Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pretty dumb, tbh..Coming off a series where he looked like a poor man Mbah Mboute ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pretty dumb, tbh..Coming off a series where he looked like a poor man Mbah Mboute ..
    His D is invaluable but his shot is beyond broke.

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be smart to opt out. He won’t get $10 mill a year but I bet he signs a three year mid lvl deal. Less money per year but more guarantee money and more years

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be great for the Spurs if he opted out and I actually wouldn't be shocked..he won't get anywhere near 10 mil anywhere, but it's typical for NBA role players to burn out and look for a new situation..

Demarre Carroll is a recent example of this(not FA but asking for a trade out of Toronto)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green needs to go. Opposing teams don't even have to guard him, when he's on the floor it's 4v5 on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His D is in invaluable but his shot is beyond broke.
    That D must mean something different than defense Green has been playing terrible for months

Green can't even stay in front of his man anymore

Murray already is a better defender than him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers will get him for cheap. And Simmons will turn him back into 2013-15 Green

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers will get him for cheap. And Simmons will turn him back into 2013-15 Green
    Almost said the same thing; he goes elsewhere and most likely has a resurgence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn’t sound clear to me. But the writing may be on the wall if he’s going to be traded anyways...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be great for the Spurs if he opted out and I actually wouldn't be shocked..he won't get anywhere near 10 mil anywhere, but it's typical for NBA role players to burn out and look for a new situation..

Demarre Carroll is a recent example of this(not FA but asking for a trade out of Toronto)..
    Danny's more useful to the team as an mid-sized expiring than he is opting out. I'm pretty sure the league sees him as somewhat positive value, so he and 18 is a good package for a solid piece.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him opt out for a new deal with SA, but that depends on what happens with Kawhi more than anything. In a revamped offense, he could be a contributor, but he can't be thought of as a main guy anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A star player that can give him open looks in rhythm is what he needs. He's not a spot up shooter in a 90s offense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Or maybe he’ll try to follow Lebron somewhere if he can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny's more useful to the team as an mid-sized expiring than he is opting out. I'm pretty sure the league sees him as somewhat positive value, so he and 18 is a good package for a solid piece.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him opt out for a new deal with SA, but that depends on what happens with Kawhi more than anything. In a revamped offense, he could be a contributor, but he can't be thought of as a main guy anymore.
    With opting out he’s sure to make more guaranteed money than he has now and he controls where he plays. That’s big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is a Spur for life in my book. One of the best role players SA has ever had and a legit baller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny’s shot disappeared the last couple of years. He just looks awful at times. We could have stretched GSW if he had shot the ball well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With opting out he’s sure to make more guaranteed money than he has now and he controls where he plays. That’s big.
    At this point, I think we're at the reasonable nadir of Danny's value. Whatever he's worth this year, he'll be worth no less next year. Controlling where he plays would be big, of course, and after two years of trade rumors, he probably would like some autonomy. But from a pure money perspective, I don't think opting out makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron will call him up...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is a Spur for life in my book. One of the best role players SA has ever had and a legit baller.
    Yes, but damn, if he could have kept it going just a couple more years, he would have been an all-timer with the club. Jersey retired and everything. Maybe Drom John can give us a fuller breakdown, but Danny places well on a number of team leaderboards. Had he kept it going, he would have been much higher though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Not quite Bowen-level but not too far below. Way ahead of Kerr tbh.
    Last edited by BillMc; 04-25-2018 at 02:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but damn, if he could have kept it going just a couple more years, he would have been an all-timer with the club. Jersey retired and everything. Maybe Drom John can give us a fuller breakdown, but Danny places well on a number of team leaderboards. Had he kept it going, he would have been much higher though.
    No one suffered more from the offense changing than Green unfortunately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his value is probably the mid level or less...if he ops out i would re sign him for something like three years 20 millions contract (6.5 for year)...this way he doubles his guaranteed money.
    'cause let's be real...another year like this one and he becomes a vet min player...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his value is probably the mid level or less...if he ops out i would re sign him for something like three years 20 millions contract (6.5 for year)...this way he doubles his guaranteed money.
    'cause let's be real...another year like this one and he becomes a vet min player...
    I was thinking $24M/3 with the third year half guaranteed. Doubles his guaranteed payout while giving the team a decent $4-Million option in that final year if he finds himself again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Team needs a dynamic guard like it's no one's business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

Thread Information