My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She put #Spurs

That’s a ing commitment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s time for a clean break from Kawhi. He can never be counted on to be 100% again. For the rest of his career, at any moment, the quad can flare up and he can be out for a long time, even during the middle of a playoff run. Not to mention all the drama he’s caused this year.

Just get the best deal available and move on. It’s time for the franchise to turn the page as a whole anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s time for a clean break from Kawhi. He can never be counted on to be 100% again. For the rest of his career, at any moment, the quad can flare up and he can be out for a long time, even during the middle of a playoff run. Not to mention all the drama he’s caused this year.

Just get the best deal available and move on. It’s time for the franchise to turn the page as a whole anyway.
    I'm lost... What drama did he cause? And that's a silly argument... ANY player's injury can flare up anytime... Should GS get rid of curry because of his ankle? How about Philly ditch Ben Simmons too? He also was out for an entire year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm lost... What drama did he cause? And that's a silly argument... ANY player's injury can flare up anytime... Should GS get rid of curry because of his ankle? How about Philly ditch Ben Simmons too? He also was out for an entire year
    One missed his rookie year and still has his entire rookie deal and RFA period to play out. The other has a player option in 12 months and can leave the Spurs high and dry(and even if he does stay he can be tainted goods).

And even if he isnt tainted goods, the team around him is garbage and we'd be in the second round and out instead of the first. So why keep a player who is injury prone, lacks the ability to be a leader, and would require a near complete team overhaul to get back into championship contention with?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Parker actually playing
    That's putting it generously, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Directly or indirectly, his injury is the story of the Spurs season. And if you don’t think there is / was drama, you’re being naive.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Directly or indirectly, his injury is the story of the Spurs season. And if you don’t think there is / was drama, you’re being naive.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi allows his family members to deal with his affairs way too much.

Although his mum showing up for the game is a sign of support to pop & the spurs. Credit to her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the flip side, we know that NOT to be true because in the only interview that Kawhi gave in early March, he himself said he was very close and already doing 4v4.

So if there was a setback, it happened under Kawhi’s doctors watch and had nothing to do with SA. His doctors found nothing different, didn’t recommend surgery and even tough he was close to playing nearly 2 months ago, he never got cleared under his doctors watch.
    Is not true because he had other setback under his own doctors? We read articles and watched TV shows where guys said they found "something.

Also, those doctors already DID something different that Spurs' doctors, they didn't clear him to play and opted to continue rehabbing him

Edit: There is a "there's a level of unpredictability involved with rehabilitation from quadriceps tendinopathy" that makes it difficult to clear a player is he's not 100%.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 04-24-2018 at 07:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to look at the history. The Spurs have ZERO record of rushing players back or even letting them play injured. Pop probably cost SA the Utah series in 98 because he wouldn't let TD play one game on a minor ankle sprain. He also held him out of the 2000 playoffs after he had meniscus smoothing minor scope surgery weeks before. THE SPURS DON'T TREAT PLAYERS LIKE MEAT. Never have, never will. Some people's blind PATFO hate causes them to project, but it's not true.
    Having a great record on something doesn't mean that a professional is infallible. In every pro league, injury-mistakes happened.

Now what I CAN see is that with Kawhi's china doll history, and games missed over his career that the Spurs wanted safeguards built in to any offer. That's just smart business. His best season of durability was his rookie year, and he played 64/66 games in the lockout shortened season. Other than that, his reliability has been questionable. He has averaged 66.8 games per season since, and that's throwing out this year's 9 game season, which I consider to be a medical hold out. You can't break the bank for a player who only plays 81% of your games, especially not the SuperMax. That guy has to be a horse, and Kawhi isn't.
    Curry, AD, Wall..There are many super-max players as franchise-guys who are injury-prone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a great record on something doesn't mean that a professional is infallible. In every pro league, injury-mistakes happened.

Curry, AD, Wall..There are many super-max players as franchise-guys who are injury-prone.
    AD isn’t on a SuperMax yet. Like Kawhi, he didn’t meet the criteria until he was out of his rookie deal. Washington should have traded Wall. They’re going nowhere fast, and now have that albatross contract. It’s almost like KG in Minny. His contract is so huge, they can’t get him any more help, so they’re stuck. Curry’s team has 3other all stars to backstop the team when he’s out. Not really a similar situation at all. His missing time doesn’t have the adverse affect that a one star team would feel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea kind of like how game 5 will go for you guys
    Which playoff game # were you playing in again?

The Lakers
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Which playoff game # were you playing in again?
    We prefer the wait and see approach. LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One missed his rookie year and still has his entire rookie deal and RFA period to play out. The other has a player option in 12 months and can leave the Spurs high and dry(and even if he does stay he can be tainted goods).

And even if he isnt tainted goods, the team around him is garbage and we'd be in the second round and out instead of the first. So why keep a player who is injury prone, lacks the ability to be a leader, and would require a near complete team overhaul to get back into championship contention with?
    U wasn't saying he lacks leadership last year when u was on his

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD isn’t on a SuperMax yet. Like Kawhi, he didn’t meet the criteria until he was out of his rookie deal. Washington should have traded Wall. They’re going nowhere fast, and now have that albatross contract. It’s almost like KG in Minny. His contract is so huge, they can’t get him any more help, so they’re stuck. Curry’s team has 3other all stars to backstop the team when he’s out. Not really a similar situation at all. His missing time doesn’t have the adverse affect that a one star team would feel.
    None of what u said disputes the fact that they're all supermax level players that are injury prone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of what u said disputes the fact that they're all supermax level players that are injury prone
    If your friend jumped off a cliff, would you? Smart people and organizations are not lemmings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhileonardofficialfanpage@trentscameron he has addressed he wants to be a Spurs I guess you missed that back in March. Lol He never left. U sound like a doubter who assumes and makes speculations. Good luck with that... You know what they say about assuming right? ��

kawhileonardofficialfanpage@jnrvillanueva I dont need to say anything more than what was said.. If you did your so called homework and paid attention Kawhi has mentioned he wants to be a Spur for life. So once again have serveral seats until you have proven facts backed with Truth. Keep believing the hype if you to. @mylovelytexashome Thank you for clarifying that this guy has no idea... smh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully what his sister is saying is true and hopefully the relationship between the Spurs and Kawhi is patched up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhileonardofficialfanpage@trentscameron he has addressed he wants to be a Spurs I guess you missed that back in March. Lol He never left. U sound like a doubter who assumes and makes speculations. Good luck with that... You know what they say about assuming right? ��

kawhileonardofficialfanpage@jnrvillanueva I dont need to say anything more than what was said.. If you did your so called homework and paid attention Kawhi has mentioned he wants to be a Spur for life. So once again have serveral seats until you have proven facts backed with Truth. Keep believing the hype if you to. @mylovelytexashome Thank you for clarifying that this guy has no idea... smh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhis sister looks like she would have toenails so long they curl. And painted all different colors and have sparkles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, no one has said anything, but this except media people stirring the pot. It's makes them crazy that Kawhi doesn't give them anything. Pop said it succinctly, "He's in New York trying to get healthy."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean thats more dumb than the 5 pages that came before the post....? Probably not

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean thats more dumb than the 5 pages that came before the post....? Probably not
    That family don’t owe you anything; quit acting like a Girl Scout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pretty amazing that we have a guy with a heart condition, carrying the team to the playoffs while our number 1 option basically peaced- out in January because he felt discomfort.

Thread Information