Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just keep Green on Thomas the whole game don’t care if he only scores one bucket just don’t let him get off.
    Coach needs to get into Gasol face and call out his man hood not in public but he needs to tell Gasol he needs to be more strong and active on offense and defense.
    patty, bryn & tony Clay just shoots over them. Allowing him to get hot. When he tried the same with Danny it was airball. Obviously he still going to get his when they running him off picks bur you're making life tougher. Spura will live with that.

Also Lamarcus is due for a hot shooting night. His last game the jumper was off.

One game at a time. Spura can win this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to belabor the obvious, but the first 7-8 minutes will tell the tale.

Hopefully the words of Yogi Berra won't apply: "It's getting late early."

If the Spurs fall behind right off the bat it's over. If not, they may be able to hang in and make it a contest.

This may (or may not) be a merciful thing for people in the Central Time Zone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Win or go fishing. Spurs have nothing to lose at this point so give them all you got. 1 game at a time but try and win this and force a game 6 in San Antonio. Go Spurs Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've mentioned before, this is the singular place where Simmons actually had a ton of value for SA. If he were still on the roster, he'd be the guy they'd have on Draymond instead of Danny; then Danny would be on Klay, Patty on Iggy and so forth. Simmons had the stronger frame he needed to battle Dray. Danny is going fine enough at the principle job of switching to negate screens. But he couldn't keep Draymond off the boards at all. I can't see the Spurs winning tonight if they allow that same rebound disparity again. The refs definitely have something to do with it (as the Warriors kept pushing off Spurs guys to get the loose balls), and gang-rebounding has to be the emphasis regardless, but more than disrupting Thompson, Danny's going to have to find a way to protect the boards against a small-ball center. Tall order.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree on the rebounding problems Chinook and I think GSW will make a point to go at that problem. Danny was actually on Klay quite a bit with Dijon at times but Dijon was on Raymond a lot and at times Paddy. Gasol was extremely lazy with boards that went right over his head ofetn. Looney and MCGee are energy guys that are there just to hustle and Gasol as at times Aldridge too were very lazy getting otrbounded simply bc those guys wanted the boards more. Kyle and Rudy didn't help as much bc often they were in the perimeter guarding Durant. Respective mistakes they made aside, they are on the perimeter a lot lately. But there's stuff they can all clean up.

I am sure rebounds will be a point of emphasis bc it was obvious they have to put bodies on Looney, MCGee and Draymond.

Paddy is so undersized (specially if you want to switch) that the hoops you have to go through to hide him cost you defensively no matter what... It's something we knew going in. Just enjoyed their win in game 4 and expectations are checked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really can't help wanting to win this game too... Still want my team to win no matter what.
    Same. Not ready for this season to be over yet.

Hopefully the Spurs can gut one out tonight and bring it home.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am hoping the Spurs give it everything they got and put it all together on the road. They're due for a magnificent road performance. Hopefully they can do it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Patty defending Klay. Rudy guards KD. Spurs win. That simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Patty’s heroics but too small to guard Thompson. Why not put Davis on 3 so Green can play 2? It’s those Thompson 3’s over Patty that sets them off. And Davis can switch on anyone, at least better than Patty on Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Paddy will still play 36 minutes. At least he's shooting better than he did in the RS and last playoffs against them. The team needs him offensively. Nothing much you can do about roster construction that at least not pair him with Forbes. Davis has taken whatever minutes would have gone to Bryn. Everyone just has to play better ... The most pitiful efforts came from Gasol.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i had been saying the spurs shoulda kept simmons over tony.

simmons 3 years/$18 mil > tony 1 year/$15

we could really use his slashing/finishing ability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons the new scola... Simmons thread...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like to say start White over Mills to guard Thompson, but it’s not gonna happen. So Davis on 3 and Green on 2. Murray/Green/Davis/Gay/LMA. Patty comes in when Thompson is NOT in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to belabor the obvious, but the first 7-8 minutes will tell the tale.
    That would be refreshing. So far, GSW has toyed with the Spurs in the first quarter (first half, really)... the 3rd quarter has been the barometer, with GSW outscoring the Spurs by 34 points.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    would be down to start white the second half. throw kerr for a loop.

and yeah, even before the series started i felt like it’d be better for patty to play when klay isn’t.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Patty’s heroics but too small to guard Thompson. Why not put Davis on 3 so Green can play 2? It’s those Thompson 3’s over Patty that sets them off. And Davis can switch on anyone, at least better than Patty on Durant.
    Why not have Patty guard the point guard and Dejounte guard Klay? That's how they've always used him when he came off the bench with Manu. On offense he's the 2. On defense he guards the 1, Manu defends the 2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Predictions on Murray's 3-point shooting tonight? They'll give him the same looks, I would imagine..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Predictions on Murray's 3-point shooting tonight? They'll give him the same looks, I would imagine..
    o/u is set at 1.5 and I'll take the under tbh. Hitting them in oracle isn't the same as AT&T.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His shot looked good. He just can't hesitate. I'll hope he hits them again tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he hits a couple, but if not him Danny. There’s many others slumping. I am on the east coast and will dvr and watch tomorrow game is too late for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're gonna get smoked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i had been saying the spurs shoulda kept simmons over tony.

simmons 3 years/$18 mil > tony 1 year/$15

we could really use his slashing/finishing ability.
    Who is still playing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs pull this off tonight this is going 7

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs pull this off tonight this is going 7
    And that is exactly why we wont pull it off. Not only do we need the Warriors to play poorly tonight, we are going to have to play the absolute best game of our season to even have a puncher's chance. We will need a 10+point lead in the 4th to make me believe.

Thread Information