi

for

Kawhi and Mills

for

Not bad.

On BOS, I don’t want to be the team that has to give Rozier his next deal. He’s good, but gonna want stupid money. I see the spurs losing him for nothing.

I don’t mind the Clips deal if their someone the spurs like that starts to get to that point on draft night. There is also a chance one of those gets to 11 or even 10 with any ping pong luck.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would they even go that far? They really really like Jackson.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put on bench all next season. Respek

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Ingram and Kuzma deal doesnt fall through We could get Otto Porter & Bradley Beal for Kawhi&Gasol or Kawhi&Mills. We would have Gasol’s expiring contract for more cap space or another trade. We would fill our SG/SF needs and have decent long contracts, and have a good team still. Taytum is the better deal but i cant see boston giving him up. Brown & Rozier could split after next season it seems with their current contracts. We still have the 18th pick to grab a big man that might be able to contribute.we have options. One thing is for sure we will have a better team next year because of Kawhi or his trade value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing is for sure we will have a better team next year because of Kawhi or his trade value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why would the Suns give up 2 of their 3 best assets for a player who'd more than likely leave in 1 year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

For a player who sat out the season when medically cleared to play like 6 months ago? Keep dreaming..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to dump on Pop but it's time for him to go. I don't think many young players want to deal with his style of coaching. Works fine when you have a Duncan on board. And a Parker and Ginobili. But those guys are the exceptions. By trying to find "Spurs guys", it severely limits options.
    I agree. The ONLY reason Pop should stay is if Lebrons will come here if he coaches. And we know that ain’t happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to dump on Pop but it's time for him to go. I don't think many young players want to deal with his style of coaching. Works fine when you have a Duncan on board. And a Parker and Ginobili. But those guys are the exceptions. By trying to find "Spurs guys", it severely limits options.
    Well if Leonard is being traded it is likely rebuild time anyway. So a young coach would be appropriate. Honestly with the passing of his wife, combined with the drama of this season, who could blame Pop if he's had enough?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PHX has always tried to land a star. You hope and pray your #1 pick + josh become Kawhi it’s likely they never do. Obviously you don’t do it if you think you have no shot at keeping Kawhi but even Kevin Love netted the #1 pick in a Deal (yes I’m aware it’s not apples to apples)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PHX has always tried to land a star. You hope and pray your #1 pick + josh become Kawhi it’s likely they never do. Obviously you don’t do it if you think you have no shot at keeping Kawhi but even Kevin Love netted the #1 pick in a Deal (yes I’m aware it’s not apples to apples)
    I understand what the motivation would be, but the risk has to be calculated. They'd be insane to think a superstar in his early prime would re-sign with them and when he didn't, they'd have set their re-build back significantly. McDonough would also be fired.

The difference is, the Cavaliers had James and Irving, which meant championship contention and a high probability of Love's re-signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris is trash and another invention of "high qi basketball posters" in spurstalk
    You've gotten really bitter recently. A far cry from your RealGM days. Harris has been a solid player who's capable of being at least a third option on a le team. The Spurs are probably not going to tank. That's not a fabrication of "high-IQ" posters. You know it just as much as anyone else. So they'll need to acquire guys who can play the position. Harris is even younger than Kawhi is and has the size to be a full-time power-forward next to Aldridge to help the team pivot into the "modern" era. And he's not even the headliner in this deal. He's just the floor. The whole idea behind mentioning a LAC trade is for the Spurs to have a plan of what to do in the draft. If they don't want anyone at 12 or 13, then the trade doesn't make sense. But if a guy (or more importantly, two guys) they really like is there, then the trade has a ton of value and upside. The determining factor in how well they do isn't them getting a guy who's hyped now. There's no reason why Ingram or Tatum are going to be better than whomever is drafted at 12 this year. They are arguably not even better as the guy drafted there last year.

The most important reason why this trade keeps getting mentioned though is because LAC would probably jump at the chance to get it done. They probably feel like Kawhi would stay with them but wouldn't pick them over the Lakers if they didn't have his Bird rights. Therefore, there's real momentum for them to give up whatever they can to lock him in. I imagine every other team will hold back in negotiations, while the Clippers will put it all on the table similar to how the Knicks did with Melo.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Kawhi and Mills

for

2. Kawhi
    Kawhi and Mills

for

Kawhi

for

Kawhi and Mills

for

How people misspell even with google and an internet connection still confuses me. Who the are Faultz and Rossier?

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've gotten really bitter recently. A far cry from your RealGM days. Harris has been a solid player who's capable of being at least a third option on a le team. The Spurs are probably not going to tank. That's not a fabrication of "high-IQ" posters. You know it just as much as anyone else. So they'll need to acquire guys who can play the position. Harris is even younger than Kawhi is and has the size to be a full-time power-forward next to Aldridge to help the team pivot into the "modern" era. And he's not even the headliner in this deal. He's just the floor. The whole idea behind mentioning a LAC trade is for the Spurs to have a plan of what to do in the draft. If they don't want anyone at 12 or 13, then the trade doesn't make sense. But if a guy (or more importantly, two guys) they really like is there, then the trade has a ton of value and upside. The determining factor in how well they do isn't them getting a guy who's hyped now. There's no reason why Ingram or Tatum are going to be better than whomever is drafted at 12 this year. They are arguably not even better as the guy drafted there last year.

The most important reason why this trade keeps getting mentioned though is because LAC would probably jump at the chance to get it done. They probably feel like Kawhi would stay with them but wouldn't pick them over the Lakers if they didn't have his Bird rights. Therefore, there's real momentum for them to give up whatever they can to lock him in. I imagine every other team will hold back in negotiations, while the Clippers will put it all on the table similar to how the Knicks did with Melo.
    Do you see them wanting to part with Harris, Jordan and Marjanovic along with one of their picks for Leonard, Mills, and Gasol?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you see them wanting to part with Harris, Jordan and Marjanovic along with one of their picks for Leonard, Mills, and Gasol?
    They might (since I think they were okay with Jordan just opting out), but I'm not sure I want the Jordan/Pau swap added to the list, unless Jordan is swung to a third team for extra value. The best thing the team could hope for (in a scenario where Kawhi is traded) is that they put him on the market as early as tonight and let the rest of the league get into a bidding war. The Clips might give up most of the package even without pressure from other teams, but when it comes to working third teams in, they'd probably hesitate for a while.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand what the motivation would be, but the risk has to be calculated. They'd be insane to think a superstar in his early prime would re-sign with them and when he didn't, they'd have set their re-build back significantly. McDonough would also be fired.
    McDunough is maybe a year away from being fired anyway. He's already gone through 3 head coaches in 5 seasons. If they get Ayton or Doncic, they probably still don't make the playoffs. Then he'll really be jammed, no playoffs in 6 years, 4 head coaches, 11 1st round picks including 7 lottery picks and 4 top 5 picks.

They haven't made the playoffs in years, Sarver is a laughing stock.

They get Kawhi, their legendary medical staff 'fixes' his fake injury, and they're in the playoffs. They combine him with Booker, make the playoffs, and tons of good press. McDunough is then the genius who 'pulled a Morey' by moving assets for an MVP player with years of prime left.

Look at the other GMs in precarious situations. They throw the hail mary to save their jobs, because they knew they would be fired without even trying the hail mary. Orlando making the Ibaka move. Van Gundy getting Griffin. , why else would Van Gundy not even put up a fight over lotto protecting his 1st rounder? Because he didn't care about the future anymore, only the present season.

And if McDunough makes a trade for Kawhi, he wins the trade, period. Maybe the Spurs make out the best they can, but no matter what, the Spurs will lose any and every trade that involves Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont want Harris, Jordan or Boban.
    No way. Absolutely disgusting to keep Mills and the terrible guard rotation this team has while getting Harris and Boban. (Bc you'd have to send out Pau instead if you are getting 3 bigs back.)

Clippers have nobody I want and their picks are too low in the lotto.

I'd rather keep Kawhi

I am done with this team for a while if they trade Kiwi and do not come out of that with a better perimeter player than Harris tbh.

Thread Information