My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24 years ago I remember watching highlights (I didn't get all Spurs games in NYC ), it was so awesome tho. I thought they made a mistake when they reported it initially

Also... Sorry, not sorry Shaq

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Incredible
    edIt: weird camera angles tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not much has changed for the Clippers since those days... Maybe the uni's but those wont win you any games or

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best part is that it shiggered Shaq, who only still needed to score like 40 or whatever to hold on and he couldn't do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This video has the commentary but the quality isn't as good

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The end of that game is pretty funny. The Spurs were playing All-Star defense and the Clippers kept doubling and draining the clock on offense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember that game like it was yesterday.......I was in the 8th grade at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only other Spur they showed shooting, was, of course, Terry mings, the black hole's black hole. I noticed he didn't play much after that. A lot of Rodman and Carr from there forward. Also, weird to see someone else wearing 32 in Sean's exile season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only other Spur they showed shooting, was, of course, Terry mings, the black hole's black hole. I noticed he didn't play much after that. A lot of Rodman and Carr from there forward. Also, weird to see someone else wearing 32 in Sean's exile season.
    Yea I had to double take real quick like that ain't Sean. Then I heard the announcer and I was like ahh that's right. Mr Knight...

And man mings went 2-10! D-Rob could've gotten 80

https://www.basketball-reference.com...404240LAC.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is an example of what I was referring to in the Westbrook thread..sometimes the game within the game is more fun than just analyzing wins and losses..

Spurs lost in the 1st round that season, but that scoring race was one of the most entertaining storylines of that NBA season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game wasn’t on tv in any market. That’s why it’s all baseline shots.

If I remember correctly, the game WAS originally supposed to be on NBC, but it got replaced like a week before.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is an example of what I was referring to in the Westbrook thread..sometimes the game within the game is more fun than just analyzing wins and losses..

Spurs lost in the 1st round that season, but that scoring race was one of the most entertaining storylines of that NBA season..
    It's fair. The NBA is primarily an entertainment product after all.

If winning were truly the only important thing then bottom-feeders, especially perennial ones in small markets like Orlando, would be playing in front of maybe hundreds each night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ The difference is, Robinson's feat encompassed one game and was spurred on by his teammate. I don't see how a hard core fan could respect a serial stat who didn't accomplish his supposed feat organically. It's like Durant's winning a championship with the Warriors: meaningless.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of makes you wonder why the Spurs didn't just run Robinson to try and get 50ish a game in some of those teams of very mediocre years and see what happens. If nothing else it seems like it would work for the rest of the team to get more open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information