Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am in a much worse mood than during 96/97 when Robinson was hurt and 'sources on the team' (Sean) was telling the Express how he was worried if Robinson would ever play again.

Avery had surgery. Sean had surgery. Charles Smith was a massive failure. Carl Herrera was a failure.

The only young talent that had any potential at all was Corey Alexander (spoiler: he didn't work out)

And during the year, while bad, they weren't the worst. They had a better chance of coming away with Adonal Foyle in the draft that was short on bigs.

And the shadow of relocation was in the air.

This season just has me angrier. Kawhi and his nonsense combined with roster moves that were obviously poor decisions beforehand.

Oh well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team has no collective heart. They just want to go home and wait till next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you get Durant off that team, Cook probably looks no better than Bryn Forbes... He's nothing special.
    Ok maybe he looks better than Bryn, but not by that much.

Spurs need star level talent which they have missed without Kawhi, and it's why overpaying for culture guys makes no sense at this point. And they need to gamble like they did with Murray. If he doesn't pan out, that's fine but he had an opportunity to be special taken at 29... That's a risk you need to take.

But I understand the frustration. Can't omit Kiwi from the equation.
    Bro this is not what I’m saying. The fact that cook is on the roster. The fact that cook is a player on their roster with the skill set and the coaching/scheme to take a pullup three in transition is what sucks. Our team is built with antiquated players and those players are coached to do antiquated things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone could have guessed the Leonard soap-opera, but this team was DOA from the get-go. Lots of blame to go around, but the ultimate deciding factor was Durant joining a 73-win team.
    Only an all-star team can beat the Warriors when they are healthy, and the Spurs are decidedly not an All Star team with or without Leonard.

To each his own, but for me nothing will/can surpass throwing away a 5 point lead with 28 seconds left. I will never understand how that happened.
    By contrast, this year's team is very easy to understand: they suck.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drama queen OP posted on a sock, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cook is a scrub dude. That shot that angered you, he was guarded by Tony who gave him like 5 feet of space bc he didn't want to get blown by. It was a wide open shot with feet fully set, not those off balance 3s that Danny is still! Allowed to take and miss. Bryn can also make that shot but he's a scrub and you can't play him. If you had Cook on this team he'd be Bryn Forbes with a slightly better handle. Nothing to talk about. Get angry at Tonys bad D instead. Tony getting lit up by random scrubs is nothing new.

Right b4 that shot Bertans and Gasol failed to grab 2 rebounds in the same possession that ended up on a Klay 3, that right there ended the Spurs attempts at come back.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 04-20-2018 at 11:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are only 7 players away from being really, really good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really sucks how ty this fanbase is now. Maybe its just because Spurstalk is toxic AF, but people here on this team more than actually root for it. When I used to get together with ST people, occastionally people would hate on a player, but not to the level that you ers do now. People here talk about Parker like he's garbage, they on Patty just because the dude got paid, and even if a player is playing his ass off you all just on him because he's not good enough.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I don't remember the Spurs fanbase being this ty. Maybe its unfair to call it the entire Spurs fanbase since it really seems to be much worse here. I just don't get why so many posters here have to act like miserable s because they think its edgy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is one of the most painless playoff exits, tbh. Not sure what OP is on about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is one of the most painless playoff exits, tbh. Not sure what OP is on about.
    .4 was way worse. Game 7 against Dallas in 2006 was way worse. Getting beat by Memphis as a 1 seed as worse. Game 6 was worse. Barkley closing down hemisfair arena was worse. Losing 4 in a row to the Thunder in 2012 was also worse.

I just don't know how the low point is now because someone hit a 3 on Tony. I mean really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People have different opinions about their “lowests” as Spurs fans

Mine is easily 2013, post-game 6. For weeks after that loss, I probably underwent an adjustment phase disorder with depressive features tbh. The worst feeling ever was the morning after the loss. I’ll never forget how deeply empty and heavy that felt. If you’ve heard of broken heart syndrome, the symptoms immediately following that game + the entire summer after the finals, describes that immediate responsive state.

Manu’s foul sucked. Still remember not watching anything Sports related until football started.

.4 sucked. I was a young teenager but I remember those painful moments.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Anyone with a brain knew this Kawhi-less roster wasn't beating GSW and thankfully the series is ending quickly.

I'm looking forward to the offseason. Unlike last year, PATFO won't be thinking "almost...if it wasn't for injuries" and they should take another shot at it with the current group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really sucks how ty this fanbase is now. Maybe its just because Spurstalk is toxic AF, but people here on this team more than actually root for it. When I used to get together with ST people, occastionally people would hate on a player, but not to the level that you ers do now. People here talk about Parker like he's garbage, they on Patty just because the dude got paid, and even if a player is playing his ass off you all just on him because he's not good enough.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I don't remember the Spurs fanbase being this ty. Maybe its unfair to call it the entire Spurs fanbase since it really seems to be much worse here. I just don't get why so many posters here have to act like miserable s because they think its edgy.
    Meh, winning is what matters in this sport, tbh and Timmy left a high ceiling... If Kawhi would've played this season, this would be a 50-60 win team, and we'll be looking for another Western Conference appearance, then you'll have much more homers posting and people enamored with the team...

Instead you have a team that plays ugly basketball, has no iden y, where role players have to do the heavy lifting and on top of that the Kawhi outlook is uncertain going to the summer... so it's not surprising seeing people pessimistic if not downright suicidal (hi OP).

Hopefully this skull ing ends tomorrow, as I think the summer will be interesting on it's own... it's going to be an interesting challenge for this FO...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get ready to run this back, fellas. "We didn't see what this group was capable of this season".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree 100% other trolls with other teams don’t even bother to come here anymore and talk because the Spurs “fans” already do it themselves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd agree with that man.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This roster is great for the most part:

1. An undersized shooting guard masquerading as a point guard
    2. A slow forward with adequate shooting, great passing and rebounding but is confused if he’s a small forward or a power forward
    3. A handful of undersized shooting guards, because you can’t have too many
    4. A backup center who’s a net negative as indicated by his numbers prior to this season. But he’s French so he must be good.
    5. A star PF who scores via mid range jump shots, clearly the most effective way to score in today’s NBA

Oh and a true star who’s clearly badly injured so he has to sit out the season, despite the medical clearance by the staff. Never mind he has a new agent or his shoe deal fell through.

We all want a shake-up but we know that’s not happening because the Spurs always “like what they have”. Sure.

Thread Information