My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...-the-blue-wave

In a case of cosmic justice, Arizona Republican Rep. Trent Franks will be replaced by a woman.

Franks resigned in December after reports surfaced that he had repeatedly pressured younger female staffers about carrying a surrogate child for him and his wife (including possibly impregnating them by having sex) along with other unwanted sexual advances.

And there are two women vying for his seat in the 8th District: When voters in the Western Phoenix suburbs go to the polls on Tuesday, they’ll be choosing between Republican Debbie Lesko and Democrat Hiral Tipirneni.

The race should be a lay-up for Republicans as Donald Trump won the nearly 90 percent white district by 21 points in 2016 (no Democrat ran against Franks in 2016 or 2014). The area has no recent history of Democratic activism, but Democrats are hoping to yet again ride the surge of anti-Trump grassroots activism to snatch an unexpected victory.

It would be just the latest overperformance by Democrats, who've seen a series of victories in conservative areas since the 2016 election, including Conor Lamb’s narrow victory last month in Pennsylvania’s 18th District, where Trump won by 20 points in 2016. There’s scant polling from anyone other than a few partisan firms.

If Democrats win or come close, it will be another sign of a so-called wave election this November when Democrats hope to take back the House of Representatives and potentially the Senate. If Republicans cruise to victory, they will take it as a sign that Republicans can hold onto the House and Senate. At least, that’s what both parties will tell their donors Wednesday morning to convince them to give more money.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much for that upset and lmao New York

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Winning a special election by 5 points in a district Dennison won by 21 isn't exactly great news tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much for that upset and lmao New York
    LOL 31 point swing in favor of the democrat in Arizona.

A loss, sure but the bigger picture paints a massacre for your precious party. There are over 130 house seats that are far less republican leaning than this and democrats only need to flip 23.

Do the math..if you can bot Chris.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winning a special election by 5 points in a district Dennison won by 21 isn't exactly great news tbh.

yep, blues losing by small margins in red areas, compared with the customary stomping by red candidates, is great news (for Dems).

Thread Information