Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus you have free agency. People are really not open to this team having Harris + 3 top 20 picks + free agency?

You will be getting 3 top 20 picks to help with rebuilding along with having White/Murray to continue developing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I want the chance at someone who could be an all star... Either a top pick in this draft, or someone young that could either get there or not, but has a chance. Harris is about to be 26 next season and average is all he is. The picks are low. Unless there's someone there they absolutely love, I don't take that deal. Did you know both Kyle and Dijon were rated by the Spurs among the top 20 in their respective drafts regardless of where they fell? Exactly. You aren't guaranteed a low lotto pick will be any better. I want a player that has upside. If he busts that's different but it's better than getting nothing, which may be all you get in the Clippers deal.

Rather keep kiwi and tank after that, than make it easy for another franchise...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Send his ass to the frozen tundra in Minnesota or Milwaukee. Take what you can get, even if it's a one year rental return, value wise. I'm guessing Milwaukee would give us some good value for a chance to pair Kawhi with Giannis, yes, even if Kawhi told them he wouldn't re-sign.

Give me Middleton and your first.

Win-win.
    I was hoping all along that this KL saga was just fake news cos he was truly injured, which would also mean that his long term career may be an issue if given the Super Max... however, with the general consensus of 3-4 teams suggested over & over again in trade scenarios, I was going to suggest getting MIDDLETON & MAKER plus whoever else to make the deal work.
    Those 2 would instantly upgrade the team in regards to athleticism & both are also excellent 3 point shooters as well.

Anderson, Green & Gasol should be sent elsewhere as well instead of stinking it up in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather be a top 4 seed while also getting two lottery picks as SA rebuilds
    On the fly. The point you make about draft spot being a wild card is more reason to acquire as many picks as possible and remain a playoff team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Byron SCOTT, KL & LBJ will be in LA next season...

Looks like some here will be LA fans next season as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't going to continue on a good path IMO unless you get someone young that's going to carry you. Dijon isn't that guy so far. So long as he's this offensively challenged you shouldn't consider him someone to build around even. White we don't know. He has been a Gleague star but so was Kyle. You can't assume anything yet ...

You can disagree but they barely made it this season and LaMarcus is not only getting up in age but has a balky knee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't see any difference makers expected to be available then. Could someone fall on draft night and make a trade with them look better? Sure, it's possible but it's unlikely..
    Was Kawhi considered a "difference maker" at 15 a few years back? The Spurs can also trade up using the three picks. A team like Chicago with two first round picks could do a 2-for-3 swap. Plenty of options.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Kawhi considered a "difference maker" at 15 a few years back? The Spurs can also trade up using the three picks. A team like Chicago with two first round picks could do a 2-for-3 swap. Plenty of options.
    No he wasn't but, if you use use that logic you might as well say let's trade him for a bunch of 2nd round pics and hope we get a couple of prime ginobli's. So sure, lightening could strike twice but you increase your odds significantly with a higher pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This may be a bit off-topic but why do some of you guys prefer Tatum over Brown? If I had to pick one, I'll take Brown. Tatum may be more polished offensively but to me Brown seems better all-around and has that superstar potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he wasn't but, if you use use that logic you might as well say let's trade him for a bunch of 2nd round pics and hope we get a couple of prime ginobli's. So sure, lightening could strike twice but you increase your odds significantly with a higher pick.
    Which you can manufacture with three picks inside the top 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This may be a bit off-topic but why do some of you guys prefer Tatum over Brown? If I had to pick one, I'll take Brown. Tatum may be more polished offensively but to me Brown seems better all-around and has that superstar potential.
    And probably the one they're more likely to part with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't going to continue on a good path IMO unless you get someone young that's going to carry you. Dijon isn't that guy so far. So long as he's this offensively challenged you shouldn't consider him someone to build around even. White we don't know. He has been a Gleague star but so was Kyle. You can't assume anything yet ...

You can disagree but they barely made it this season and LaMarcus is not only getting up in age but has a balky knee.
    You could also argue that with this same exact team plus only Harris, SA would have been a top 3 seed.

Sure, no one is arguing that SA would rather have a star. But unless you can get a top 3 pick, it’s pretty dicey after that. So yes, would I prefer Tatum + a top 10 pick? For sure. But if that is not there, getting 2 lottery picks definitely helps increase the chances of you landing more talent + Sa’s own 18th.

Then as a throw in, Harris makes you much more compe ive (difference in being 7th this year and third) so you can rebuild and both make the playoffs.

Not having Harris only means you are down an asset, don’t make the playoffs and who knows what pick you will land if you tank or how good that player will be.

If it’s a dice roll, I’d rather have more rolls of the dice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly mo. The majority of low lotto picks and up being roleplayers, many not even that. They will also need development. It's a crapshoot. I see Kiwi as their best option to reload and they need to swing for the fences otherwise they will be headed for a tank anyways once they start playing mediocre young guys and seeing who has game and who doesn't. That doesn't time with Lamarcus, whose knee can go kaput. And all for what? To make it easy for the Clippers and Kiwi? No way.

That's just me. Paddy Mills continues to be a starting guard next season and I think I am going to be really distracted watching some other as yet unknown team instead. They need an exciting young player to pull me back in after trading Kiwi. I am just being honest here. Do I look forward to watching LMA and Harris? No. I am intrigued to see what happens with White and may tune in to see how he's doing that's it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should require both. If Kawhi agrees to extend in Boston the Celtics will do it. If he doesn't agree to extend the Spurs would get neither in a trade. Tatum+Brown is an all or nothing thing IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As you said, younger and more polished offensively with a better 3 or shot. Also, one extra year at a cheaper contract. I don't think the difference between them is that great though. If I thought Hayward would fully recover I might consider him plus brown with the Sacramento and Memphis picks for Kawhi and pau. Ideally, I'd want Tatum and brown plus the pick for Kawhi though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you are missing out on the fact not tanking is a HUGE deal and ALWAYS the better option. Even tanking requires a ton of luck and you may not have that many chances. Get as many chances as you can and still be compe ive.

Also, LMA and Harris are both definite assets. If SA wanted to “tank” or change directions but now they have a bunch of young players (12th pick, 13th pick, 18th pick Murray and White) and they could get more by trading LMA & Harris who are both very positive assets.

Again, I don’t think the Clippers trade is Ideal, but if worst comes to worst? It is a very solid trade IMO ESPECIALLY if they also eat Pau’s deal or Mills deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As you said, younger and more polished offensively with a better 3 or shot. Also, one extra year at a cheaper contract. I don't think the difference between them is that great though. If I thought Hayward would fully recover I might consider him plus brown with the Sacramento and Memphis picks for Kawhi and pau. Ideally, I'd want Tatum and brown plus the pick for Kawhi though.
    Doesn't the Memphis pick have a ton of protection on it though?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't the Memphis pick have a ton of protection on it though?
    I believe you are correct.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Kawhi for high draft pick, another pick, and two up and coming potential stars, and sign a key free agent. I like Aaron Gordon. He's only 22 and has gotten better every season. He's been more cluth this season. He may not be elite status like Leonard was a season ago, but definitely a star with the potential of getting even better.

Do this and get rid of Gasol and Mills' contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe you are correct.
    The only pick of their's I like is the Sixers pick (from LA), which Boston will get if it falls in the 2-5 range this year. Or it'll be the Sacramento pick next year. But I'd much rather have Tatum+Brown and then whatever they need to match salary other than Horford's contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do this and get rid of Gasol and Mills' contracts.
    I don't see any reason to dump Mills and Gasol when it'll cost them assets to do so. I hated the Mills and Gasol contracts when the team was a contender and could have had capspace to throw at LeBron, but that's a complete pipe dream thinking James would come to a worse supporting cast than he has in Cleveland.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only pick of their's I like is the Sixers pick (from LA), which Boston will get if it falls in the 2-5 range this year. Or it'll be the Sacramento pick next year. But I'd much rather have Tatum+Brown and then whatever they need to match salary other than Horford's contract.
    Yea, I wouldn't want horford's contract either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus you have free agency. People are really not open to this team having Harris + 3 top 20 picks + free agency?

You will be getting 3 top 20 picks to help with rebuilding along with having White/Murray to continue developing.
    All things considered,this wouldn’t be terrible if it’s where they settled. I just think it’s the opening baseline for talks, and it’ll be up to other serious teams to top it. I just wish the Clips had another asset to sweeten the pot.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    But you are missing out on the fact not tanking is a HUGE deal and ALWAYS the better option. Even tanking requires a ton of luck and you may not have that many chances. Get as many chances as you can and still be compe ive.

Also, LMA and Harris are both definite assets. If SA wanted to “tank” or change directions but now they have a bunch of young players (12th pick, 13th pick, 18th pick Murray and White) and they could get more by trading LMA & Harris who are both very positive assets.

Again, I don’t think the Clippers trade is Ideal, but if worst comes to worst? It is a very solid trade IMO ESPECIALLY if they also eat Pau’s deal or Mills deal.
    If the Clippers really give up two lottery picks AND Harris AND take one of PATFO's loyalty contracts just to get someone who's sat out an entire season, has a degenerative injury and now has character concerns too, everyone should be fired immediately.

The Pistons' pick should be the only pick we offer, and we should refuse to take on any of the loyalty contracts. If a reasonable deal can't be made, so be it. This isn't 2017 "MVP candidate" Kawhi we're trading for here, it's 2018 "rehabbing in NY while his team gets swept without him" Kawhi. Big difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was hoping all along that this KL saga was just fake news cos he was truly injured, which would also mean that his long term career may be an issue if given the Super Max... however, with the general consensus of 3-4 teams suggested over & over again in trade scenarios, I was going to suggest getting MIDDLETON & MAKER plus whoever else to make the deal work.
    Those 2 would instantly upgrade the team in regards to athleticism & both are also excellent 3 point shooters as well.

Anderson, Green & Gasol should be sent elsewhere as well instead of stinking it up in SA.
    Even better. I wouldn't mind holding onto either Pau or Kyle for different reasons but if you could get Maker and Middleton, take the deal.

Thread Information