Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi won't go to the team he wants unless the Spurs are blown away by what they'll receive in return.

Remember Pop told LaMarcus something like, sure we'll trade you if you are going to get us a "Kevin Durant" un return. So if the Spurs didn't want to let Aldridge go unless they got something better what makes you think they're gonna trade Kawhi for peanuts?

They will trade him if they something of equal value whether through multiple players or high draft picks or both. Thats my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good! ^ They better blow the Spurs away.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi won't go to the team he wants unless the Spurs are blown away by what they'll receive in return.

Remember Pop told LaMarcus something like, sure we'll trade you if you are going to get us a "Kevin Durant" un return. So if the Spurs didn't want to let Aldridge go unless they got something better what makes you think they're gonna trade Kawhi for peanuts?

They will trade him if they something of equal value whether through multiple players or high draft picks or both. Thats my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a big crush on Jaylen Brown.
    Only trade I would even consider would be for Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no chance of Tatum/Brown & Rozier?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no chance of Tatum/Brown & Rozier?
    Probably not both Tatum and Brown, anyways, I would like Tatum+ Kings 2019 pick, + Grizzlies 2019 picks.

Rozier, and Morris would have to be included to make the math work.

That's a lot for Ainge to give up but Kyrie, Kawhi, Hayward, Horford, and with Brown on the come up, that would be the end result.

With Cleveland looking like it might not be in le contention starting next season if LeBron leaves, that trade would accelerate their timeline and give them a great shot at making the Finals year after year.
    Last edited by cd021; 04-21-2018 at 08:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont want Harris, Jordan or Boban.
    No way. Absolutely disgusting to keep Mills and the terrible guard rotation this team has while getting Harris and Boban. (Bc you'd have to send out Pau instead if you are getting 3 bigs back.)

Clippers have nobody I want and their picks are too low in the lotto.

I'd rather keep Kawhi

I am done with this team for a while if they trade Kiwi and do not come out of that with a better perimeter player than Harris tbh.
    Has anyone mentioned Jordan? My trade didn't include him. Harris is actually only slightly older than Kawhi and while not nearly as good, he is an above 3 who has quietly become an excellent shooter ( 41% on nearly 6 3 pt attempt s this season).

12 and 13 probably max out as starting caliber players but there's always a chance that one of the wo exceeds that expectation with the Spurs draft record.

It's not the best potential offer but it is hard to say whether Philly and or Boston would offer what I included on my trade list, the Clippers package is at least compe ive, but not overwhelming.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hit odoyles banana peel and drive off cliff

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably not both Tatum and Brown, anyways, I would like Tatum+ Kings 2019 pick, + Grizzlies 2019 picks.

That's a lot for Ainge to give up but Kyrie, Kawhi, Hayward, Horford, and with Brown on the come up, that would be the end result.

With Cleveland looking like it might not be in le contention starting next season if LeBron leaves, that trade would accelerate their timeline and give them a great shot at making the Finals year after year.
    It'll be a bad news for Boston if Kawhi is traded to 76ers, especially so if Lebron also joins the 76ers . Ainge must have that in mind when he makes his bid.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *IF Kawhi doesn't sign an extension this offseason and the Spurs decide to start taking offers, then I think this would be the best case scenario for Spurs fans...

Sixers get: Kawhi Leonard

Spurs get: Lakers pick (Mikal Bridges), Markelle Fultz, and Dario Saric

Then with the 18th pick they can draft Mitc Robinson who is the perfect modern day Center and exactly what the Spurs need. In this scenario Murray would have to be human sacrifice in any deal to salary dump Gasol or Mills.

Next year's roster would look like this, hopefully.

Aldridge/Robinson
    Saric/Gay
    Bridges/Ginobili
    Green/White
    Fultz/Parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone mentioned Jordan? My trade didn't include him. Harris is actually only slightly older than Kawhi and while not nearly as good, he is an above 3 who has quietly become an excellent shooter ( 41% on nearly 6 3 pt attempt s this season).

12 and 13 probably max out as starting caliber players but there's always a chance that one of the wo exceeds that expectation with the Spurs draft record.

It's not the best potential offer but it is hard to say whether Philly and or Boston would offer what I included on my trade list, the Clippers package is at least compe ive, but not overwhelming.
    Harris is younger than Kawhi by more than a year.

Also Jordan was part of another trade, though SAG seemed to miss that that trade had Mills AND Pau going out. It was essentially two trades: Leonard for Harris and picks, and Mills and Gasol for Jordan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *IF Kawhi doesn't sign an extension this offseason and the Spurs decide to start taking offers, then I think this would be the best case scenario for Spurs fans...

Sixers get: Kawhi Leonard

Spurs get: Lakers pick (Mikal Bridges), Markelle Fultz, and Dario Saric

Then with the 18th pick they can draft Mitc Robinson who is the perfect modern day Center and exactly what the Spurs need. In this scenario Murray would have to be human sacrifice in any deal to salary dump Gasol or Mills.

Aldridge/Robinson
    Saric/Gay
    Bridges/Ginobili
    Green/White
    Fultz/Parker
    Ignoring how they'd get there (since that would involve more moving pieces than just sacrificing Murray), I don't mind the play. I'm not saying the particular players you picked to draft are who I would draft, but getting three guys on rookie deals and clearing cap space would be pretty good, though I'd assume it would also involve free agency, seeing as the Spurs are getting rid of so much salary.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Aldridge/Robinson
    Saric/Gay
    Bridges/Ginobili
    Green/White
    Fultz/Parker
    I vomited at the idea of Porker getting a 3 year contract & Danny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be a bad news for Boston if Kawhi is traded to 76ers, especially so if Lebron also joins the 76ers . Ainge must have that in mind when he makes his bid.
    Ainge is a notorious low baller, though he is aggressive sometimes- he tried to trade 4 1sts for Justise Winslow . Including both the Grizz and Kings 2019 picks along with Tatum and Morris and Rozier would blow just about any other deal out of the water and even if the Spurs are deadset against trading Kawhi, that offer would probably be enough to get them to reconsider.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last thing I heard was that Boston was seriously interested in trading for Kawhi. If Kawhi and the Spurs don't work things out then I'm gonna "assume" that the Spurs will consider what Boston has to offer first since that was the only team mentioned from the front office.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does make some sense to send him to the easy coast and let him battle with Ben Simmons very year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With the way Pelicans are playing right now, there is less possibility that Anthony Davis will leave, who is said to be the target of Boston. I guess they may just focus on what they can realistically get for now.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can just wait out who gets the first overall pick and flip Leonard to draft Ayton and other assets straight up. Aldridge makes things tricky since I’m not sure he’s a player you build around. Feels like it’s going to be a few years of mediocrity to try and build around Aldridge with a win-now team. If Leonard gets traded to a team with the number one pick Aldridge is expendable, and Phoenix can give the Spurs maybe Chandler/Dudley + Alan Williams, Josh Jackson, and their pick. That’s a good young core to tank with for another top pick next year. Of course Pop’s age will be a concern, but it’s not like he doesn’t have an expiration date. He failed to adapt to the league the past two years. A consultative capacity would work too if the team chooses to blow it up.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayton (for Leonard)
    Jontay Porter (via #18)
    Jackson
    Doncic (via PHX, if they pick second)
    Murray

that’s a passable young core to tank with

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, the big names don’t want to play in SA stigma is only going to get louder and worse than it already is if the Spurs end up trading Kawhi. Aldridge signed then wanted to be traded. Now kawhi’s situation is a mess.

Spurs got to loosen the reigns a bit. They are beyond private and have an arrogance about how they run things and shut every out. I don’t mean go sign the And 1 b-ball team, but cmon man. Get some athletes in here and let them show some passion.

That ‘soul box’ bit on Gane of Zones was so accurate.
    No lies were told in this post.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kl got hiv from his uncle

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My top trade options for Kawhi

1. Kawhi and Mills

for

Faultz, Saric, Covington, 10th pick, & Parseckniks.

2. Kawhi
    Kawhi and Mills

for

Tobias Harris, 12th Pick, 13th Pick, & Boban

Kawhi

for

Tatum, Morris, Rossier, Kings pick, Grizz Pick

Kawhi and Mills

for

Love, Osman, 7th pick, & Zizic.

Imagine trading Kawhi to the Clippers and getting 3 draft picks within the first 18 picks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum, Brown and 1st is the absolute min I would take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clips deal is the most realistic. Why would Boston part with two young studs AND picks? Same for Philly.

And the only deal that provides a consistent, reliable, proven replacement for Kawhi is the Clips deal with Harris. Pair that with three first rounders and you have a solid deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clips deal is the most realistic. Why would Boston part with two young studs AND picks? Same for Philly.

And the only deal that provides a consistent, reliable, proven replacement for Kawhi is the Clips deal with Harris. Pair that with three first rounders and you have a solid deal.
    Assuming BOS and PHI have real interest, it’s about what package beats Harris and the two firsts. I think the spurs would see Tatum and Kings pick in a weaker draft next year as inferior to that Clips deal. So then question is what additional assets gets it done for BOS?

Order of operations will matter here. I think the LAC “offer” is an important benchmark here

Thread Information