Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so hard for me to accept I won't see Kawhi and Danny in Spurs uniforms anymore. I'll miss both players, our wing stop duo.

With Kawhi healthy, Danny is a bigger piece to the puzzle since he can get open looks and his transition defense compliments Kawhi's man on man.
    Agreed. They were the best defensive duo for years, they complemented each other, it was exciting to watch them playing defense together.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 04-26-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll get over them a lot faster then when David retired TBH

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Pretty dumb, tbh..Coming off a series where he looked like a poor man Mbah Mboute ..
    Don't disrespect Luc like that....dude was more like washed up Keith Bogans

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Something happened to his legs a few years ago. Look at the fluidity in his shot between then and now.
    Age related, it's not surprising his leg died after 3 straight trips to the conference finals including two finals. He also logged the most minutes of his career in '14-'15 & couldn't buy a basket in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Age related, it's not surprising his leg died after 3 straight trips to the conference finals including two finals. He also logged the most minutes of his career in '14-'15 & couldn't buy a basket in the playoffs.
    Interesting bc he had a groin injury this season that lingered and during the last few weeks if the RS he had one calf wrapped up in the bench. He slumped shooting horribly to end the season.

If it's,age, conditioning... it's over. Spurs would need to move him to the bench next season if he opts in. They already kind of did this yr and he played well as a bench player.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Interesting bc he had a groin injury this season that lingered and during the last few weeks if the RS he had one calf wrapped up in the bench. He slumped shooting horribly to end the season.

If it's,age, conditioning... it's over. Spurs would need to move him to the bench next season if he opts in. They already kind of did this yr and he played well as a bench player.
    Thabo Sefolosha 2.0

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if there's a pattern here. Guys like Danny get a lot of their defensive value from being able to fight through a screen or go under and still challenge a shot. That and moving a lot off the ball on offense requires a lot of stamina and explosive changes of direction. Do players like this tend to break down earlier than most? Just speculation on my part, I really don't know the answer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was only 25-27 at the time and those 3 straight deep runs ended 4 years ago, with only 1 since. His drop off came 3 years ago, at 28. He had played roughly 9,300 career minutes at that point and hasn't suffered a career altering injury.

Ariza is essentially a bigger version. He's also 2 years older and had played roughly 28, 000 career minutes entering this season. He just had the 3rd best (narrowly missing 2nd, which came 2 seasons prior) 3-pt% of his career.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He was only 25-27 at the time and those 3 straight deep runs ended 4 years ago, with only 1 since. His drop off came 3 years ago, at 28. He had played roughly 9,300 career minutes at that point and hasn't suffered a career altering injury.

Ariza is essentially a bigger version. He's also 2 years older and had played roughly 28, 000 career minutes entering this season. He just had the 3rd best (narrowly missing 2nd, which came 2 seasons prior) 3-pt% of his career.
    Danny works out at the club ala JR Smith

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Lebron would love to play with Green, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a feeling spurs will re-sign him long term at a similar salary. Everything about the Spurs history screams a re-signing and an overpay. Spurs have no cap room anyways thanks to a couple of the worst deals in recent Spurs memory in Gasol and Patty's contracts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny shifted his off-season focus in delusional ways the past 4 offseasons.

He admitted to not working as hard on his shot & worked on his off the dribble game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if there was already some question about whether he was worth his initial deal in 2015, there's got to be a question now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How? He’s missing wide open shots
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather go back to the old offense than trade Green tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if there was already some question about whether he was worth his initial deal in 2015, there's got to be a question now.
    And Lowe is one of Danny's biggest ballwashers, tbh

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather go back to the old offense than trade Green tbh
    The beautiful game is never coming back bro

Even if it was, G-League misses wide open shots regardless of system.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It only takes one GM to decide he's worth $10M a year.

I could see him taking something like 4/35 if it's offered. He isn't likely to get another sizable contract in his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It only takes one GM to decide he's worth $10M a year.

I could see him taking something like 4/35 if it's offered. He isn't likely to get another sizable contract in his career.
    The same thing could be said of Pau and Paddy. It only took one GM=RC!!

I thought Danny was on a good deal when it was given, but he hardly looks like a starter right now and he either doesn’t fit in with a post up offense or he has simply fallen off a cliff. It doesn’t seem like a bounce back is in order either unless IMO he changes teams. I would not offer a 4 year deal bc he’s aged very badly and is already 30 yrs old.

What was interesting was that even after his best season of his career (2015) some “team execs” were already thinking he wasn’t going to live up to a large contract. I think those doubters are only going to be louder right now. He might just very well opt in.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 04-30-2018 at 10:05 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 and D with championship experience should get him a decent multiyear deal. I see it being 3 years 7-8 mil per year deal. Lamborgini probably getting close to the same deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 and D with championship experience should get him a decent multiyear deal. I see it being 3 years 7-8 mil per year deal. Lamborgini probably getting close to the same deal.
    He could still get 21 mill in 3 yrs next season but he’d add that to his 10 mill next year.

I am really inclined to think he opts in at this point...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he opts in, can he be traded?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he opts in, can he be traded?
    Yes, and I'd say it's likely. Pop basically gave up on him snapping out of his funk, and moved him to the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can tell you unequivocally that the Spurs are prepared to move him. They were last year too. The coaching staff's opinion is that Green's D HAS BEEN on the decline. Throw in his non-existent offense and they are ready to part ways.
    Last edited by tmtcsc; 04-30-2018 at 12:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, and I'd say it's likely. Pop basically gave up on him snapping out of his funk, and moved him to the bench.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I wondered if Danny knows that (Pop might give him the courtesy of telling him it is a strong possibility?) would he be more inclined to opt out to try and control where he goes.

I think opting in is his best move though.

Thread Information