Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's not until tomorrow, let's wish the GOAT power forward an early happy 42nd birthday!!

Career Highlights And Awards
    -Naismith College Player Of The Year (1997)
    -AP College Player Of The Year (1997)
    -John Wooden Award (1997)
    -Adolph Rupp Trophy (1997)
    -USBWA College Player Of The Year (1997)
    -Sporting News Player Of The Year (1997)
    -ACC Male Athlete Of The Year (1997)
    -2x Consensus First Team All-American (1996, 1997)
    -3x NABC Defensive Player Of The Year (1995, 1996, 1997)
    -2x ACC Player Of The Year (1996, 1997)
    -Honored By The U.S. House Of Representatives
    -Jersey #21 Retired (Wake Forest)
    -ACC 50th Anniversary Men's Basketball Team (2002)
    -College Basketball Hall Of Fame (2017)

-5x NBA Champion (1999, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2014)
    -3x NBA Finals MVP (1999, 2003, 2005)
    -2x NBA MVP (2002, 2003)
    -NBA All-Star MVP (2000)
    -15x NBA All-Star (1998, 2000-2011, 2013, 2015)
    -15x All-NBA Selection (10 First Team, 3 Second Team, 2 Third Team)
    -15x NBA All-Defensive Selection (8 First Team, 7 Second Team)
    -NBA All-Rookie First Team (1998)
    -NBA Rookie Of The Year (1998)
    -NBA Shooting Stars Champion (2008)
    -NBA Teammate Of The Year (2015)
    -Sports Illustrated Sportsman Of The Year (2003)
    -USA Basketball Male Athlete Of The Year (2003)
    -NBA Community Assist Award (2003)
    -Sports Illustrated NBA Player Of The Decade (2009)
    -Jersey #21 Retired (Spurs)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy B-Day Timmy! Have a win!

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the goat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy birthday to the GOAT

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy birthday Timmy! Thanks for everything, man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy birthday GOATy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy Birthday to the GOAT.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy birthday to the third greatest player of all time in my eyes after Jordan and Kareem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harlem creamed his pants when he saw the all star mvp award listed tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish he would come back for gasol tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy birthday Timmy! We miss you!

Harlem creamed his pants when he saw the all star mvp award listed tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOAT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are some of the countless milestones and achievements Tim Duncan had piled up by the time he retired:

-Had a 20+ PER (Player Efficiency Rating) in each of his first 18 seasons. (NBA Record)

-Received MVP votes in 16 of his first 18 seasons.

-Only player in the last 35 years to be selected to the All-NBA 1st Team as a rookie.

-Only player in the modern NBA era to lead a team to a championship with his team's 2nd through 5th scorers all shooting under 42%.

-Only player in NBA history to start on an NBA championship team in 3 different decades.

-Only player in NBA history with 15 All-Star selections, 15 All-NBA selections, and 15 All-Defensive selections.

-Only player in NBA history to be selected to an All-NBA and All-Defensive team in his first 13 seasons.

-Only player in NBA history with 100 offensive win shares and 100 defensive win shares.

-Only player in NBA history to average at least 13 points and 9 rebounds at age 38 or older.

-Only player in NBA history with 5,000 points, 2,500 rebounds, and 500 blocks in the playoffs.

-Only player in NBA history to win 1,000 games with 1 team.

-One of only 3 players in NBA history with 1,000 wins. (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Robert Parish)

-One of only 2 players in NBA history with 25,000 points, 15,000 rebounds, and 3,000 blocks. (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)

-One of only 4 players in NBA history with 20,000 points, 10,000 rebounds, 3,000 assists, and 2,500 blocks. (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O'Neal)

-One of only 3 players in NBA history to win the Wooden Award, NBA Rookie Of The Year, NBA MVP, NBA Finals MVP, and NBA All-Star Game MVP. (Michael Jordan, Larry Bird)

-One of only 5 players in NBA history to win 3 NBA Finals MVPs. (Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal, LeBron James)

-One of only 3 players in NBA history with a championship, NBA Finals MVP, MVP, 10 All-NBA selections, 10 All-Defensive selections. (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kobe Bryant)

-One of only 4 players in NBA history to be selected to the All-NBA 1st Team in each of his first 8 seasons. (Bob Pet , Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird)

-One of only 6 players in NBA history to ever win Rookie Of The Year and all 3 MVP awards. (Wilt Chamberlain, Willis Reed, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal)

-One of only 5 No. 1 overall picks in the last 25 years to win a championship with the team that drafted him. (Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, LeBron James, Kyrie Irving)

-NBA record for most seasons played by a No. 1 overall draft pick for the team that drafted him. (19)

-Most consecutive seasons of at least 50 games played for the same franchise. (19 - tied with John Stockton)

-Most All-NBA selections in a career. (15 - tied with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Kobe Bryant)

-Most NBA All-Defensive Team selections in a career. (15)

-Most career defensive rebounds in All-Star Game history. (98)

-Oldest player in NBA history to record 20 points and 20 rebounds in a game. (23 points, 21 rebounds vs Hawks on 12/3/13)

-Has a winning record, regular season and playoffs, against every single franchise in the NBA. No other player is closer than 8 games under .500 during that span.

-Has beaten 18 different teams in the NBA playoffs. No other player in history has done this.

-He has a winning head-to-head record against every top power forward of his generation.

-Co-anchored a Spurs defense that finished the 1998-99 season with an NBA-record .4016 opponent field goal percentage.

-In his first 10 seasons, the Spurs were either No. 1 or No. 2 in the NBA every year in points allowed and opponent field goal percentage.

-He, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili have the NBA record for most regular season wins (575) and most playoff wins (126) by a trio.

-Had 5 lottery picks from his draft class as teammates, which is the most for a No. 1 pick. (Antonio Daniels, Ron Mercer, Tracy McGrady, Austin Croshere, Derek Anderson)

-Had 9 players from his draft class as teammates, which is the most for a No. 1 pick. (Antonio Daniels, Ron Mercer, Tracy McGrady, Austin Croshere, Derek Anderson, Charles Smith, Jacque Vaughn, Stephen Jackson, Ira Newble)

-He and Gregg Popovich outlasted some historic teams in his 19 years: Shaq/Kobe Lakers, (1st) LeBron Cavs, Dirk Mavs, Larry Brown Pistons, 7 Seconds Or Less Suns, Kobe Lakers, Pierce/Garnett/Allen Celtics, The Heatles, Durant/Westbrook Thunder

Here is an overview of the impact Tim Duncan had on the Spurs organization:

-The Spurs had only been to the conference finals 4 times in 30 years before he joined them.

-The Spurs had a .600 or above winning percentage in all 19 of his seasons.

-The Spurs won 50+ regular seasons games in 17 consecutive seasons. (NBA record)

-The Spurs never finished a regular season with worse than the 2nd best record in their division in that span.

-The Spurs made the playoffs all 19 years he played. That's the most ever for 1 player with 1 team in NBA history.

-The Spurs won 35 of the 48 (73%) playoff series that he played in.

-The Spurs' .710 winning percentage with him is the best 19-year stretch in NBA history and the best of any franchise in all 4 major pro sports leagues.

-The Spurs have been the most successful organization in the history of North American team sports.

Marcus Eliot Williams Austin_Toros's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is TD still with that latina chick?

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are some of the countless milestones and achievements Tim Duncan had piled up by the time he retired:

-Had a 20+ PER (Player Efficiency Rating) in each of his first 18 seasons. (NBA Record)

-Received MVP votes in 16 of his first 18 seasons.

-Only player in the last 35 years to be selected to the All-NBA 1st Team as a rookie.

-Only player in the modern NBA era to lead a team to a championship with his team's 2nd through 5th scorers all shooting under 42%.

-Only player in NBA history to start on an NBA championship team in 3 different decades.

-Only player in NBA history with 15 All-Star selections, 15 All-NBA selections, and 15 All-Defensive selections.

-Only player in NBA history to be selected to an All-NBA and All-Defensive team in his first 13 seasons.

-Only player in NBA history with 100 offensive win shares and 100 defensive win shares.

-Only player in NBA history to average at least 13 points and 9 rebounds at age 38 or older.

-Only player in NBA history with 5,000 points, 2,500 rebounds, and 500 blocks in the playoffs.

-Only player in NBA history to win 1,000 games with 1 team.

-One of only 3 players in NBA history with 1,000 wins. (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Robert Parish)

-One of only 2 players in NBA history with 25,000 points, 15,000 rebounds, and 3,000 blocks. (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)

-One of only 4 players in NBA history with 20,000 points, 10,000 rebounds, 3,000 assists, and 2,500 blocks. (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O'Neal)

-One of only 3 players in NBA history to win the Wooden Award, NBA Rookie Of The Year, NBA MVP, NBA Finals MVP, and NBA All-Star Game MVP. (Michael Jordan, Larry Bird)

-One of only 5 players in NBA history to win 3 NBA Finals MVPs. (Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal, LeBron James)

-One of only 3 players in NBA history with a championship, NBA Finals MVP, MVP, 10 All-NBA selections, 10 All-Defensive selections. (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kobe Bryant)

-One of only 4 players in NBA history to be selected to the All-NBA 1st Team in each of his first 8 seasons. (Bob Pet , Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird)

-One of only 6 players in NBA history to ever win Rookie Of The Year and all 3 MVP awards. (Wilt Chamberlain, Willis Reed, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal)

-One of only 5 No. 1 overall picks in the last 25 years to win a championship with the team that drafted him. (Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, LeBron James, Kyrie Irving)

-NBA record for most seasons played by a No. 1 overall draft pick for the team that drafted him. (19)

-Most consecutive seasons of at least 50 games played for the same franchise. (19 - tied with John Stockton)

-Most All-NBA selections in a career. (15 - tied with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Kobe Bryant)

-Most NBA All-Defensive Team selections in a career. (15)

-Most career defensive rebounds in All-Star Game history. (98)

-Oldest player in NBA history to record 20 points and 20 rebounds in a game. (23 points, 21 rebounds vs Hawks on 12/3/13)

-Has a winning record, regular season and playoffs, against every single franchise in the NBA. No other player is closer than 8 games under .500 during that span.

-Has beaten 18 different teams in the NBA playoffs. No other player in history has done this.

-He has a winning head-to-head record against every top power forward of his generation.

-Co-anchored a Spurs defense that finished the 1998-99 season with an NBA-record .4016 opponent field goal percentage.

-In his first 10 seasons, the Spurs were either No. 1 or No. 2 in the NBA every year in points allowed and opponent field goal percentage.

-He, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili have the NBA record for most regular season wins (575) and most playoff wins (126) by a trio.

-Had 5 lottery picks from his draft class as teammates, which is the most for a No. 1 pick. (Antonio Daniels, Ron Mercer, Tracy McGrady, Austin Croshere, Derek Anderson)

-Had 9 players from his draft class as teammates, which is the most for a No. 1 pick. (Antonio Daniels, Ron Mercer, Tracy McGrady, Austin Croshere, Derek Anderson, Charles Smith, Jacque Vaughn, Stephen Jackson, Ira Newble)

-He and Gregg Popovich outlasted some historic teams in his 19 years: Shaq/Kobe Lakers, (1st) LeBron Cavs, Dirk Mavs, Larry Brown Pistons, 7 Seconds Or Less Suns, Kobe Lakers, Pierce/Garnett/Allen Celtics, The Heatles, Durant/Westbrook Thunder

Here is an overview of the impact Tim Duncan had on the Spurs organization:

-The Spurs had only been to the conference finals 4 times in 30 years before he joined them.

-The Spurs had a .600 or above winning percentage in all 19 of his seasons.

-The Spurs won 50+ regular seasons games in 17 consecutive seasons. (NBA record)

-The Spurs never finished a regular season with worse than the 2nd best record in their division in that span.

-The Spurs made the playoffs all 19 years he played. That's the most ever for 1 player with 1 team in NBA history.

-The Spurs won 35 of the 48 (73%) playoff series that he played in.

-The Spurs' .710 winning percentage with him is the best 19-year stretch in NBA history and the best of any franchise in all 4 major pro sports leagues.

-The Spurs have been the most successful organization in the history of North American team sports.
    Impressive! Happy Birthday Tim!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of that and a great franchise leader.
    Hapoy Bday!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still better than current Pau and Lauvergne

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wishing someone who doesn't know you and never will happy birthday on a forum they never visit and never will is honestly pretty pathetic tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Tim!

Wishing someone who doesn't know you and never will happy birthday on a forum they never visit and never will is honestly pretty pathetic tbh.
    Well, people need to show their love in different ways.

Call me crazy but after his divorce, the scandal with his former financial adviser, his retirement..I was worried about him, I just wanted to see Tim happy again.

When I saw him with his new girl and baby this year...It's hard to explain it..I felt good, relieved.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This score sums up how I felt when he retired. I felt like a part of the spurs died the day he retired.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the Spurs hasn’t been the same since you left 21. Happy Birthday Duncan!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy b'day Timmy, now come back and save the Spurs.

pls

Thread Information