Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi signs in LA for a lot of money, cripples them financially. Plays half a game, grabs his leg and heads out to New York for 4 years to get multiple opinions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proving again you are an emotional Kawhi fan boy who wants Kawhi's in his mouth. I never said the Sixers would suck with Kawhi. I have actually said a few times they would win the le with Kawhi but you wouldn't know that since you were probably masturbating to some Kawhi pics while you were reading my posts. Seriously dude get mental help since you have a tendency to make up stuff out of thin air that's not true like the time you said Manu and Tony had beef with Kawhi for years then backtracked liked a re when people called you out on it. I said Philly would suck for Kawhi on a personal level simply because he would not be the number 1 option on the Sixers and would have to play a James Worthy type of role with them which is not desirable for him or Uncle Dennis.

Anyways I know your fantasy is for Kawhi to on your face and you to scream Master Kawhi a bunch of times but you have to accept reality that it's not happening.
    I sad it was a horrible take.

I wonder when you heard Kawhi asking for "more touches" or "being #1 option"...He played off ball in his first 4 years in SA and he was still amazing.

Unlike other players, what we already know about him is "I just want (another) one of those up there," Leonard said, referring to one of the championship banners hanging from the Spurs' practice facility...."I'm not one of the guys in the league for the fame," Leonard said. "I'm here so I can take of my family, my mom, my friends and take care of myself. I love the game of basketball and as long as I can do that, keep playing and try to get some more championships with the organization, I'll be happy. I don't care about winning an MVP – the MVP doesn't mean you're the best player in the league."

He only cares about winning. If the Sixers give him that chance, you're the only one who thinks he would be unhappy.

Media and fans could see him as the piece they need to win in the East...How could this be bad?

You can post about his , insult me all you want...I don't care, I don't talk back. I know I'm right about this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi for Tatum, Brown and pick: White, Brown, Tatum, Gay, Aldridge.

Kawhi for Fultz, Covington, Saric and pick: Fultz, White, Covington, Saric, Aldridge.

Kawhi for Kuzma, Ingram and pick: White, Green, Ingram, Kuzma, Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think questioning Kawhi as a winner/stats guy is fair or accurate. This season is more about the leadership side which I think is 100% fair to question.

However, keeping Kawhi is by far plan A, B & C and all will be forgiven with time hopefully. But the “other” stuff about Kawhi has no basis. Just that he handled his dealing with injury very, very poorly from a leadership perspective.

Mods ruined spurstalk!!!! Walter Donovan's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Kawhi for a half-eaten bag of expired potato chips? Am I being too greedy?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sad it was a horrible take.

I wonder when you heard Kawhi asking for "more touches" or "being #1 option"...He played off ball in his first 4 years in SA and he was still amazing.

Unlike other players, what we already know about him is "I just want (another) one of those up there," Leonard said, referring to one of the championship banners hanging from the Spurs' practice facility...."I'm not one of the guys in the league for the fame," Leonard said. "I'm here so I can take of my family, my mom, my friends and take care of myself. I love the game of basketball and as long as I can do that, keep playing and try to get some more championships with the organization, I'll be happy. I don't care about winning an MVP – the MVP doesn't mean you're the best player in the league."

He only cares about winning. If the Sixers give him that chance, you're the only one who thinks he would be unhappy.

Media and fans could see him as the piece they need to win in the East...How could this be bad?

You can post about his , insult me all you want...I don't care, I don't talk back. I know I'm right about this
    You do care that's why you responded immediately to one of my posts right after the Spurs win today in which I trashed Kawhi. Also you don't know what the you are talking about you are as credible as a Trump supporter defending Trump. I expect you to respond to all my posts where I trash Kawhi because you are a got whose obsessed with sucking his . That's all there is to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris is a fine a player..my point is that it's sad that the Spurs transitioned from Tim to thinking that Kawhi was going to become the franchise for the next 10 years, only to ultimately reach a point where we're hoping for Tobias Harris and Aaron Gordon to join Aldridge as the go-to guys on a team
    I don’t think that anyone thinks Harris or Gordon will be go-to guys on a le team. Just that if you have to trade kawhi, getting multiple lottery picks and a player that helps keep them a playoff team is a big deal. Would I prefer a younger prospect like Brown/Tatum/Jackson? Of course, but you could do worse than a legit rotational player and multiple picks. Hopefully that player (Harris ) could be dealt later too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do care that's why you responded immediately to one of my posts right after the Spurs win today in which I trashed Kawhi. Also you don't know what the you are talking about you are as credible as a Trump supporter defending Trump. I expect you to respond to all my posts where I trash Kawhi because you are a got whose obsessed with sucking his . That's all there is to it.
    I said I don't care if you insult me...Because it's true. I'm a calm guy, most times very classy, I don't want to be part of that.

But I reply to basketball-posts...Again, your take was so wrong and deserved a response.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi for Tatum, Brown and pick: White, Brown, Tatum, Gay, Aldridge.

Kawhi for Fultz, Covington, Saric and pick: Fultz, White, Covington, Saric, Aldridge.

Kawhi for Kuzma, Ingram and pick: White, Green, Ingram, Kuzma, Aldridge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tobias Harris and Aaron Gordon..ugh, how far we have fallen
    Exactly.

: at throwing in 2 picks in the teens like that means anything

If they move into the top three with one of those picks, maybe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After Blazers collapse...What's about CJ?

He had great games without Lillard this season, he's the young and prolific perimeter scorer that this team needs desperately. Plus, he doesn't issues with LMA and vice versa.

CJ's game and personality could be a perfect fit for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.

: at throwing in 2 picks in the teens like that means anything

If they move into the top three with one of those picks, maybe
    Could happen. Even if it was Top 5 that would be better than betting on a guy that has a degenerative disease and quite possibly already peaked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think that anyone thinks Harris or Gordon will be go-to guys on a le team. Just that if you have to trade kawhi, getting multiple lottery picks and a player that helps keep them a playoff team is a big deal. Would I prefer a younger prospect like Brown/Tatum/Jackson? Of course, but you could do worse than a legit rotational player and multiple picks. Hopefully that player (Harris ) could be dealt later too.
    Solid, reasoned take. That's a rare thing around this place.

:Bobo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If trading to the sixers, Embiid or Simmons have to be included.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If trading to the sixers, Embiid or Simmons have to be included.
    Sixers won't trade any of those two.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could happen. Even if it was Top 5 that would be better than betting on a guy that has a degenerative disease and quite possibly already peaked.
    Top 3 pick yes, though I'm only confident in 2 players being difference makes

I'd rather them ban Kawhi from the building and drag him than make Jerry West a genius and see Kawhi get what he wants.

I don't want Harris, that's a joke. Is he better than nothing? Yes. Better enough to stomach Kawhi being happy at screwing over the Spurs? no.

As for the picks ... There's players I'd like there. Zhaire Smith, Mitc Robinson, Robert Williams, and I worry none will be there at 18 ... But I like them as role player projects. Who can one day maybe be conditional limited starters. But that's not worth it to me. Besides, Spurs aren't going to go into the year with 3 1st round rookies, and the draft and stash guys in that range I don't want at all. Spurs might not even have roster spots free for those 3 firsts

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Career ending rehab injury

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers won't trade any of those two.
    Any trade for leonard has to include a superstar or an up and coming baller...these trade scenarios only include garbage players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any trade for leonard has to include a superstar or an up and coming baller...these trade scenarios only include garbage players
    You don't consider Fultz or Saric to be up and coming ballers? Covington is already one of the best 3 and D guys outthere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 3 pick yes, though I'm only confident in 2 players being difference makes

I'd rather them ban Kawhi from the building and drag him than make Jerry West a genius and see Kawhi get what he wants.

I don't want Harris, that's a joke. Is he better than nothing? Yes. Better enough to stomach Kawhi being happy at screwing over the Spurs? no.

As for the picks ... There's players I'd like there. Zhaire Smith, Mitc Robinson, Robert Williams, and I worry none will be there at 18 ... But I like them as role player projects. Who can one day maybe be conditional limited starters. But that's not worth it to me. Besides, Spurs aren't going to go into the year with 3 1st round rookies, and the draft and stash guys in that range I don't want at all. Spurs might not even have roster spots free for those 3 firsts
    That deal isn't about Harris, who isn't a joke btw. Dude is 26, shoots better than 40% from 3 and unlike Kawhi actually has proven to be durable. It's about that guy, plus two lottery picks. Add those two lottery picks and #18, and the Spurs have the chips to move up.

Potential difference-making Bigs:
    Ayton, Bagley, Bamba, Jackson, Carter

Potential difference-making Wings:
    Doncic, Porter, Bridges

Potential difference-making Guards:
    Young, Sexton

I'm not saying all those guys are difference-makers, but I trust this staff to get one that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't consider Fultz or Saric to be up and coming ballers? Covington is already one of the best 3 and D guys outthere.
    Saric maybe. Fultz hasn't proven himself like the kids from Boston, who I agree are also not garbage. Dude's take was off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That deal isn't about Harris, who isn't a joke btw. Dude is 26, shoots better than 40% from 3 and unlike Kawhi actually has proven to be durable. It's about that guy, plus two lottery picks. Add those two lottery picks and #18, and the Spurs have the chips to move up.

Potential difference-making Bigs:
    Ayton, Bagley, Bamba, Jackson, Carter

Potential difference-making Wings:
    Doncic, Porter, Bridges

Potential difference-making Guards:
    Young, Sexton

I'm not saying all those guys are difference-makers, but I trust this staff to get one that is.
    My feeling is that nobody is moving a top 5 pick in this draft for 12 & 13. I doubt they could get into the top 8.

Harris is joke to me in the context of losing Kawhi. He's so great that both his teams missed the playoffs. Spurs made the playoffs without Harris or Kawhi, I don't think Harris is that impressive despite his shooting percentages. Not with 12 and 13.

If it becomes Harris, #3 and 12? Maybe we got something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At Harris and Gordon. If it comes to a trade, the centerpiece of the package will be a young player or pick who either already looks to have or is at least presumed to have star potential and it will be to a team that's either on the verge of championship contention or with a chance to an accelerated path to one, because those are the types that would feel confident enough in getting Leonard re-signed to give up the requisite package.

This along with the Aldridge situation will probably scare them out of "African-American" superstars/stars. I realize that comprises the majority, but if push comes to shove, it's probably occurring with the 76ers or Celtics. If it's the former and the Suns, Hawks, Magic, Cavaliers (Hawks would like to trade Schroder, the rest need starting PG's) has the 2nd or 3rd pick, I wouldn't be shocked to see Fultz offered with the intent to select Doncic.

McDunough is maybe a year away from being fired anyway. He's already gone through 3 head coaches in 5 seasons. If they get Ayton or Doncic, they probably still don't make the playoffs. Then he'll really be jammed, no playoffs in 6 years, 4 head coaches, 11 1st round picks including 7 lottery picks and 4 top 5 picks.

They haven't made the playoffs in years, Sarver is a laughing stock.

They get Kawhi, their legendary medical staff 'fixes' his fake injury, and they're in the playoffs. They combine him with Booker, make the playoffs, and tons of good press. McDunough is then the genius who 'pulled a Morey' by moving assets for an MVP player with years of prime left.

Look at the other GMs in precarious situations. They throw the hail mary to save their jobs, because they knew they would be fired without even trying the hail mary. Orlando making the Ibaka move. Van Gundy getting Griffin. , why else would Van Gundy not even put up a fight over lotto protecting his 1st rounder? Because he didn't care about the future anymore, only the present season.

And if McDunough makes a trade for Kawhi, he wins the trade, period. Maybe the Spurs make out the best they can, but no matter what, the Spurs will lose any and every trade that involves Kawhi.
    I know, but if they get Ayton or Doncic and they immediately appear as promising as advertised and Jackson shows marked improvement, all of a sudden they'd have one of the better young cores and depth of assets beyond them. That would give McDonough a chance to retain his job beyond next season. What wouldn't, is giving 2/3rds of that up for 1 season of Leonard, when it was known beforehand that he'd more than likely leave.

Ownership would be heavily involved with a trade of this magnitude. Sarver can't be that stupid and even if he is, someone who has his ear, would have to talk him down off the ledge.
    Last edited by TD 21; 04-22-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stated Gordon, Vucevic, and their pick for this year's draft. Do a sign and trade and throw in Mills or Gasol just because I hate their contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum, brown and a pick. That’s easy. this dude. Do it, move on and don’t look back.

Thread Information